RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:19:14 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 3! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 3!  (Read 998316 times)
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3195 on: July 27, 2014, 12:14:04 AM »

^^^ A good one too.  That particular game is also the cheapest way to play Symphony of the Night which is included as a hidden bonus for doing a particular thing in the remake version of Rondo of Blood [spoiler alert]

I already own symphony of the night, but it is a good deal if you are looking to play it. I really am just missing the gameboy and ds ones

I am going to start playing it tomorrow, I hear it is a little different than snes Dracula x. So can't wait to see the difference.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 12:33:40 AM by Fokakis79 » Logged

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3196 on: July 27, 2014, 12:26:13 PM »

Not much, but it's something. I was SO excited to find the Baldur's Gate walkthrough...but then, when I got home, I found I already owned it! So it's available if anyone wants it. Another Pokemon guide down, so I think I'm just missing the Gen1 and Gen5 guides now. Interesting thing about the THPS4 guide - it still has its Walmart sticker on it, showing it was sold in May 1993!

krunch
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #3197 on: July 27, 2014, 02:28:51 PM »

I'm going to have some horrible fun

Diane, it is 4:28 AM.
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3198 on: July 27, 2014, 04:51:21 PM »

It's been a long time for me to actually post something in here. I have been watching though. Lot's of good stuff. It feels like I should comment more on the stuff you guys get but know I'm impressed nonetheless.

There's been new people posting too. That's pretty cool. We like seeing and reading about what you find. And we've had everything from old sports games to Nintendo World Championships and new babies posted here....we like to see whatever you get!

Not much for me lately. This was $4 altogether.

Force Unleashed guide, that submarine game from a thrift store and Pocket Bike Racers. PBR was in Game Stop. Some of you post GS finds, like all the cheap Wii games and stuff. Our GS is almost worthless to me. It was several years ago they stopped carrying PS2 and xbox games. The oldest stuff they have is Wii and DS, and not much of that. They don't even have PSP. They don't have much under $10, I was surprised to find Pocket Bike Racers for $2.

The Wife and I walked through the whole store, looked at nearly everything in there before going to the counter. Since I was only getting the one thing but looked through games for every console, I knew the clerk knew I wasn't going to sign up for the stuff he had to pitch to me.

"Do you have a GS card?"

"No"

"Do you come in here often?"

"No"

"Well if you do it's a really good deal, blah, blah, blah......"

"...."

I felt bad for him. He knew only a certain kind of person comes in, picks up stuff for most of the different consoles, gets excited about Pocket Bike Racers but nothing else. He knew I wasn't going to sign up for anything else, I knew it. Why did we have to go through all that sales pitch? Sorry GS guy   Sad

Since pickings have been a little slim, here is some filler to pad this post:

Picked up a couple 45 pound plates to add to the set I am outgrowing. These cost more than you would think for just a piece of cast metal. They were at a Play it Again Sports, used, they cost $60-something and I thought that was a good deal   Undecided

This is mostly for Zagnorch. We went to the last game of the regular season last night.

Go Thunder!

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3199 on: July 27, 2014, 10:15:31 PM »

Been slow with games lately. Grabbed these from the cheap bins at Walmart:

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
TheBoss
Sega CD
Denmark

Stats
« Reply #3200 on: July 28, 2014, 04:56:35 AM »

Tekken Remix and True Crime (Streets of LA) Vinyl Records 12" (30 cm)

Spoiler (hover to show)
Tekken Remix
This Tekken Vinyl was released in 1995 and contains 5 remixes from the Tekken Game Soundtrack.
Youtube:

True Crime: Streets Of LA Soundtrack
From late 2003 featuring 19 songs on double Vinyl from the game.
Youtube:

@SirPsycho: Awesome Nintendo stuff Cool
@Zagnorch: Interesting and I never seen that Radica Tank Assault handheld before but it looks nice!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 05:04:36 AM by TheBoss » Logged

Amiga and PC gamer/collector
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3201 on: July 28, 2014, 07:38:58 PM »

Dark Cloud 2 and Digimon World 4 from Leaptrade.

The Gamecube games are a garage sale find from a coworker. Oddly enough there were two copies of Mario Sunshine in the case. The Gamecube stuff is really beat up but works well and I will be trading/selling them so pm me if you want them.

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #3202 on: July 28, 2014, 09:09:44 PM »

I found some good stuff at Goodwill yesterday.  Kingdom Hearts II, Final Fantasy XII were $2, Final Fantasy X was $3.  Don't know why it was a dollar more.  The Game Boy games were also $2 each.  I got Dual Heroes from R.U. Game for $8.  I thought that was a goo day. 

