RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:04:49 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | September Community Playthrough - Disney Revisited 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: September Community Playthrough - Disney Revisited  (Read 11299 times)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« on: August 26, 2013, 11:05:32 PM »

As promised, September will feature a couple modern games. This month we've got a couple shorties but goodies.

Join RFGen in playing DuckTales Remastered and Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse!

Platforms
Steam
Wii U eShop
XBLA
PSN
PS3
NES (original)
Genesis (original)

Checkpoints

Achievements
DT1: The Duck Who Would Be King                    C1: World of Illusion
DT2: Work Smarter Not Harder                          C2: Quackshot
DT3: Sink or Swim                                             C3: Masters of Illusions*
DT4: It's A Duck Blur                                         C4: Castle Decor
DT5: Look Ma, No Spats!                                    C5: Masters of Illusion
DT6: Healthy Appetite                                        C6: Pretty Picture
DT7: Score to Settle                                           C7: Fortune Hunter
DT8: Extravagant Housewares                            C8: Money Bags
DT9: A Few Gears Loose                                     C9: Disillusioned*
DT10: Superstitious Hocus Pocus                        C10: Superbounce*
DT11: Garbage Collector                                     C11: Illusion Breaker*
DT12: Any Crash You Can Walk Away From         C12: Tick Tock
DT13: Where No Duck Has Gone Before               C13: Play the original Genesis game
DT14: Bless Me Bagpipes                                      C14: Collect all seven gems (see here)
DT15: Pogo A Go Go
DT16: Luck o' the Ducks
DT17: Art Aficionado
DT18: The Duck Who Would Be King
DT19: Tougher than the Toughies
DT20: Connoisseur of the Arts
DT21: Play the original NES game

DTN1: Defeat all 5 bosses and collect their treasure
DTN2: Earn a full life bar (5 slots)
DTN3: Pass statue guardian without paying his fee (Amazon)
DTN4: Find the 2 hidden treasures
DTN5: Rescue Bubba
DTN6: Defeat Dracula Duck
DTN7: Collect over $8M in total treasure

Player List
Addicted
Fleach
GrayGhost81
SilentScythe
singlebanana(NES)

Updates
Aug 26: The original NES and Genesis versions of DuckTales and Castle of Illusion are acceptable formats for the Playthrough. They even tie in with a certain achievement.  Wink
Aug 27: Help Hungrymoose get the physical DuckTales Remastered! PM him if you'd like to buy his download code.
Sept 6: Castle of Illusion (Gen) achievements are the ones marked with an asterisks (*). Thanks Addicted!
Sept 18: DuckTales Remastered is getting an actual physical release (on a disc!) on November 12. Now Crabby can play too.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 06:33:04 PM by Fleach » Logged

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 06:58:34 PM »

I'm in for the original NES version of Duck Tales. Haven't played through that one in a long time and it'll take like half an hour anyway!

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 11:13:41 AM »

I'll be in, for real this time!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 01:03:06 PM »

Excellent, I'll do DuckTales NES and Castle of Illusion. There are a few possible achievements on the NES version of DT that I could suggest if you're interested, since I have played it a lot. Also, if anyone has a copy of DuckTales 2, I'd be down for running through that with them too.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 02:24:24 PM »

I can do Duck Tales 2 through emulation if other people do it.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 06:14:06 AM »

Started playing through the remake of Castle of Illusion. Made it to the library and stopped.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 08:27:36 PM »

I hope everyone noticed that the original versions of these games are acceptable for the playthrough as well.

This weekend I'm going to give DuckTales a try. I'm excited to play my first HD remake game.

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 10:34:15 PM »

I can def do the original ducktales play through. I still need to buy a copy of castle of illusion for my sega

Now your playing with power!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 07:46:11 AM »

I hope everyone noticed that the original versions of these games are acceptable for the playthrough as well.

This weekend I'm going to give DuckTales a try. I'm excited to play my first HD remake game.

I'd love to play that remake and I really hope that it becomes available for download on the Wii at some point.....not banking on it.  I'm going to try and run through DuckTales (NES) this weekend and hopefully get a start on Castle of Illusion soon. Any achievements set for the latter?  I'd come up with some, but I've never played it.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 09:53:25 AM »

Does anyone else sing a Long when they get to the moon stage to Brental Floss. "Duckssss,Ducks in Outer Space.... " ha

Now your playing with power!
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 10:38:27 AM »

I'd love to play that remake and I really hope that it becomes available for download on the Wii at some point.....not banking on it.  I'm going to try and run through DuckTales (NES) this weekend and hopefully get a start on Castle of Illusion soon. Any achievements set for the latter?  I'd come up with some, but I've never played it.

I have Castle of Illusion for my SMS/Genesis/GameGear, but I've never played it. Do the Remake achievements not mix with the SMS/Genesis/GameGear versions?  Grin

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 11:13:31 AM »

@Shadow & singlebanana: I know most of them don't mix, but I haven't finished the game yet. For example the achievement C12: Tick Tock refers to beating the time trial on a level. That feature isn't available on the original versions.

Below is a breakdown of the achievements for the remake. I have marked the ones that should apply to the Original Versions:

World of Illusion   40
Collected all the Magic Playing Cards.   

Quackshot   40
Collected all of Donald's Chili Peppers.   

*   Masters of Illusions   80
Defeated Mizrabel and rescued Minnie.   

Castle Decor   20
Completed a Castle Statue.   

Masters of Illusion   40
Completed all Castle Statues.   

Pretty Picture   20
Unlocked a Castle Painting.   

Fortune Hunter   20
Found 50% of all Magic Diamonds.    (There are 800 Magic Diamonds in the remake. No counter in the old versions)

Money Bags   40
Found all the Magic Diamonds.   

*   Disillusioned   20
Broke the illusion of 75 enemies.    (AKA Defeat 75 enemies)

*   Superbounce   40
Bounced on 7 enemies in a row without touching the ground   

*   Illusion Breaker   20
Broke the illusion of 25 enemies with projectiles.    (AKA Defeat 25 enemies with projectiles(

Tick Tock   20
Completed a stage in Time Attack mode.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 11:27:17 AM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 11:27:56 AM »

Wow, that's a great help for those of us who are playing the Genesis version. Thank you.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 04:01:34 PM »

@Addicted Thanks for those! I'll add them to the main post.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 08:05:12 AM »

@Fleach & singlebanana: You're welcome. I would also suggest adding in achievements for each of the seven gems needed to reach the final boss.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length