RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:58:44 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | Unseen cover DMC2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Unseen cover DMC2  (Read 2709 times)
Zouseap
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« on: September 12, 2013, 08:58:34 AM »

Well, as some of you know, living in Japan, and get this DMC2 for PS2...game is normal but came with a cover which I cannot find in Internet at all. Also with the NOT FOR SALE in one side....Any idea?

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 09:08:18 AM »

It shows Dante on the front, Lucia on the back. If I had to guess, I'm thinking Press Kit or a Limited Edition I'm not aware of. I'll do a bit more research.

For reference, here's the Limited Edition of Devil May Cry 2 from Europe - looks similar.

Zouseap
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 09:24:46 AM »

Yeah thats the Diesel Limited Edition...But in this case the game is simply normal...Just the Outside cover.
I was thinking as you, maybe a non comercial copy or promotion one... Also the box inside dont have the classical space to attach the Memory card...
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 09:37:21 AM »

Not for Sale typically indicates that it's promotional or part of a bundle/set. Unfortunately, there's no Part # to help identify the box itself, but I can't help but think this is part of a set with the way the box is printed. Unfortunately, I can't find anything about it either - I knew about the EU Limited Edition because the pictures circulating around the net are from a well-known European PS2 collector.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 09:42:28 AM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Zouseap
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 09:41:58 AM »

Its rare for sure...In the box indicate NOT FOR SALE, but the game itself have the Code of the normal game..slpm 65232-3. So looks like only the cover was made for some kind of not commercial purpose...Press maybe, Present for some People *executives*...
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 09:42:21 AM »

Right - sorry, ninja-edited under you.

Maybe you could try contacting Capcom directly on their Twitter account or email? Capcom has a fairly decent response when it comes to their online community. They may not know, but it's certainly not something that comes up often. Either that, or ask some of the Devil May Cry communities about it (though they seem to be lacking in knowledge of the EU Limited Edition as well).

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 10:09:05 PM »

If it's a press kit or employee gift version, I'm guess that makes pretty collectible. Stuff that was never officially put into public circulation like that tends to be really desirable. 

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length