Then my friend Becca put a message up on Facebook saying she had a bunch of games for me and put pics of them up.  Before I could respond ALL of her friends were saying they wanted them, offering money for them, making deals...luckily she held them for me till I could pick them up in the afternoon.  I'm playing Discworld II now and its a great point and click game.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3203 on: July 28, 2014, 09:26:12 PM »

Nice lot there, Wempster. It's great when a friend helps you out.

Sega2099
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #3204 on: July 29, 2014, 12:06:19 AM »

I have a NES on the way I won on eBay, 50$ total after shipping, 3 controllers, rf cord, AC adapter and duck tales.

Just excited to have another one since my other NES went to crap when I took it apart and lost the pieces and stuff.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3205 on: July 29, 2014, 01:04:16 AM »

Dark Cloud 2 and Digimon World 4 from Leaptrade.

The Gamecube games are a garage sale find from a coworker. Oddly enough there were two copies of Mario Sunshine in the case. The Gamecube stuff is really beat up but works well and I will be trading/selling them so pm me if you want them.

If only that DW4 was a GC title...ha ha

GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3206 on: July 29, 2014, 01:55:55 AM »

I found some good stuff at Goodwill yesterday.  Kingdom Hearts II, Final Fantasy XII were $2, Final Fantasy X was $3.  Don't know why it was a dollar more.  The Game Boy games were also $2 each.  I got Dual Heroes from R.U. Game for $8.  I thought that was a goo day. 

Then my friend Becca put a message up on Facebook saying she had a bunch of games for me and put pics of them up.  Before I could respond ALL of her friends were saying they wanted them, offering money for them, making deals...luckily she held them for me till I could pick them up in the afternoon.  I'm playing Discworld II now and its a great point and click game.

Awesome!  Great friend!  I need to find a tales of destiny.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3207 on: July 29, 2014, 07:35:16 AM »

I have a NES on the way I won on eBay, 50$ total after shipping, 3 controllers, rf cord, AC adapter and duck tales.

Just excited to have another one since my other NES went to crap when I took it apart and lost the pieces and stuff.

Not a bad score at all. Nice job!

Oh man, so much RPG goodness. It's great when a friend can help you out. What else are friends for? Wink

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #3208 on: July 29, 2014, 07:54:51 AM »

@Duke: Thanks! I have some more famicom goodness on the way.... (Foreshadowing)

@Wempster: Great set of games there. Tales of Destiny  Cool

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #3209 on: July 29, 2014, 10:36:02 AM »

This is a small score I had from June.  It's almost two months later, but I'm still pretty proud of it.

Some setup.  I helped my friend with a yard sale at his parents house.  10 hours in the hot summer sun, and this was my haul:

Action figures:

Marvel Legends Annihilus Series Banshee

Marvel Legends Annihilus Series Emma Frost

Marvel Select Days of Future Past Wolverine (2x)

Accessories:

Aura Interactor with all cables, box, and manual.

Suncom Mothership joystick missing the controller slot cover, but still fully functional.

Systems:

Game Boy Color, purple (a perfect replacement for my own Game Boy Color, which mysteriously stopped working.)

Games:

PS2:

Simpson’s Hit & Run, no manual.

N64:

Mortal Kombat Trilogy

(My friend sold a copy of Blast Corps after I asked him to set aside the game for me.)

Genesis:

Evander “Real Deal” Holyfield’s Boxing with case and manual

SNES:

Batman Forever

Super Godzilla

ESPN National Hockey Night

(My friend also sold a copy of Y’s 3 after I asked him to set aside the games.)

GBA:

4 Yugioh games

Mega Man Battle Network

Game Boy Color:

Revelations: The Demon Slayer

Game Boy:

The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends

Yoshi

Lock N’ Chase

Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers

Godzilla

Home Alone 2: Lost in New York

NES:

Ice Hockey
Fox’s Peter Pan and the Pirates

Bugs Bunny Birthday Blowout

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Donkey Kong Classics

Super Mario Bros. 2

Super Mario Bros. 3.

Mega Man 1

Mega Man 4

Mega Man 5

Now, in addition to hard labor, I also paid my friend $20 for the games.  This was largely symbolic, as I wanted to stress that I had bought the games rather than been given them.

Also, I asked my friend why he didn't have Mega Man 2 or 3, and he said he had rented them so much as a kid that he never felt the need to own them.

While most of the haul is sitting in a pile waiting to be sorted, I do have a pic of a few things I had at hand.  For verification.

* 2014-07-29 11.30.59.jpg (1366.19 KB, 2560x1920 - viewed 167 times.)

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length