RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:12:23 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 3! 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 3!  (Read 1003080 times)
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3165 on: July 23, 2014, 11:44:04 PM »

I noticed that too. When they opened a Goodwill about 10 miles away from my house, I visited and got a ton of DVD case games for 1.99 and CD case games for a buck. They even had some CIB PC games for 1.99 too. I haven't went back, but I almost wondered if they started the prices low to entice regulars. I never see those prices at the other Denver area Goodwills.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3166 on: July 24, 2014, 06:20:54 AM »

Recent pick-ups.  I grabbed these two Sega CD games because i never see them in the wild.  I don't care if theyre just sports games! 

National Hockey Night has maybe the best cover of any hockey game.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3167 on: July 24, 2014, 09:21:25 AM »

No Bil bias there.............

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3168 on: July 24, 2014, 11:07:45 AM »

I fully endorse Bil's statement.

TheBoss
Sega CD
Denmark

Stats
« Reply #3169 on: July 24, 2014, 12:28:35 PM »

Dead Space 2 Collector’s Edition PC
DS2 was released in January 2011.

Spoiler (hover to show)
The replica plasma cutter is the main attraction, (PS3 version has none, instead more digital contents) but its small and the 3 lasers works more like flashlights. Also the Cutter needs 2 AAA batteries to work.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:31:11 PM by TheBoss » Logged

Amiga and PC gamer/collector
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3170 on: July 24, 2014, 12:53:02 PM »

@TheBoss: None of my business, but are you independently wealthy or something?

TheBoss
Sega CD
Denmark

Stats
« Reply #3171 on: July 24, 2014, 01:09:13 PM »

@GrayGhost81: Nah I just keep an eye out for interesting deals and this Dead Space 2 CE I found for a nice low price Wink

Amiga and PC gamer/collector
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3172 on: July 24, 2014, 01:55:21 PM »

Hey now,

Recent pick-ups.  I grabbed these two Sega CD games because i never see them in the wild.  I don't care if theyre just sports games! 

National Hockey Night has maybe the best cover of any hockey game.

Yeah, it has the best cover if you like a bunch of pathetic losers who couldn't even win one of the three games that went into OT in the finals against the lowlife scumbag L.A. Kings. The Rangers might as well move to Buffalo 'cuz they're the Bills of the NHL.

Um... sorry 'bout the outburst; I'm still not over the Sharks' complete collapse against the Kings in the first round. They won the first three games, the first two in blowouts, and they couldn't close the deal. All they hadda do was win ONE. MORE. FREAKING. GAME. That's it, just one more in four tries, and the Hell-A Kinks would have enjoyed extra recuperation time to prep for next season. But nooooo, the Sharks hadda perform the biggest choke-job in NHL history. What the hell.

And now let's turn away from the anger and self-pity, and find a happy place with my latest pick-ups:

- Took advantage of Toy R Us' 4-for-$40 sale on single Skylanders figures, and picked up three lightcore Swap Force figs and a Freeze Blade swappable. I also got a Swap Force Character Upgrade Edition supplemental game guide at no extra charge thanks to a processing error at checkout that didn't initially give me the 4-for-$40 discount on the figures. Luckily, things got sorted out, and I got a bit of a bonus after the dust settled. Just a few more figs to go, and my Swap Force base set will be complete. And just in time for the impending release of Trap Team...

- Picked up the 3DS titles Kirby Triple Deluxe, Yoshi's New Island, Mario Party Island Tour, and LoZ: Link Between Worlds  from Best Buy's BOGO promotion.

- CIB cardboard slipcover Ms. Pac-Man: I think this is the Majesco release, but it's not specified on the box, cart, or manual.

- Radica Tank Assault handheld: kinduva throwback to the Virtual Boy in the way you view the game. Or so I imagine, seeing as how I've been cleaning it up extensively in order to get it to work right.

- CIB Unlimited Saga and Army men 3D: I hear Unlimited Saga isn't all that great, but I figured I'd try it out anyway. It might just end up being one of those guilty-pleasure type deals, who knows.

- Six GameInformer back issues and the 2012 Guinness Book of World Records Gamer Edition

Aaaand finally, some pickups that are sure to get a certain pair of RF Gentlemen all hot and bothered:

And if you're wondering which two I'm referring to... well, you must be new around here.

Ohhh, all right, here's a hint:

It tastes so SingleBananaey in Raze's mouth. Wow, that sounded so wrong...

'Late
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #3173 on: July 24, 2014, 04:32:19 PM »

From Cash Converters:
Driver (PS1) - £1 (That sticker will be staying on there.)
PS2 Remote Control (PS2) - £1.96 (No receiver, but my console has a built in one. Seems there were two versions. Mine is the SCPH-10420)
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3174 on: July 24, 2014, 04:54:48 PM »

Yeah, it has the best cover if you like a bunch of pathetic losers who couldn't even win one of the three games that went into OT in the finals against the lowlife scumbag L.A. Kings. The Rangers might as well move to Buffalo 'cuz they're the Bills of the NHL.

Wow...soft spot? I love the outrage...reminds me of me...during and shortly after my Broncos screwed the pooch this February...

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3175 on: July 24, 2014, 05:30:23 PM »

Dead Space 2 Collector’s Edition PC
DS2 was released in January 2011.

Spoiler (hover to show)
The replica plasma cutter is the main attraction, (PS3 version has none, instead more digital contents) but its small and the 3 lasers works more like flashlights. Also the Cutter needs 2 AAA batteries to work.

I've got that same CE for Xbox 360. The Plasma Cutter is awesome!

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #3176 on: July 24, 2014, 05:34:34 PM »

I picked up the 3DS games from Best Buy's BOGO.  I actually ordered extra copies of Pokemon X and Y but already traded them in to GameStop to cover my preorder of Tales of Hearts R.  Speaking of GameStop, that's where the Vita games came from.  Beyond Oasis was a purchase from our very own Sir Psycho.  Not pictured is the Sephiroth figure I also bought from Sir Psycho.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3177 on: July 24, 2014, 06:36:24 PM »

Been too long since I have seen that genesis cart. Nice snags!

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3178 on: July 24, 2014, 07:23:17 PM »

It's been a while since I updated, so I'll throw some in. First, the tag team of Crabby and Fleach worked together to help me get all of these PAL goodies plus TMNT: TF:

I did a little trade with Techie, but he is such a generous and fantastic guy that he threw in all sorts of extras. Thanks!!

I also took advantage of the Best Buy deal to get these:

I've also grabbed some huge lots lately, but for the most part they are just items that will be for sale in the future (foreshadowing).

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3179 on: July 24, 2014, 08:46:58 PM »

SO MUCH FORESHADOWING

Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length