RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:39:00 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 3! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 3!  (Read 998272 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3495 on: August 22, 2014, 03:59:00 PM »

That's a really good price for that machine and it looks to be in great condition.  Contrats!  Any thoughts on putting a JAMMA multi board switcher in there and loading it up with multiple MK games?

Nah ... I think I'm just going to keep it all original

Thats great to hear!

Agreed!

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3496 on: August 22, 2014, 04:23:46 PM »

That's a really good price for that machine and it looks to be in great condition.  Contrats!  Any thoughts on putting a JAMMA multi board switcher in there and loading it up with multiple MK games?

Nah ... I think I'm just going to keep it all original

Thats great to hear!

Agreed!

x3

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3497 on: August 22, 2014, 04:34:05 PM »

Hello all! Well here are the finds over the last couple of weeks --- Haven't spent a whole lot as I have some other deals in the works, so I am saving up for those.  Last week Engel762, my brother and I went out and did some browsing. 

Here is what we got:
*Power Glove Manual
*Baseball NES Manual
*Super Mario All-Stars Manual
*Ultimate Doom PC Manual
*Hoshigami - PS1
*Dare Devil Derby 3D - PS1
*Sno-Cross Championship - PS1
*Tecmo Super Bowl III - Genesis - CIB
*Crystal's Pony Tale - Genesis - CIB (Another Sega Club off my list)
*9 - PC
*Riven - PC
*Myst IV -PC
*Myst V Limited Edition - PC
*Microsoft Train Simulator (the guide was hidden inside) - PC
*Call of Duty Deluxe Edition Box Set - PC
*Schizm - PC
*Dragon's Lair 3D Prima Guide
*God of War Prima Guide with DVD
*Onimusha 3 Limited Edition Bradygames
*Resident Evil Dimension Guide
*Resident Evil 3 Versus Guide
*Star Ocean Second Story Prima Guide
*Wild Arms 4 Prima Guide
*Commandos - Prima
*Riven - Prima Value Series
*Myst III Exile Prima
*Myst IV Revelation Prima
*Myst Uru Prima
*Real Myst Prima
*Soldier of Fortune Bradygames
*Password Tiger Handheld

Then today thinking after the first store i got a total of $6.66 so we figured today wasn't going to be a good day....so will just start with the little stuff..again didn't spend too much today on all of these goodies.

*Black Mirror - PC
*Mystery of The Mummy - PC
*Traitor's Gate 2 - PC
*Beast Within - PC
*Real Myst - PC
*Die Hard Trilogy Black Label - PS1
*Evil Zone - PS1 - Mint
*Crash Bandicoot 2 - Brady Guide
*Tramua Center Second Opinion
*Pulse Racer - Xbox
*Tetris Worlds - Xbox
*Pac-Mania! Joke Book
*Superman The Movie Novel
*Popeye - Brand New - RIP Robin Williams

Then my brother and I went to a new antique store and found this beauty with some games!! it has everyting it's pretty much like new!!

This stuff was hidden on bottom - Odyssey Magazine Club

Then this came in The Mail from Japan thanks to Sensiman!

CIB Famicom

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 04:36:41 PM by GamerNick » Logged

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3498 on: August 22, 2014, 04:36:10 PM »

Crystal's Pony Tale. The Sega Genesis Silent Service. I'm calling it now!

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
GamerNick
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3499 on: August 22, 2014, 04:37:28 PM »

lol I have been trying to get a CIB copy of that for a long time and I finally found one - I am only missing a few Sega Club titles

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3500 on: August 22, 2014, 04:42:30 PM »

I actually got my CIB copy from my first Genesis lot I bought off ebay. It was like $30 and came with the system, some common CIBs, Crystal, some good loose games like Beyond Oasis.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
GamerNick
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3501 on: August 22, 2014, 04:45:16 PM »

Very nice!  I am waiting for CIB or Box & Manual of Beyond Oasis to show up at some point.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3502 on: August 22, 2014, 05:54:16 PM »

Quote from: SirPsycho link=topic=13169.msg205853#msg205853 date=1408739575

What I'm most excited about is that copy of The Halfling's Gem!
[/quote

Great book.

Do you collect Forgotten Realms books?

@Gamernick -  That O2 is amazing. You should sell it to me!!!!!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3503 on: August 22, 2014, 08:37:58 PM »

Got this today.  Don't own the game but I couldn't pass it up.

* image.jpg (1235.39 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 173 times.)

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3504 on: August 22, 2014, 09:39:47 PM »

Once I heard on a podcast that Zagnorch makes his small scores posts like a magazine article.....

You guys went through a pretty good run there the last little while. GamerNick got a pretty awesome Ody^2 setup, Tynstar has a competitor now. Keep it up guys, there's plenty of O2 love to go around. GamerNick also got a Japanese console, its like a foreshadowing for my post......

