RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:19:16 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you reading right now 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 60 Print
Author Topic: What are you reading right now  (Read 247216 times)
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #705 on: June 17, 2013, 09:45:18 PM »

Read Lone Wolf & Cub Volume I: The Assassin's Road this weekend.

Hmmm what next?

There's 27 more!

I'm about done with Small Gods. Great book, even if you aren't otherwise into Discworld.

When shall his new form be revealed?
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #706 on: June 18, 2013, 05:35:45 PM »

Read Lone Wolf & Cub Volume I: The Assassin's Road this weekend.

Hmmm what next?

There's 27 more!

Yeah, I grabbed the first one at a yard sale and am now trying to acquire more through means other than ebay.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #707 on: June 27, 2013, 12:50:56 AM »

reading through the Complete Sherlock Holmes Collection right now, about 400 pages in. i have yet to see the famous line "Elementary, my dear Watson." i've seen elementary and "my dear Watson" separately a couple times, but i wonder if this is one of those things pop culture has worked into our minds even though it never actually happened. still around 700 pages to go though so we'll see.
JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #708 on: June 27, 2013, 05:06:29 AM »

reading through the Complete Sherlock Holmes Collection right now, about 400 pages in. i have yet to see the famous line "Elementary, my dear Watson." i've seen elementary and "my dear Watson" separately a couple times, but i wonder if this is one of those things pop culture has worked into our minds even though it never actually happened. still around 700 pages to go though so we'll see.

Sorta. The phrase is based off an exchange between Watson and Holmes in The Crooked Man. The actual phrase is comes from an approximation of that exchange by the writers of the 1929 film "The Return of Sherlock Holmes".
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #709 on: June 27, 2013, 12:05:20 PM »

Yeah that's from the old movie.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #710 on: June 27, 2013, 03:12:32 PM »

Sorta. The phrase is based off an exchange between Watson and Holmes in The Crooked Man. The actual phrase is comes from an approximation of that exchange by the writers of the 1929 film "The Return of Sherlock Holmes".

ah ok, i thought it could be something like that too. cool
SteelNipples
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #711 on: June 27, 2013, 05:09:49 PM »

Hammurabi's Code of Law, really interesting stuff.

hi
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #712 on: June 27, 2013, 10:35:41 PM »

Starting with discworld from the beginning. Not sure how long I'll last, but on the Colour of Magic now.

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #713 on: July 11, 2013, 07:59:34 AM »

Went back to Cracked.com, and found a few articles that may be of interest to my fellow vidya aficionados:

Six Games That Put Insane Detail Into Stuff You Didn't Notice: http://www.cracked.com/ar...uff-you-didnt-notice.html

7 Dick Moves Everyone Pulled in Classic Video Games: http://www.cracked.com/bl...d-in-classic-video-games/
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #714 on: July 11, 2013, 10:42:56 AM »

I'm concurrently listening to an audio version of Dead Man's Walk and reading a paper version of Comanche Moon, both by Larry McMurtry and both of the same series. It's working out surprisingly well, the two stand out as standalone novels quite well.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #715 on: July 21, 2013, 08:47:06 PM »

Starting with discworld from the beginning. Not sure how long I'll last, but on the Colour of Magic now.

I've only read a few of those but I really enjoyed Going Postal and Making Money. They are two of the later books I think. Actually there are movies of those two books, I watched them on Netflix. The movies are good but, you know, is wasn't as good as the book, blah, blah, blah.

Reading a Patrick McManus book, heady stuff....okay, its not but it is funny...parts anyway.
Haoie
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #716 on: July 31, 2013, 03:51:44 AM »

The Fall of the Celestial City

If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #717 on: July 31, 2013, 01:46:29 PM »

Blew through Dead Man's Walk and Streets of Laredo, finishing up the Lonesome Dove saga. I sad is over Sad Tooling about now trying to find something that can catch my interests as much. Loaded up Jurassic Park, Shogun, and The Darkness that Comes Before on my iphone so I have something to listen to in the next few days of moving and probably not having interwebs.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #718 on: August 05, 2013, 10:26:42 PM »

Re-reading John Dies at the End so that I can read the sequel.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #719 on: August 24, 2013, 07:46:06 PM »

Finished Never Let Me Go this morning. Then I watched the movie. The movie was not too shabby actually. The book was great.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 60 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length