RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:05:14 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 3! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 3!  (Read 1003051 times)
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3210 on: July 29, 2014, 12:45:39 PM »

Great stuff nupoile, play it again sports is a great store. Thinking about getting a bench myself, my hands stay in good shape playing video games, but the rest of my body is going down the crapper. Also, do you plan on going to PRGE this year?

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3211 on: July 29, 2014, 03:04:47 PM »

I was out of town for work today. While I was driving around I found some places to check out, a Salvation Army and a Goodwill, there was nothing worth anybody's time at either of them. A block off one of the main streets I saw a local 'flea market' store. I went to check it out after I was done and ready to drive back. Sadly, it was going out of business. But, that means that there's a going out of business sale. All games were 50% off and they were surprisingly not completely picked over until there was nothing but sports game left. I got all this for $16. The game hiding in the back is Shogun: Total War Warlords Edition. You can probably guess that Suikoden V is for sale/trade, it is missing the manual though for any interested parties. I couldn't say no for $2.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3212 on: July 29, 2014, 06:56:11 PM »

Nice Revelation Ikariniku! I still need that one for my Atlus collection.

THPS4!! Play it Psycho, its the best Skateboarding game of all time!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #3213 on: July 29, 2014, 11:26:36 PM »

It hasn't walked into the store (and into your collection) yet?  Well, I'm not that attached to it if you're interested...

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3214 on: July 29, 2014, 11:39:19 PM »

Only if you play it on the 'Cube Wink

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3215 on: July 30, 2014, 12:31:17 AM »

Hey now,

Picked up a couple 45 pound plates to add to the set I am outgrowing. These cost more than you would think for just a piece of cast metal. They were at a Play it Again Sports, used, they cost $60-something and I thought that was a good deal   Undecided

Man, do I feel like such a chick after seeing you hold those aloft so effortlessly. I'd have trouble carrying just one of those around using both hands! I only wish I could be a fraction of the machismo-laden manly man you are.  Cry

BTW so you have Play-It-Again Sports up there as well, huh?

This is mostly for Zagnorch. We went to the last game of the regular season last night.

Go Thunder!

Thanks for reminding me that I have to work during the SaberCats' home playoff game on Saturday.  Angry

Aaaand that's enough boring talk about niche sports that no one here cares about. Time for me to whip out my latest batch of swag:

- Prima Madden '12 guide, $3.99 $1.99

- Pelican powered 5-switch system selector box, $4.99 $3.50: Need to find a power adapter for this.

- Sealed Schizm: Mysterious Journey PC game, $2.49: Appears to be a Myst/Riven wannabe.

- CIB Rampage 2: Universal Tour for PS1, $2.99

- Virtua Cop 2 disc & manual for Saturn, courtesy of Tynstar.

- Skylanders Swap Force Scratch and Doom Stone figures: my swappables set is complete, now it's time to grab the final few regular figs on my checklist.

Then there was the small stack of reading material my best bud grabbed for me at an estate sale:

- Prima LoZ Majora's Mask and Star Wars: The CLone Wars guides

- Nintendo Power StarFox Adventures and Star Wars Rogue Squadron

- Official U.S. PlayStation magazine issue

- Digimon Official Card Game Guide: after flipping through this, I came to the conclusion that Digimon are much more creepy-looking than any Pokemon could ever hope to be.

Aaaand finally...

CIB Tales of Phantasia Anthology Vol. 2 CD drama, $2.49: at first I thought this was a soundtrack CD, but discovered otherwise when I gave it a listen on the drive home. It was an audio drama where I had no freakin' clue what was being said. None the less, I did find it oddly soothing listening... even if it was in a language that would have made my late step-granddad flash back to the Marine invasion of Saipan.

All right, back to you.
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #3216 on: July 30, 2014, 07:03:17 AM »

I went to a local resale shop this weekend to look for Big Box PC games for Bil and Indy for Crabby. Unfortunately I didn't find any complete PC games, nor Indy, but I did find some items worth having.

1. Myth. Found in the clearance section next to a Milli Vanilli cd.

2. Planescape Torment/ Soulbringer. Not bad for $2

3. I still can't believe I found this. One of my favorite finds this year... Tell me all about Loom....  Wink

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3217 on: July 30, 2014, 09:06:46 AM »

Soulbringer sucks.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #3218 on: July 30, 2014, 09:20:57 AM »

@SirPsycho: That's why they packaged it free with Planescape Torment.  Wink

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3219 on: July 30, 2014, 10:14:06 AM »

It hasn't walked into the store (and into your collection) yet?  Well, I'm not that attached to it if you're interested...

I appreciate the gesture, but I'm really picky with both my Game Boy and Atlus stuff. I only collect CIB copies for both of those.

Only if you play it on the 'Cube Wink

Totally!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #3220 on: July 30, 2014, 12:34:17 PM »

I appreciate the gesture, but I'm really picky with both my Game Boy and Atlus stuff. I only collect CIB copies for both of those.

I had a distinct feeling this would be the case. Oh, well, maybe now I'll actually play it.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3221 on: July 30, 2014, 01:03:17 PM »

I had a distinct feeling this would be the case. Oh, well, maybe now I'll actually play it.

If you do play it definitely let me know how it is.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3222 on: July 30, 2014, 01:18:39 PM »

That Tales CD is sick, Zag! One of my favorite tales games.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #3223 on: July 30, 2014, 11:06:57 PM »

Over the last two days, my PC Engine collection came in the mail.  Gotta love that PC Engine art.  Wish the TG-16 had done something similar.  The art for Vigilante is especially striking.

Games pictured:

With case:

Genpei Toumaden
Genpei Toumaden: Maki no Futatsu
Kato-Chan Ken-Chan
Vigilante

Card only:
Splatterhouse
PC Genjin (Bonk)
Alien Crush
Bravo Man.

* photo2.jpg (110.26 KB, 720x960 - viewed 179 times.)

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3224 on: July 30, 2014, 11:11:49 PM »

Best pick up in awhile.  Grabbed this bad boy for $9.99 at my local value village.  Too bad I live on the 3rd floor....

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length