RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:37:14 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | October Modern Community Playthrough - Fragile Dreams 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: October Modern Community Playthrough - Fragile Dreams  (Read 22720 times)
ericeskapade
DB Contributor
Germany

Stats
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2013, 01:12:44 PM »

got this game 1 year ago, because of the interesting reviews in magazines... i think this is the right time, to do my first playthrough...put me in Smiley
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 01:15:54 PM by ericeskapade » Logged
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2013, 03:45:53 PM »

I will try and find a copy of the game and do a playthrough also.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2013, 03:53:18 PM »

Ok just bought it on Ebay so Sign me up ill have it by oct 1st

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2013, 03:59:28 PM »

Awesome guys, welcome aboard!

I gussied up the original post a little but with a few vids and slightly more detailed description of the game.

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2013, 04:13:42 PM »

Johny Young Bosch is the voice of Seto. The Black Power Ranger
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2013, 05:16:36 PM »

I added the first checkpoint.

Please bear with me. I don't have the game yet (ordered on Amazon and expected delivery is Monday).

What I'm hoping to do is play the game slightly ahead of everyone and add checkpoints as we go using some existing walkthroughs as a rough guide.

The thing is, as much as I want to map this game out completely for you all (like Banana did with CII), I also have been really wanting to experience this game with all its dramatic glory without spoiling it for myself.

So like I said, just bear with me, and let's use this thread to experience this game together as a true "community." And I'll do my best to bang out the weekly checkpoints as we go.

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2013, 05:37:01 PM »

I hope you guys do  Lost in Shadow at some point. I find it a very good game with some rough edges. Goes on a little to long but a very fun game.  Is it Ico inspired? Maybe..is it an ico ripoff. No.

Lost in Shadow is the reason I look forward to Rain on PS3
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2013, 08:27:47 AM »

Please note the first checkpoint has been revised.

I still don't have my copy of the game (hoping to have it today or tomorrow the latest), but SingleBanana started the game over the weekend and was nice enough to help out by providing what he assures will be a good first checkpoint.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2013, 08:35:15 AM »

Yeah, the run time on this game is 12-15 hours. I played a little over 3 hours to get to this checkpoint (with some thorough exploring), so that should be about right. You'll also want to do some good exploring to find "memory items," which really help with the story of the game. I also timed out a walkthrough on YouTube up to where I am and it is about the same.

I'm not going to spoil anything, but I'll just say that you'll get a little emotionally bound to the game, which is nice. The game is pretty eerie and has some great survival horror elements. Sounds through the Wii remote are pretty creepy.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
ericeskapade
DB Contributor
Germany

Stats
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2013, 02:25:34 PM »

having nearly the 1st october (european time-advantage Wink ) and having some time to kill, before watching NFL & the MLB Wild-Card tie-game live i think i'll fire up my Wii the next minutes for the first checkpoint...c u / read u!
ericeskapade
DB Contributor
Germany

Stats
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2013, 07:24:18 PM »

got my first 3 hours: the setting itself, the exploring and the "anime cutscenes" are very nice, on the downside the controls (especially the fighting) is a bit uncomfortable. But i am not used to the Wii Remote. how this got PEGI 7 ?! it's not horror, but it's the same uneased feeling, that makes me let the Resident Evils and Silent Hills stay untouched in the collection...i like more unicorns, rainbows and sun in games... with nothing to fear Wink 
Have fun with your beginnings ! i am interested which levels you have at checkpoint one?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 07:25:52 PM by ericeskapade » Logged
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2013, 08:12:42 PM »

Alright! Looks like we're off and running. My copy of the game showed up today and I have tomorrow afternoon cleared to plow through to the first checkpoint.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2013, 11:09:42 PM »

I started playing. My initial impressions are that the characters are cute looking and the story has potential. Seto is very melodramatic but this an anime-style game so I can't complain. The controls, though, are going to take some getting used to.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2013, 08:52:21 AM »

got my first 3 hours: the setting itself, the exploring and the "anime cutscenes" are very nice, on the downside the controls (especially the fighting) is a bit uncomfortable. But i am not used to the Wii Remote. how this got PEGI 7 ?! it's not horror, but it's the same uneased feeling, that makes me let the Resident Evils and Silent Hills stay untouched in the collection...i like more unicorns, rainbows and sun in games... with nothing to fear Wink 
Have fun with your beginnings ! i am interested which levels you have at checkpoint one?

I'll be sure to look at my level tonight, but I'm pretty sure that I'm around level 12 or 14 at this point. Yeah, the controls take some getting use to, but you be happy to know that you will be able to increase your hit range a little later.

Spoiler (hover to show)

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
ericeskapade
DB Contributor
Germany

Stats
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2013, 12:21:22 PM »

i was level 10... but i rushed the undergound mall, not wanting to fight so much. but maybe i backtrack a little bit, now that i have the checkpoint (PF screw) and feel safe. DO YOU GUYS PLAY WITH THE SOUND WAVES "ON" in THE MAP OR "OFF"? This Speaker-Wii-Remote thing is a nice gimmick of the game.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length