RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:54:28 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you listening to right now? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 145 Print
Author Topic: What are you listening to right now?  (Read 472390 times)
FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2070 on: January 08, 2016, 08:53:54 AM »

DUDE!!!  This is a great album and I haven't listened to it in a long time. True story: My wife and I traveled to San Francisco several years ago. We went in Amoeba Records around Haight/Ashbury and Grandaddy just happened to be doing a store performance. Smiley

That's a great story, talk about great luck. I just remember sitting behind a desk working and hearing AM180 come on the radio and thinking what a great song. Also catching the video on MTV2 of Summer Here Kids. That one scares my wife Smiley

« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 09:12:14 AM by FatherJack » Logged
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2071 on: January 08, 2016, 09:01:30 AM »

DUDE!!!  This is a great album and I haven't listened to it in a long time. True story: My wife and I traveled to San Francisco several years ago. We went in Amoeba Records around Haight/Ashbury and Grandaddy just happened to be doing a store performance. Smiley

That's a great story, talk about great luck. I just remember sitting behind a desk working and hearing AM180 come on the radio and thinking what a great song. Also catching the video on MTV2 of Summer Here Kids. That one scares my wife Smiley

When I went out to San Francisco that year, I was really getting into The Handsome Family and went to Amoeba to find some CDs. I remember buying "Through the Trees" and "Milk and Scissors."

What to hear a scary song?

The guy my wife and I stayed with is an old friend of hers from high school and a big audiophile as well. I came out of that trip with some great pickups like Joanna Newsom's "Milk-eyed Mender" and much greater appreciation for The Replacements and Billy Bragg.  Funny and cool how you can associate music with certain events in your life.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2072 on: January 08, 2016, 09:15:53 AM »

Funny and cool how you can associate music with certain events in your life.
Very true, funny how hearing a band or song takes you back to some distant past.

Well mate, you have a very good and varied taste in music and thats how I like it. From 80s Electro pop to System of a Down. It's was my aim and still is with my kids to have a varied music taste, love your modern stuff but appreciate the old stuff. It's great hearing your son listen to Bob Dylan or Pink Floyd. One of my daughters favourite song at the moment is That Was Yesterday by Foreigner Smiley
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2073 on: January 08, 2016, 09:22:52 AM »

Yeah, my kids are on a big David Bowie kick right now. My daughter's favorite song is Billy Bragg's "New England" and both kids really like Of Monsters and Men.  Now.......If I could just keep them out of their mother's car.........

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2074 on: January 08, 2016, 09:25:46 AM »

The wonderful Neil Hannon under the name The Divine Comedy.

FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2075 on: January 08, 2016, 09:27:11 AM »

Yeah, my kids are on a big David Bowie kick right now. My daughter's favorite song is Billy Bragg's "New England" and both kids really like Of Monsters and Men.  Now.......If I could just keep them out of their mother's car.........
Good man, you have them into retro gaming, good music and try to keep them away from the wife's music. And the award for Father of the Year goes to ..........
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2076 on: January 08, 2016, 09:32:20 AM »

Yeah, my kids are on a big David Bowie kick right now. My daughter's favorite song is Billy Bragg's "New England" and both kids really like Of Monsters and Men.  Now.......If I could just keep them out of their mother's car.........
Good man, you have them into retro gaming, good music and try to keep them away from the wife's music. And the award for Father of the Year goes to ..........

It's so odd. My wife was into Fugazi and The Decedents when I met her. Then she moved into an apartment with other girls in college and it became all about the N'Sync........ ugh
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 09:51:05 AM by singlebanana » Logged

FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2077 on: January 08, 2016, 09:45:43 AM »

It's so odd. My wife was into Fugazi and The Decedents when I met her. Then she moved into an apartment with other girls in college........

Tell your wife that I'm so sorry for her loss. Grin

At least mine is still a big Doors fan.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2078 on: January 08, 2016, 10:50:21 PM »

I was recently introduced to Tame Impala with this song...

...and I've been gradually digging into-- and enjoying-- their discography ever since.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2079 on: January 08, 2016, 11:29:45 PM »

Oh yeah Zag, they are great!

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2080 on: January 11, 2016, 10:26:33 PM »

never listened to much David Bowie other than a few songs before today, but today is a better day than any to listen to this playlist:

FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2081 on: January 12, 2016, 06:36:36 AM »

never listened to much David Bowie other than a few songs before today, but today is a better day than any to listen to this playlist:

I think with all those different images and sounds, there will be one or two songs that everyone will like.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2082 on: January 18, 2016, 09:34:23 PM »

Glenn Frey of the Eagles and the Miami Vice (TV show) soundtrack tops off the initial celebrity-dirt-nap trifecta of 2016, saddening anyone not named Jeff Bridges. He may have belonged to the city, but when the heat was on, he was singin' the smuggler's blues. I can't tell you why, but just can't take it easy over his passing, 'cuz I really wanted to see him in concert one of these nights. When he performed, he really knew how to take it to the limit, lemme tell ya.

FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2083 on: January 21, 2016, 04:36:03 AM »

Icelandic singer Björk and her former group before she embarked on her solo career.

I remember getting a Disk drive for my C64 at Xmas and so spent the holidays in my room using it and the song Hit kept coming on the radio and I fell in love with the band and Björk.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 04:37:56 AM by FatherJack » Logged
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2084 on: April 01, 2016, 11:23:58 PM »

As you probably know, I'm a YUUUUGE fan of the WWE. It's true! It really is. I even took a few shots at the company's head honcho a few years back... literally:

ANYway, I'd like to share with you the GREATEST WWE entrance themes of all time. OF ALL TIME-- whoah, I'm channeling Kanye West all of a sudden.

So, without further ado:

Damn straight, D'Lo: The_8-Bit_Donald IS the real deal! And victory is the sweetest!

Preach on, Teddy: EVERYBODY has a price. It's true! It's true...

That's right, I AM THE MOTHERF*CKING GAME, YOU INSIGNIFICANT LITTLE PISSANTS! F*CK OFF!!!

Whew, that was quite the adrenaline rush. It's true!

Time to top things off with my favorite entrance theme-- it's the greatest of all time, it really is. You know it, I know it:

fappery

WHATCHA GONNA DO, BROTHER, WHEN 8-BIT-DONALDMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU?!
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 145 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length