RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:01:26 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | What was your favorite Arcade game growing up? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: What was your favorite Arcade game growing up?  (Read 7334 times)
nes_pimp
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 12:53:36 PM »

Roadblasters I could play it all day.
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 01:02:09 PM »

Funny, not Red Baron, but one of either two fellow vector games for me: either Tempest or Major Havoc was my favorite Smiley

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 01:22:30 PM »

A snackbar nearby had this. It was great.
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2013, 02:11:26 PM »

Cruis'n USA and all the other Cruis'n games I really enjoyed.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2013, 06:41:09 PM »

For me it was Star Wars. I was lucky enough to be young during the arcade heyday, and played a lot of games and pinball, but I always came back to this one. They had the cockpit version at the roller skating rink I went to all the time.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2013, 11:48:56 AM »

Great thread, long overdue.

Street Fighter II Champion Edition
Mortal Kombat II
Asteroids
Simpsons
TMNT
MTV Drumscape
Police Trainer
X-Men
San Francisco Rush
Hydro Thunder

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2013, 01:18:37 PM »

Tempest was my favorite cab to play when growing up. Still love Ms. Pac and Galaga as well.

House of the Dead holds a special place in my heart, since it is the machine where my wife and I bonded over during many a date in college.

Good memories of Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat cabs when I was a teen.

...but my most recent favorite cab has to be L.A. Machine Guns (Wii has a nice combo port of this and Gunblade):

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2013, 01:55:15 PM »

...but my most recent favorite cab has to be L.A. Machine Guns (Wii has a nice combo port of this and Gunblade):

Love that vibrating platform

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2013, 01:57:02 PM »

Love that vibrating platform

Uh, yeah. Imagine the banana, and 3 friends during St. Patrick's Day at a Dave & Busters playing this machine with a fully-stocked bar at our disposal.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
No
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2013, 03:57:02 PM »

While I played a bunch of arcade games when I was younger, it was always a different game everytime (plus usually I played an arcade game and later got the console port [Daytona, Virtua Cop, Silent Scope 2, Cruis'n USA, Time Crisis 1 & 2, Point Blank, Sega Rally 1 & 2, more recently The Fast and the Furious/Cruis'n and today got the arcade port of OutRun 2 a game that I played in the arcades even though OutRun 2006 is better] but there is one game that stood out.

Star Wars Trilogy Arcade, the Sega Model 3 one that came out when the Special Edition Star Wars Trilogy was released in cinemas. It was everything I loved about the original Star Wars Trilogy wrapped around a joystick based light gun shooter [think Operation Wolf mixed with Virtua Cop] and a good form of QTEs at the boss battles. Everytime I saw that I played on it until a couple of years ago when the Spanish arcades that had it closed down and became betting shops. Unlike the others, it was never ported at all. I'm sure the Wii would have done it justice...
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2013, 04:00:06 PM »

I loved that trilogy machine. Space battles, ground battles, lightsaber fights, Death Star run.  I always hoped it would make it to the Dreamcast but it never did.  I've seen a few of the stand up models for sale but I really prefer the sit down model. 

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2013, 04:22:11 PM »

That was a great game. I played it a little older so I didn't include it, but in the dying days of arcades the Trilogy was a great game.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2013, 11:13:00 PM »

Wow, I've never seen a site where everyone liked that game!

Whenever I've seen it mentioned on forums people have complained about it  Lips Sealed I've always liked it.

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2013, 12:12:02 AM »

S.T.U.N. Runner

Gosh, I love the primitive polygonal graphics.  The game was fast and smooth, and the shooting element added to gameplay value.

I'm always pleased to see "tube-shooter" games (or at least portions.

I've seen it return in N2O (PS1), Torus Trooper (PC/freeware), and some races in Star Wars ep1 Racer.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 12:14:55 AM by OatBob » Logged

it's thinking
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2013, 02:17:36 PM »

While I played a bunch of arcade games when I was younger, it was always a different game everytime (plus usually I played an arcade game and later got the console port [Daytona, Virtua Cop, Silent Scope 2, Cruis'n USA, Time Crisis 1 & 2, Point Blank, Sega Rally 1 & 2, more recently The Fast and the Furious/Cruis'n and today got the arcade port of OutRun 2 a game that I played in the arcades even though OutRun 2006 is better] but there is one game that stood out.

Star Wars Trilogy Arcade, the Sega Model 3 one that came out when the Special Edition Star Wars Trilogy was released in cinemas. It was everything I loved about the original Star Wars Trilogy wrapped around a joystick based light gun shooter [think Operation Wolf mixed with Virtua Cop] and a good form of QTEs at the boss battles. Everytime I saw that I played on it until a couple of years ago when the Spanish arcades that had it closed down and became betting shops. Unlike the others, it was never ported at all. I'm sure the Wii would have done it justice...

I forgot about Trilogy! I used to love playing that game.  I'd love to see a port on the Wii/PSMove.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length