RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:37:16 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | divx 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: divx  (Read 2951 times)
shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« on: June 21, 2004, 07:48:34 PM »

i need help with this one, it looks so simple and all but i must be having a brain fart.  sucks.  how the hell do i get this thing to work?  any help would be great.
thanks
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 01:14:50 AM »

To play divx, you'll need to install a divx codec.  The defiler pack is pretty good http://hellninjacommando.com/defilerpak/
2D-Forever
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 08:07:23 AM »

It all depends on the codecs your using and the movies your playing.  I haven't tried the defiler pack, but I use Nemo codec pack 8
Koepii's Xvid codec
and ya might have to search around if your movie has something special to it like Ogg Vorbis (the bastards)

-God gave us memories so we could languish in dispair.
-Once delayed, Twice dismayed.  SNK
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 08:55:06 AM »

www.doom9.net has pretty much every codec you could ever need.

shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 02:11:14 PM »

ok, i must really be  a dumbass then.  i had DL'd a divx player (i guess)  cause i have an .asf file that i want to burn and make a vcd.  after reading the description for divX i thought that it was some sort of converter that would allow me to make .asf into a file that could then be made into a vcd.
lol     follow that at all?

thanks for everyones help
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 12:42:22 AM »

To burn a movie as a VCD, it needs to be MPEG, and it needs to be in a certain resolution.  You can get a video file format converter to change the .asx file you have to .mpg.

DivX is just a video file...  a mode of encoding compressed video.  Usually DivX video files are .avi's, but some are .divx.  To play a video that has been ENcoded using DivX, you need the codec installed for use by your video player, so it can DEcode the movie and play it.  Usually, when you install a DivX codec pack, it will allow you to both encode and decode DivX files.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length