RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 12:54:31 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Just Ordered Princess Rescue for the A2600 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Just Ordered Princess Rescue for the A2600  (Read 2135 times)
A8scooter
CD-i

WWW Stats
« on: June 01, 2013, 11:41:04 AM »

Its a good looking game for the 2600 with a strong Mario Bros 1 feel . I watched the videos on youtube and i got hooked on it.  16 levels will lead you to the final boss. The cart and manual package ran me 30.00 but it looks to be a good quality. Did anyone else on here order this or seen any videos of this game?

Currently looking for :

Atari 8 bit
+ game cartridges ( all brands and most titles )
+ Prototype and Demo cartridges
+ manuals and boxes
+ Atari 130XE system, and any system boxes outside of the Atari 400 system.
Check out my Atari 8-Bit Museum Site at:
[url]http://www.a8museum.com[
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 12:10:05 PM »

I've watched a video of it, and it's pretty good for a 2600 title. I'm not a big Atari collector, so I won't buy it, but would be interested to hear thoughts once folks have played it.

A8scooter
CD-i

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 12:56:02 PM »

Well Even though I don't collect for the 2600 I look for home brews that have good subject matter. Even though other good titles have come out including halo2600 this one screams a winner. Last time I was so excited for an Atari 2600 title it was pole position

Currently looking for :

Atari 8 bit
+ game cartridges ( all brands and most titles )
+ Prototype and Demo cartridges
+ manuals and boxes
+ Atari 130XE system, and any system boxes outside of the Atari 400 system.
Check out my Atari 8-Bit Museum Site at:
[url]http://www.a8museum.com[
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 01:10:08 PM »

I agree, some homebrews are great. I like Sinistar and Tempest for the 5200.

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 09:56:30 PM »

Well Even though I don't collect for the 2600 I look for home brews that have good subject matter. Even though other good titles have come out including halo2600 this one screams a winner. Last time I was so excited for an Atari 2600 title it was pole position

I definitely enjoy Halo 2600.  Very glad i picked it up, lots of fun.

Keelah se'lai
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 10:03:55 PM »

I wish I had picked up Halo 2600 at CGE 2010 just so I could sell it now. The price of that thing has gotten pretty high.

I've learned my lesson though. By limited release carts at expos. Even if I'm not that into it.

Ze_ro
Donor
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 09:54:04 PM »

It's an impressive job, and about as close as the 2600 could ever do to Super Mario Bros... but frankly, it doesn't look very fun. Just a pale shadow of what you COULD be playing.

There are much better homebrews out there for the 2600, like Qb and Thrust+... Yeah, they're both ports of games on other systems too, but they're much better suited to the 2600 than SMB. If you want an original homebrew experience, Toyshop Trouble was another that was extremely well done.

--Zero
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length