RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:11:35 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Arizona RF Generation residents 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Arizona RF Generation residents  (Read 7251 times)
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« on: July 05, 2013, 10:16:24 AM »

My wife and I have the ability to transfer to the Phoenix area for her job as she works with a major hospital system that is in the area. I have questions that maybe some Arizona residents could help answer.

I have great interest in working in the alternative energy field and Arizona appears to be a state that is very into solar am I correct? Are any of these power plants close to Phoenix?

I've been looking at housing in the area and I am wondering what areas I should stay away from.

I'm sure Ill eventually think of more.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 11:16:16 AM »

There are a lot of solar companies around. How the job field is for those I couldn't tell you. The is the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station here also. What hospital is she looking to transfer to? If you need a realtor fo rout here let me know. The guy I used to sell one of my houses and buy my current house is a nice guy.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 01:49:35 PM »

Sunscreen and shorts.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 03:54:00 PM »

Sunscreen and shorts.

Sunglasses also.

Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 07:16:30 AM »

There are a lot of solar companies around. How the job field is for those I couldn't tell you. The is the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station here also. What hospital is she looking to transfer to? If you need a realtor fo rout here let me know. The guy I used to sell one of my houses and buy my current house is a nice guy.

Yeah the solar energy field is a dream job for me. The reality of it is my companies headquarters (U-haul) is also in Phoenix and I would likely find a job there. My wife would be transferring to Mayo. I'm not sure if we would buy or rent right away but I'll keep the realtor in mind since I know absolutely nobody down there.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 11:41:53 AM »

Yeah the solar energy field is a dream job for me. The reality of it is my companies headquarters (U-haul) is also in Phoenix and I would likely find a job there. My wife would be transferring to Mayo. I'm not sure if we would buy or rent right away but I'll keep the realtor in mind since I know absolutely nobody down there.

Mayo in Scottsdale is 15-20 minutes from my house. I think my realtor can help you find a house to rent also unless you are looking at apartments.

Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 07:57:38 PM »

Mayo in Scottsdale is 15-20 minutes from my house. I think my realtor can help you find a house to rent also unless you are looking at apartments.

It would be cool to have a local RF Gener for once. We would likely look for a place that is close to Mayo so probably in the Scottsdale area. I am sold on the idea and am ready to move whenever but my wife isn't as receptive to the idea of a new adventure as I am.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 08:02:10 PM »

Tyns part of AZ is awesome. I certainly wouldn't mind living there.
Hopefully everything pans out for you guys.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 10:01:45 AM »

It would be cool to have a local RF Gener for once. We would likely look for a place that is close to Mayo so probably in the Scottsdale area. I am sold on the idea and am ready to move whenever but my wife isn't as receptive to the idea of a new adventure as I am.

If you need a place to stay while looking for a place I can ask the wife it that would be OK. But be warned I have 5 dogs, 4 birds and a cat.

Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 09:21:42 PM »

My wife has decided that she doesn't want to transfer at this time. Although it's still not out of the question.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 10:04:41 AM »

Booooo!

Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 04:39:59 PM »

I thought that I would bump this as we are once again looking into Phoenix. My wife is finally ready for something new (I've been ready for years). A few questions. What does your water bill run? How about electric in summer? Having never lived in a large city where could we live that would be a reasonable commute to Mayo? Say about 30 min or less.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 12:40:04 AM »

Water bill really depends on what is in your yard and if you have a pool. Electric bill REALLY REALLY REALLY depends on the house size. Two floors vs one. Do you have a pool. How old is the A/C are the windows newer. Vaulted ceilings. Mayo in Scottsdale? Really depends on budget. You could be close but need lots of money for a house in Scottsdale. You could also be in North Phoenix for a good price. A year ago would of been a much better time to buy here. Houses have been going up steadily for a few years now. I bought my house 4 year ago in April and it has almost doubled in value.

If you want to call to ask me anything let me know. I have a realtor that I like I could refer you to.

Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 10:38:20 AM »

I saw that the home prices are crazy! At least they are compared to my hometown. We will probably rent for a year to get a feel for the area. The places we have been looking at renting are part of an HOA so the pool isn't really a concern. We aren't looking to have any plants to water until we own a home again. We are leaving the Midwest behind and never plan on having grass down there to water or care for. My wife might also possibly be working at the Mayo Arrowhead campus, it really depends on which one she can find work at first. 

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 01:12:01 PM »

I'm fairly certain that you get a discount for having a desert-friendly yard (i.e. zero-scaping). Living in a two-story house myself, the electricity bill definitely depends on whether or not you have a 2-story place, and whether or not it has multiple AC units (to compensate for the top-floor cooling). The difference in having 1 AC unit for downstairs vs 2 AC units for upstairs and downstairs is staggering (~$200/mo difference).

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:15:11 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length