RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:38:49 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you reading right now 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 60 Print
Author Topic: What are you reading right now  (Read 246133 times)
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #240 on: May 25, 2007, 02:49:40 PM »

dearly devoted dexter

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #241 on: May 25, 2007, 03:17:21 PM »

"The Audacity of Hope" by Barack Obama.

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #242 on: May 29, 2007, 11:53:18 PM »

Crest of the Stars by Hiroyuki Morioka

They finally translated this trilogy into English; however, it is exactly the same as the manga and anime series, so nothing new.  Of course I'm sorta working in reverse order because the novels came first.

it's thinking
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #243 on: May 30, 2007, 11:30:24 AM »

That douche was on Letterman last night. He's incredibly dull and full of bullshit. Letterman pwned him at one point where Obama was blathering about some faggotry or the other by randomly switching the subject to Obama's suit.

I see no hope for Obama to win the primaries and I thank God that this is what I see.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #244 on: May 30, 2007, 03:38:03 PM »

Letterman pwned him at one point where Obama was blathering about some faggotry or the other by randomly switching the subject to Obama's suit.
Great summary. Very detailed. Smiley

Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #245 on: May 31, 2007, 10:49:51 PM »

I've been trying to read "The Bell Jar" and "The Fountainhead" for like 3 years but I keep putting them down and forgetting what happened, so I have to restart it.

Non-novel wise, I'm reading the Death Note manga.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #246 on: June 03, 2007, 09:43:20 PM »

I am still trying to work thru the same book.

I am probably going to bring the book to work tonight and just pray that we arn't busy.
THat way i can finish it.

I really want to start the Mass Effect.
I picked it up a week or so ago.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #247 on: June 04, 2007, 10:47:32 AM »

That douche was on Letterman last night. He's incredibly dull and full of bullshit. Letterman pwned him at one point where Obama was blathering about some faggotry or the other by randomly switching the subject to Obama's suit.

I see no hope for Obama to win the primaries and I thank God that this is what I see.

So what you're saying is that if Hillary gets the democratic nomination, you'd be happy? Are you also saying you'd vote for Hillary for President?

Letterman pwned him at one point where Obama was blathering about some faggotry or the other by randomly switching the subject to Obama's suit.

Yeah. Can you be more specific Leon? I didn't see the Letterman interview.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #248 on: June 07, 2007, 02:51:42 PM »

still on Greg Iles. Just finished Spandau Phoenix and Footprints of God. Currently reading Black Cross.

two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #249 on: June 07, 2007, 11:00:43 PM »

my cousin told me to check out some greg ilse but still have not, den what is a good first read from him?

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #250 on: June 08, 2007, 12:21:54 PM »

So what you're saying is that if Hillary gets the democratic nomination, you'd be happy? Are you also saying you'd vote for Hillary for President?

Yeah. Can you be more specific Leon? I didn't see the Letterman interview.

I don't give a fuck who gets the Democratic nomination. Fuck Democrats, fuck Republicans, they are not the answer to this country's problems. We need new blood to wash clean the stagnant aristocratic piles of shit that occupy Washington right now.

This presidential race of '08 is already ridiculous. It's just a fucking show. We have the black guy, the woman, Giuliani who everyone loves. Might as well turn it into a TV show and we can just call in our votes after the candidates show us their prowess on the dance floor.

I really don't care who wins the election. At first I figured a democrat would win, because the public hates Bush, and since he's a Republican they would assume Democrats are the answer. Then, when the Democrats do nothing but make retarded policy, pull us out of Iraq, and raise taxes, it'll go back to the Republicans. Giuliani, however, will now win if he gets in. I don't know what he'll do as a pres but I think he'll destroy whoever he's running against.

I'd personally not be adverse to George W. becoming a dictator. That'd be sweet, and I'd join his secret police and we'd wear protect gear:

And it doesn't matter what Obama was talking about. He was going on and on about something, it was boring, the audience was falling asleep, and Letterman just cut Obama's blathering off and told him he had a nice suit.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #251 on: June 08, 2007, 03:46:46 PM »

Unfortunately, when it comes to elections these days it's a matter of voting for the lesser of the 2 evils. I agree that both parties suck elephant balls, but there isn't a 3rd political party on the rise and there isn't a viable independant candidate either.

So we're still going to be stuck in the 2 party system for a lonnnng time.

Further, the democratic party is really stupid if they think that they're going to win in an election against Giuliani (the likely Republican candidate) with the likes of Obama and Hillary opposing him. I like Obama better, but I don't think he really stands a chance. The only candidate that could be competition for Giuliani on the Democrats side is the one that's not running...Gore. Gore would likely win the election in a walk, but he's still on his global warming crusade.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #252 on: June 09, 2007, 09:19:49 AM »

Elephant and/or donkey balls Wink

Oh and Mass Effect is pretty awesome so far.

I am somewhere between 50-100 pages in.

I don't remember for certain where i stopped and i just realized i am not going to be reading it today since i left the book at work :-/

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #253 on: June 10, 2007, 05:47:10 PM »

Unfortunately, when it comes to elections these days it's a matter of voting for the lesser of the 2 evils. I agree that both parties suck elephant balls, but there isn't a 3rd political party on the rise and there isn't a viable independant candidate either.

So we're still going to be stuck in the 2 party system for a lonnnng time.

Further, the democratic party is really stupid if they think that they're going to win in an election against Giuliani (the likely Republican candidate) with the likes of Obama and Hillary opposing him. I like Obama better, but I don't think he really stands a chance. The only candidate that could be competition for Giuliani on the Democrats side is the one that's not running...Gore. Gore would likely win the election in a walk, but he's still on his global warming crusade.

I'd really find it hard to believe that Gore could win. I pray to God that he never ever steps foot back into politics.

Meanwhile, I'm reading some Heinlein: Stranger in A Strange Land

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #254 on: June 13, 2007, 06:23:42 AM »

60ish pages left in Mass Effect.

I heard rumors about a new Halo book being out but have seen nothing to confirm it :-/

I am probably going to burn thru some Christopher Pike books next.

I still need to get the last 2 books in the Doom series.
And i am going to hold off on reading the Illuminati books i have till i figure out how many i am missing from that series and if i can get them.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 60 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length