RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:03:50 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | October Modern Community Playthrough - Fragile Dreams 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: October Modern Community Playthrough - Fragile Dreams  (Read 22703 times)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2013, 10:48:13 PM »

I'm behind but not that far away from where I should be. I just made my way to the hotel. The way things are going I'll be nipping at everyone's heels just slightly behind them.

Crow was an interesting character, but he had many annoying moments when he taunted you. Personal opinion here, but a game shouldn't annoy players.

These aren't complaints, just things I thought the game could have done differently.

EDIT

Might just be me, but this game doesn't control as nicely using the Wii Remote on the Wii U game pad. Left accurate maybe?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 10:53:42 PM by Fleach » Logged

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2013, 05:42:54 AM »

Fleach, don't worry, You'll catch up if you put in a few solid sessions.

I finished the game last night. I have a solid checkpoint for week four that will come this weekend. I don't think I got all 50 memory items but I certainly wasn't trying.

For an action-JRPG with motion controls this game was actually solid as hell. Yes, there were moments where I got frustrated but they were minimal.

Enjoy the rest of the game everyone. There are some really cool moments coming up.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2013, 07:38:57 AM »

I agree Fleach, the Crow character was interesting, but that part of the story (i.e. the chase) was rather long, drawn out and boring. The rollercoaster was a neat idea, but the controls made that area more difficult than it should have been.  Still trying to figure out what these masked bosses are, but I guess that may come with time.

Overall, I think the controls are pretty decent. I do get tangled up on a few occasions, but I quickly right myself. Still have not started on part 3...... this has been a crazy few weeks for me, but I will finish.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2013, 07:51:51 AM »

Without revealing any spoilers, does Crow's backstory get fleshed out?

I'm enjoying the game so far, but motion controls are deal breakers at time for me. My impression is that the idea worked on paper but didn't translate as well to the game.

I've some time to play today so hopefully I'll get myself caught up.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2013, 07:55:26 AM »

Without revealing any spoilers, does Crow's backstory get fleshed out?

Somewhat Wink

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2013, 07:55:47 AM »

You should have gotten some backstory if you made it to the hotel. From what I understand, you will come across Crow again in the game.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2013, 08:00:07 AM »

You should have gotten some backstory if you made it to the hotel. From what I understand, you will come across Crow again in the game.

So far all I know about Crow is what he revealed when he showed Seto the photograph. It's foggy since all he really said was that he wants to find the place in the picture. This and...

Spoiler (hover to show)

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2013, 08:53:32 PM »

This afternoon I made it to Room 301 and met Sai. My Wii Remote started going all wonky so I stopped playing.

Anyone else think Sai is the girl from the Torn Photo memory item?

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2013, 09:19:46 PM »

This afternoon I made it to Room 301 and met Sai. My Wii Remote started going all wonky so I stopped playing.

Anyone else think Sai is the girl from the Torn Photo memory item?

Fave companion in the game! Just wait you will find out a lot more later.
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2013, 12:03:50 PM »

How is everyone doing with the week three checkpoint? I forgot to mention this but after the checkpoint you'll have to play a teensy bit more to get to a bonfire, but I know ya'll would have figured that out.

Will we be ready for week four by tomorrow?

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2013, 12:23:18 PM »

My reading week starts Monday so I'll be able to power through the rest of the game.

Currently, I have to retrieve the star for kimono-girl (I forgot her name) so I'm not overly far behind.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2013, 02:32:55 PM »

It's a little late because of the site outage, but week four's checkpoint is up.

How's everyone doing? Haven't heard from anyone except Fleach in a while and he's been a little lagging.

ericeskapade
DB Contributor
Germany

Stats
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2013, 10:11:20 AM »

didn't have the time at the weekend, but i will resume from checkpoint 2 (maybe) directly to 4 on tuesday or wednesday... don't want to force myself into gaming mood, when it just isn't there Smiley
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM »

Hot dog! I'm ahead of Week 4!

Where I'm a now... let's just say it involves heavy metal. Got to do some grinding in order to get passed this section.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2013, 06:26:36 PM »

@Eric: I totally understand that feeling. I hope you get back into it just in time to blow through to the end by next week. It's definitely worth finishing.

@Fleach: I knew you'd catch up!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length