RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:59:43 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you reading right now 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 60 Print
Author Topic: What are you reading right now  (Read 246845 times)
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #135 on: June 18, 2006, 12:19:07 AM »

Well I finished the Sea of Swords last night and I don't have The Thousand Orcs.  SO I guess it's the Cleric's Quintet.  Or since yesterday I picked up The Spearwielders Tail I might start that.  Still havn't decided.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #136 on: June 18, 2006, 07:16:01 AM »

Tyn's right, the Quint is bleh. I couldn't even read 'em.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tan
« Reply #137 on: June 19, 2006, 10:38:47 AM »

i rather enjoyed the cleric quintet, it's not as good as any drizzt story especially thousand orcs, but it's very good, especially when Cadderly becomes very powerful.

and for dragonlance i'm super pumped about Dragons of the Dwarven Depths, it's good to have a story about the companions come to light after all these years.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #138 on: June 19, 2006, 11:38:12 AM »

I love the new avatar pic!!!!!

Tan
« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2006, 03:24:21 AM »

hehe, yeah i'm finally happy with this one, i've prob used a dozen over the years but i've never been quite happy with them, this one here is more in line with what i imagined he looks like, with a bit more human ruggedness than most of the others.

besides the TSR's i've been trying to plug away at the wheel of time series as well, started off really fast but as i got to the 6th or 7th book my interest sort of waned, it's hard to keep the excitement going in a series where every book is like 600 pages long, especially since the story has become fractured into several storylines that jump back and forth one chapter to the next.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2006, 05:05:14 AM »

Currently reading: The Great Gatsby, because I haven't, and a book on travel writing.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #141 on: July 06, 2006, 03:24:40 PM »

finally finished all the Chronicles of Narnia books. The 7th and last one was called The Last Battle. They were all pretty short, less than 250 pages each but while I enjoyed them I was ready to move on to something else.

I'm back on Star Trek now. I just finished a Star Trek TNG - X-men crossover called Planet X. It wasn't bad but would have been a good story without the X-men.

right now I'm reading the 1st Star Trek novel ever published. it's called "A Mission to Horatius". It's a young adult novel that came out on the Whitman label.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #142 on: July 07, 2006, 02:57:32 AM »

I think i am about 3/4ths of the way thru the second halo book.

I am going to read more now.
I only read now when i sleep at my house and there is nothing good on TV to fall asleep to.
So hardly ever....

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2006, 03:38:22 PM »

finished "A Mission to Horatius". not bad. not the same level of detail as other Trek novels but it was a young adult novel.

I've decided to move on to the Prydain Chronicles by Lloyd Alexander. Yeah I know, more kids books. Having seen the butchered Disney version of the Black Cauldron I've been curious about this series. The first book is called "The Book of Three". So far it's not bad but I keeping picturing and hearing the voices of the Disney characters in my head.

INVOK3R
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #144 on: July 12, 2006, 08:07:20 PM »

Currently reading Angels & Demons by Dan Brown.  Then its onto the next adventure by Dan Brown - The Da Vinci Code.  And then I'll go watch the movie.

Play in your world... Die in mine!
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2006, 12:13:27 AM »

Just watch the movie. It's better than the book.

INVOK3R
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #146 on: July 19, 2006, 02:09:49 PM »

See, I always get the book and then the movie comes out... so I go watch the movie... and then I can never go back to the book because I know what is going to happen (or so the way Hollywood sees it).

Play in your world... Die in mine!
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #147 on: July 26, 2006, 09:36:14 PM »

I'm reading Mary Doria Russell's Children Of God....it is the sequel to her amazing novel, The Sparrow......if you like Sci-Fi and Religion as topics in a great fictional novel, i highly recommend this series....you won't be dissappointed....

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #148 on: July 27, 2006, 10:07:34 AM »

RFG Forums

Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #149 on: August 16, 2006, 05:36:07 PM »

I'm going to read Warcraft War of the Ancients The Well of Eternity when I find the time.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 60 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length