RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:44:06 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Playstation Plus (PS+) Discussion Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23 Print
Author Topic: Playstation Plus (PS+) Discussion Thread  (Read 142846 times)
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #135 on: November 05, 2014, 08:38:22 AM »

November's games are now live.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2014, 01:46:59 PM »

Sony has announced a few of the PS4 games that will be available on PS+ in December and January.

http://blog.us.playstatio...up-for-dec-jan/#sf5590903

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2014, 02:08:37 PM »

Awesome, I've been trying to hunt down a cheap copy of Injustice for a while now.  Free is even better  Smiley

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2014, 12:25:48 PM »

I had a chance over the weekend to try both Luftrausers and Binding Of Isaac Rebirth. I must say, I think I'm just not into what is currently going on in the indie game scene, and I feel like people (both mainstream and amateur) rave about all of them, all the time. It was cool, for example, to be able to try Binding of Isaac because every podcast I listen to is talking about it right now. I just didn't like it. Luftrausers was all the rage a few months ago. Again, it's cool to see what all the hub-bub was all about but I...don't see what the hub-bub was all about.

I've just been thinking about this a lot. Many of the games on PS+, especially on the Vita, are these kinds of indie games. I'm just realizing now how few of them I actually like. I didn't care for Braid, I didn't care for Fez, I liked Limbo but not nearly as much as some people. Same with Hotline Miami. I have Spelunky on my Vita but I have almost have a bias against it already because of how some people treat it as the second coming.

Not to derail my own thread, but we're at least a week out from December's preview being announced. What say you about the hyperbolic over-ratedness of every single damned indie game that comes out?

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2014, 12:40:55 PM »

They tend to have their 2 weeks of fame and die off fairly quickly. Most of them just don't have the content for replay, and burn out fairly quickly.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #140 on: November 17, 2014, 12:56:49 PM »

I gotta agree about not being into the whole indie scene.  I haven't played a lot of them, but just about any that I have played I just couldn't get into.  And most of them don't look interesting enough for me to try them.  Even as much as people rave about Shovel Knight, I still have very little interest in it.

The PS+ offerings for the last few months have been very disappointing for me personally since they have largely consisted of indie games.  What happened to all of those awesome AAA games they were giving out?  I don't even know what types of games Luftrausers and Binding of Isaac are, but like you said, I just have a bias against them already just because none of these indie games have captured my interest in the past.  The only exception that comes to mind is FTL.  I've yet to play it, but I do want to try it sometime soon.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to hate on indie games.  Game development has become a big and costly industry, and I think it's great that indie developers have an avenue for creating and distributing their games, and I also think it's great that there is a market for these types of games.  They're just not for me.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #141 on: November 17, 2014, 04:14:15 PM »

Lately, I was discussing this with a good friend of mine who is pretty ticked that PS+ and GwG games have been mostly indie titles.  I defended them at first... and then realized that for most of them, I also play briefly and then lose interest.  Although I have to admit a few hours with Luftrausers was much more enjoyable than the entire campaign and mp of the new Call of Duty, IMHO.

There are always exceptions, naturally.  But it has felt for some time that PS+/GwG get filler-type titles instead of something I'd play for awhile.

It's also kept me from buying pretty much anything digital; the last three times I made a purchase, the same game went free before I sunk any real time into it.

Keelah se'lai
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #142 on: November 17, 2014, 04:52:01 PM »

There have been a lot of duds in the recent PS+ releases, but I'm happy to have the subscription. It's nice that I was able to get Metrico and Muramasa for free on my Vita, and Tomb Raider on my PS3. Having to pay the $50 annually kind of sucks, but the amount of free games I've downloaded has justified the subscription fee.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2014, 10:47:38 AM »

I have to redact what I said about Luftrausers. I put a little more time into it on both my Vita and PS3 and I actually really like it, though it is really only intensely fun in short bursts.

I'm also playing Sly Cooper Thieves in Time which was a PS+ title a few months ago. I'm playing on the Vita so far, but the game is so good that I may download it to PS3 as well and utilize the cross-save feature.

CAWZY
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #144 on: November 21, 2014, 09:19:54 AM »

Ok, I have a couple potentially stupid questions.  I have not stepped into the PS plus realm, and I have only been really into my PS3 for about a year.  The free games sound really cool, and I like the deals that I see on the Playstation store.  My questions are:
Do you get to keep the free games if you leave Playstation plus?
What else do you get with PS plus besides free games and store discounts?
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #145 on: November 21, 2014, 09:30:15 AM »

Not stupid questions at all!

Do you get to keep the free games if you leave Playstation plus?

No. You lose access to them if you leave, but you will regain access to your entire queue if you renew, even if there is a gap in time.

What else do you get with PS plus besides free games and store discounts?

Multiplayer for PS4. Multiplayer at this time is still free for PS3.

CAWZY
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #146 on: November 21, 2014, 08:06:37 PM »

Cool!  Thank you.  I have been considering a PS+ subscription.  I think I might wait until I get my PS4, though.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #147 on: November 21, 2014, 09:43:23 PM »

You won't regret a PS+ subscription. I was on the fence for a long time but I'm so happy I made the decision to get it. Even without your PS4 you'll find loads of value in PS+. If there are free games for it that you want you can always leave them in your download queue to wait until you bring home your new console.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #148 on: November 27, 2014, 09:04:10 AM »

December's preview is here:

http://blog.us.playstatio...cembers-free-game-lineup/

DEADLY PREMONITION DIRECTORS CUT. GET IT.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2014, 09:39:46 AM »

December's games are now live!

store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/free-games/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PSPLUSFREEGAMES

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length