It is kind of a bummer that Techie got all these NES games:

but no Silent Service. I mean, people had been on such a good run finding that game.....aw-well, it is rare and all. Better luck next time Techie.*

Ikariniku got some Famicom games.....foreshadowing......

Crabmaster put up some sports game, he did that with that Track and Field variant he got too, I know this is the "small" scores and all but sports games? Come on.*

Speaking of Zagnorch......

Quote from: Zagnorch
And now, I present a non-vidya pickup to calm a certain concerned RF Gentleman who PMed me a few weeks ago asking me why I hadn't been showing off any small scores lately.

This one's for you, Nupoile:

Found 'em all in one place. Twenty smackers for the bunch.
That is a pretty awesome price but it's sad you are just going to sell them and make a bunch of money when you should keep them and calculate all sorts of fantastic numbers.**

My scores.

First up is some cheap stuff I got at that one thrift store I go to just to spend money at because I like their program. I wouldn't have even bought it but I really do go there just to give them money, this time its was like, "shut up and take my $6!"  That copy of The Sims is pretty nice and complete though, minus the stickers of course.

I arrived home from work one day to find a large box from a friend, a friend whose mailing info looks like this    Grin

The box had some games I can probably play without knowing Japanese, always a plus. Sim Theme Park has a huge manual, the case is even bigger than normal. It's case is about 50% thicker than the rest. I think most of these were 100 Yen/about $1

A while ago, someone in this thread got Salamander for the Famicom, it looked so neat I had to get one. It was 850 Yen.

The biggest reason for the package was a 3DO console. Our friend a picture of it, in a store, on his Facebook page, which my wife showed to me since I don't use anything other than RFG for my social media. I don't even know what he said about it, since it was in Japanese, but it was only 2800 Yen/$27ish. I was like, "Tell him to buy it and send it to me!"

After a long back-and-forth on how to send him money because Paypal wouldn't let him receive money (we still don't know why, he called them and everything. Because it was a new account maybe?) We finally got him some money, told him to buy Salamander, the 3DO and as many Saturn and 3DO games as he could with enough left to ship it to us. Shipping was waaaaay more than I expected. I don't know why, we've sent stuff to each other across the Pacific before, it's never been anywhere near the $80 this cost to mail. That was kinda a bummer.

I guess the lesson is to send more money so you can get even more games right?    Tongue

This was really fun though, adding new consoles to the collection is a blast. I'm up to about 36 now. It's good to have friends in other countries  Grin

well thats it for now, going to be headed to PRGE in a couple months so I am hoping to pick up some big grabs there.  Its time to start saving money for spending money for the convention. Hit me up if you plan on going for those in the Pac NW, would be great to meet you,
Yes, hit us up. You should all go. It is awesome. I think there will be at least three of us RFG people there this year.
Portland, October 18-19
http://retrogamingexpo.com/

Quote from: RetroRage
While I still havent finished my blog about my trip down the Oregon coast (stop with threatening letters Nupoile) I still managed to grab some more stuff that will eventually lead to my wife handing over divorce papers.
They aren't letters. They are electronic messages. And hurry up lazy.

*   Wink

**       and

There, I tried to make it all magazine/Zagnorch like. Looking back, this post looks all busy and full of needless stuff. Maybe its a Japanese magazine article.....*

GamerNick
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3505 on: August 22, 2014, 10:32:31 PM »

Very nice Nup! My brother is super jealous of the Sim Mania Pack! If you ever sell it let me know :-) He has the pack but he doesnt have that beautiful box they belong in :-D  Also love the Japanese 3DO Stuff I have never seen that before & yes love to the SS Japan stuff as well!  And thanks for the comments ;-)  We found a new store that has everything!! A little disorganized but they have toys, boardgames, movies, laserdisc, music, tools, furniture, and even a wacky arm inflatable tube guy! 

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3506 on: August 23, 2014, 08:24:15 AM »

Got these PS4 games from a coworker. Still don't have a PS4 and these titles won't exactly make me run out to the store, but between these, Skylander Swapforce I got on Black Friday and all the PS+ stuff I'll certainly be ready.

Oh and I got this. BFD right? These are all over this thread lately thanks to Thunderstealer Mike. I was going to just post this pic with a gif of someone dropping a mic or something, but this thing is old news.

So instead of a mic drop gif, check this out.

http://youtu.be/yjMShfoMC40?t=2m8s

GamerNick
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3507 on: August 23, 2014, 08:34:02 AM »

Nice Ghost!

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3508 on: August 23, 2014, 10:34:27 AM »

Oh and I got this. BFD right? These are all over this thread lately thanks to Thunderstealer Mike. I was going to just post this pic with a gif of someone dropping a mic or something, but this thing is old news.

Your copy looks a little nicer  Tongue

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3509 on: August 23, 2014, 11:03:53 AM »

Your copy looks a little nicer  Tongue

I must say it is super clean. But you got the guide. Hey, we both win. beer

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length