RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:21:40 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 3! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 3!  (Read 1003432 times)
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3180 on: July 24, 2014, 08:55:24 PM »

Ok here's my foreshadowing payoff. Longtime members of RFGen may know well my struggle to find a reasonably priced NES-001. The toaster. The box. The original Nintendo. Nintender. Anyway. I found this tonight and really couldn't pass it up for $60. There is a tear on the back though.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/S92Mxyf.jpg[/img]

Mmm. Styrofoam.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/M5oYfS0.jpg[/img]

But wait... there's more!

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/0w7ufod.jpg[/img]

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3181 on: July 24, 2014, 09:31:12 PM »

TMNT: TF for the NES would be an AWESOME addition to the rest of my turtle collection. I have it on the Genesis and SNES, but to have it on the NES...Nice snag!

Great snag too with the Styrofoam inclusive Action set. So minty...(drool)

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #3182 on: July 24, 2014, 09:40:58 PM »

@Duke: Nice! Those are some great titles from PAL land.

@SirPsycho: Nice NES and games! Can't go wrong with Contra, SMB3, or Zelda.

I received a parcel from Japan that foretold the coming of Golgo 13.

[img width=700 height=525]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/cisco678/RF/photo2_zps5f8b3a8d.jpg[/img]

So Golgo 13, Spartan X2, Parodius, and Quest of Ki were in the first parcel. More to come... (foreshadowing)

[img width=700 height=525]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/cisco678/RF/photo1_zps6a2af703.jpg[/img]

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3183 on: July 24, 2014, 10:02:26 PM »

Never got into the Paper Mario games, but now I have 3 of them.  Maybe I should give em a go?

[img width=700 height=933]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w365/adsanislo/20140724_191055_zpsdbaaf2c8.jpg[/img]

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3184 on: July 24, 2014, 10:03:50 PM »

You should give them a go. They are AMAZING! Then again, I have both a Nintendo bias and a GC bias...Gale of Darkness is sick too.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3185 on: July 24, 2014, 10:31:03 PM »

Hey now,

Recent pick-ups.  I grabbed these two Sega CD games because i never see them in the wild.  I don't care if theyre just sports games! 

[img width=700 height=933]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w365/adsanislo/20140723_205032_zps188e4534.jpg[/img]

National Hockey Night has maybe the best cover of any hockey game.

Yeah, it has the best cover if you like a bunch of pathetic losers who couldn't even win one of the three games that went into OT in the finals against the lowlife scumbag L.A. Kings. The Rangers might as well move to Buffalo 'cuz they're the Bills of the NHL.

Um... sorry 'bout the outburst; I'm still not over the Sharks' complete collapse against the Kings in the first round. They won the first three games, the first two in blowouts, and they couldn't close the deal. All they hadda do was win ONE. MORE. FREAKING. GAME. That's it, just one more in four tries, and the Hell-A Kinks would have enjoyed extra recuperation time to prep for next season. But nooooo, the Sharks hadda perform the biggest choke-job in NHL history. What the hell.

WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SPORTS!

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3186 on: July 24, 2014, 11:02:36 PM »

@Addicted: Golgo 13, Spartan X2, and Parodius? So much awesome.

Sega2099
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #3187 on: July 24, 2014, 11:34:27 PM »

@Fokakis79 Nice Atari finds!

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3188 on: July 25, 2014, 01:39:21 AM »

I picked up the 3DS games from Best Buy's BOGO.  I actually ordered extra copies of Pokemon X and Y but already traded them in to GameStop to cover my preorder of Tales of Hearts R.

Trade in all of the other Pokemon games in your collection, and get some real games instead. Tongue

Yeah, it has the best cover if you like a bunch of pathetic losers who couldn't even win one of the three games that went into OT in the finals against the lowlife scumbag L.A. Kings. The Rangers might as well move to Buffalo 'cuz they're the Bills of the NHL.

Wow...soft spot? I love the outrage...reminds me of me...during and shortly after my Broncos screwed the pooch this February...

I don't know why you'd get so upset over that. I thought you'd be used to the five-time Super Bowl chumps' perennial postseason shortfalls by now. Speaking of shortfalls: I actually felt bad for John Elway after Super Bowl XXIV. At least Denver looked like they had a chance early on in XXI and XXII...

ANYway, picked up a few things tonight after work that I'll show y'all later.

Nighters.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 02:02:03 AM by Zagnorch » Logged
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #3189 on: July 25, 2014, 08:29:33 AM »

I picked up the 3DS games from Best Buy's BOGO.  I actually ordered extra copies of Pokemon X and Y but already traded them in to GameStop to cover my preorder of Tales of Hearts R.
Trade in all of the other Pokemon games in your collection, and get some real games instead. Tongue

Heh, I actually haven't played a Pokemon game since Red/Blue, even though I have bought a couple of the more recent iterations.  Maybe I'll actually play X/Y! Smiley

GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3190 on: July 25, 2014, 08:33:23 AM »

Super Jealous of some of those PAL NES titles Duke! I hope to pick up some of those someday!

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3191 on: July 25, 2014, 08:43:39 AM »

Heh, I actually haven't played a Pokemon game since Red/Blue, even though I have bought a couple of the more recent iterations.  Maybe I'll actually play X/Y! Smiley

I'm trying to do a Pokemon Nuzlocke challenge for a Playthrough. Hold off for a little while. I'll keep you in the loop.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #3192 on: July 25, 2014, 08:55:58 AM »

I'm trying to do a Pokemon Nuzlocke challenge for a Playthrough. Hold off for a little while. I'll keep you in the loop.

Cool.  Honestly, a community playthrough is probably the only way I'd ever get around to playing another Pokemon game.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3193 on: July 26, 2014, 02:00:13 PM »

Picked up Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles for the PSP for 10.00, not really a great deal but it puts me one step closer to my goal of owning all console versions of the Castlevania series.

* tmp_6725-WP_20140726_0011386471260.jpg (302.09 KB, 720x1278 - viewed 186 times.)

Slowman
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #3194 on: July 26, 2014, 04:23:31 PM »

^^^ A good one too.  That particular game is also the cheapest way to play Symphony of the Night which is included as a hidden bonus for doing a particular thing in the remake version of Rondo of Blood [spoiler alert]

PSN - rswslowman
3DS - 1177-8481-5639
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length