RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:29:59 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you reading right now 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 Print
Author Topic: What are you reading right now  (Read 246107 times)
FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #855 on: March 23, 2017, 10:19:03 AM »

Fear Nothing by Dean Koontz.

The first in a supposed trilogy about a man suffering from Xeroderma Pigmentosum and the mysterious going ons in the town of Moonlight Bay.
zophar53
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #856 on: September 27, 2017, 10:10:05 AM »

I participate in a couple book clubs so I always have at least a couple books going. Currently I'm reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde and Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero. Dorian Gray is super boring; if I weren't listening to the audio version I would've given up on it. But Meddling Kids is really good so far. It's kind of a mix of Scooby-Doo and It. I'm about 25% through right now.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #857 on: March 12, 2018, 06:15:16 PM »

What I'm currently reading will come as no surprise to many of you:

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #858 on: June 29, 2018, 10:26:25 PM »

I am currently reading Needful Things by Stephen King

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #859 on: October 27, 2018, 11:48:50 AM »

The Lost World by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #860 on: January 12, 2019, 12:06:25 AM »

Just getting started on the Alan Moore/Neil Gaiman-penned MiracleMan (MarvelMan  to all you Atlantic east-enders out there) comic series.

I remember reading about MiracleMan in Wizard magazine back at the turn of the millennium, but thanks to decades of legal wrangling over rights-- and the single issues and TPB collections being prohibitively expensive-- I never thought I'd be able to experience Alan Moore's most notable early work. But then I hit one of the local thrifts, and found myself the mother lode.

As of this posting, I'm halfway through the first TPB, and I'm already sensing a Watchmen vibe to it, with MiracleMan channeling Veidt/Ozymandias to a certain degree. BTW one of the later issues was controversial for explicit depictions of childbirth. I haven't gotten to this part yet, but I figure if I can handle the deplorable ultraviolence in Garth Ennis' Preacher comics, this upcoming scene should be a cake walk...

...right?
TurnAroundAndRun
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #861 on: January 18, 2019, 10:19:27 PM »

I am a big book reader. Currently reading The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. Got about 20 pages left, so I should knock that out tomorrow morning. Great book!

Praying something cool might happen
Azervux
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #862 on: January 20, 2019, 06:58:38 AM »

I am a big book reader. Currently reading The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. Got about 20 pages left, so I should knock that out tomorrow morning. Great book!

Coincidentally I just started reading that book, after recently finishing the first book from the Vorkosigan Saga.

TurnAroundAndRun
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #863 on: January 21, 2019, 09:53:06 AM »

Coincidentally I just started reading that book, after recently finishing the first book from the Vorkosigan Saga.

Awesome! I hope you enjoy it. I finished it over the weekend.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #864 on: January 25, 2019, 08:17:05 AM »

Working on Vol.24, of the Berserk Manga.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Azervux
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #865 on: January 25, 2019, 11:46:32 AM »

I was wondering, do you also read comics, since you read manga?

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #866 on: January 27, 2019, 07:45:46 AM »

Absolutely! Although, I don't keep up on much that is modern these days, I have a tremendous (to me) sized collection of back issues. Mostly Marvel stuff.

Azervux
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #867 on: January 27, 2019, 10:00:20 AM »

Absolutely! Although, I don't keep up on much that is modern these days, I have a tremendous (to me) sized collection of back issues. Mostly Marvel stuff.

Which marvel comics are your favourite?

TurnAroundAndRun
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #868 on: January 27, 2019, 08:31:45 PM »

Just started Stephen King's Doctor Sleep. It's a sequel to the Shining. Anyone here read it?

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #869 on: January 28, 2019, 08:24:10 AM »

Which marvel comics are your favourite?

Going to have to go with Uncanny X-Men, and Daredevil. Those are the largest runs of older marvel comics I own. I own every X-Men comic from 1980-1992, and same with Daredevil. I have like a 200+ issue run, from the 80's.

Just started Stephen King's Doctor Sleep. It's a sequel to the Shining. Anyone here read it?

I have had the hardcover on my shelf since it first came out. Still haven't read it. The Shining was and probably ios, my favourite Stephen King novel.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length