RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 08:39:27 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | adding more when first submitting game/hardware 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: adding more when first submitting game/hardware  (Read 1987 times)
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« on: June 05, 2013, 06:12:06 AM »

Would it be possible when the site is updated again, if we could have a way to upload a photo when submitting a new game/hardware. Why cant you add all the info on a new submit, there is some stuff you have to wait until its aproved... makes for a messy desk when I have to wait  a week sometimes to get new stuff approved.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 09:37:41 AM »

That is a good idea.

I approved all your hardware submissions so you can submit your pictures.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 12:07:18 PM »

i'd really like that too.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 02:53:23 PM »

I'd love to do this, but the logistics behind it are a bit crazy with how the site is built. I'm working on a dev task (albeit slowly right now due to the large amount of things going on for me) that will essentially mimic this when moving items in the database, so after that it'll just be getting it hooked up on the UI for the Game Addition/Edit page.

ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 12:44:13 AM »

I'd like to have all the fields available when making a submission, I've been adding some multisystem controllers and the like lately and it's a PITA to have to add them and then go back and edit in the console IDs.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=ApolloBoy[/img]
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 08:20:25 AM »

I think having all the fields available on new entries would scare a lot of new people away from submitting. I think that's one of the reasons it was originally setup to have just the necessary fields. So inexperienced submitters could feel like they had done something without being overwhelmed and then a more experienced submitter could come along later and fill in the rest.
With that said, I think it would be awesome if there was a check box at the top of the submission page for "show detailed submission page" so anyone could check that and all the fields would then be available to them. It would take an extra half-second, but we wouldn't have to worry about a massive page scaring anyone away.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 05:00:02 PM »

I think having all the fields available on new entries would scare a lot of new people away from submitting. I think that's one of the reasons it was originally setup to have just the necessary fields. So inexperienced submitters could feel like they had done something without being overwhelmed and then a more experienced submitter could come along later and fill in the rest.
With that said, I think it would be awesome if there was a check box at the top of the submission page for "show detailed submission page" so anyone could check that and all the fields would then be available to them. It would take an extra half-second, but we wouldn't have to worry about a massive page scaring anyone away.

halfway through your post i was going to suggest something to switch between a simple and advanced submission interface, but you beat me to it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length