RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:07:21 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 3! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 3!  (Read 1002625 times)
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3555 on: August 30, 2014, 03:00:25 PM »

Inb4 jealous Bil gets no love

Just as it was originally written.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3556 on: August 30, 2014, 04:09:57 PM »

What did I do?

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3557 on: August 30, 2014, 06:22:36 PM »

Inb4 jealous Bil gets no love

Just as it was originally written.

We call that in the business a "call back".

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3558 on: August 31, 2014, 02:05:15 PM »

What did I do?

You KNOW what you did... you monster.

One wonders how you can even sleep at night, with all those memories of the horrors you've unleashed haunting your every waking moment.

All right, enough sunshine & rainbows; I'll get this thread back on track by whipping out my meager pile of new small scores:

- SMS Altered Beast (no manual), $5.99 $4.78

- N64 loose GoldenEye cart, $3.59

- X360 CIB Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise with Microsoft Company Store sticker, $3.59

- Halo Wars: Genesis HC mini-comic, $1.99 $1.59

- PC CIB Wing Commander Prophecy Gold Edition, $3.99: yet another cool and nicely priced boxed PC game find. Now I just gotta get of my sorry ass and get that DOSBox thingy that the sick degenerate WildBil52 has been blogging about so I can actually play this bad boy.

Here's another look at the Wing Commander set:

I also discovered this:

The sensationalized title pretty much sold me. The inside-cover summary and back cover bullet points are even more sensational; here's the first paragraph from the inside-cover summary:

Gradually, Americans have become aware that the game is over. The Japanese have already landed. A Trojan Horse has been smuggled into one out of every three American living rooms... by our children.

BTW the "Trojan Horse" refers to the Nintendo Entertainment System. As you can see, right out of the gate you're got the playing the corruption-of-American-youth fear card with a jab at Japan's early-1990s stranglehold on the U.S. electronic-entertainment market. This is shaping up to be the kind of book Jack Thompson reads to help him "relieve some stress," if you catch my drift. ANYway, I can't wait to read it and see how relevant it still is in the 20+ years since it was published. I'm guessing a lot of those now-all-growed-up "enslaved children" are hanging out on this very website...

Aaaand finally, I found this fellow for a ridiculously miniscule sum:

It may not be Sonic... but I don't care. It's a Silver action figure, and it's in my collection. And it's just for me... just for me. No one else can have it... no one else.

BTW check out the scowl on this guy:

Cartoony anthro hedgies: SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Sheesh, buddy, lighten up a little, willya? It's not like you debuted on one of the most reviled and unplayable games ever made...

'Late
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 02:07:24 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3559 on: September 01, 2014, 12:53:33 AM »

Just a couple finds from me this weekend. Nothing to write home about, just a few thrift store goodies.

FIFA '99 (PSX)
Mission Impossible (N64)
Quidditch World Cup (GCN)

With this addition, all five Harry Potter games for the 'Cube are in my collection now; not including variants.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3560 on: September 01, 2014, 01:03:37 AM »

picked up a few things not worth taking pictures of:

NES:
Dr Mario box only - $4
Ironsword Wizards & Warriors II box only - $4

N64:
Paper Mario Manual - $8
Diddy Kong Racing operations card - free
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3561 on: September 01, 2014, 09:27:38 AM »

I also discovered this:

Nice find. I've been looking for this original hardback whenever I go into book stores. I have the paperback and the updated paperback. It's actually a good read, you should give it a shot.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3562 on: September 01, 2014, 10:25:23 AM »

I also discovered this:

Nice find. I've been looking for this original hardback whenever I go into book stores. I have the paperback and the updated paperback. It's actually a good read, you should give it a shot.

I cheated a little and started reading the chapter about Shigeru Miyamoto's entry into the company and how his amazing imagination and skill resulted in its greatest successes. It was a surprisingly positive look at the man in spite of the book's scary title.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3563 on: September 01, 2014, 11:05:46 AM »

Just traded in an unwanted stack of CDs and DVDs and walked out with these.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3564 on: September 01, 2014, 02:32:37 PM »

Picked up these items this week:

NES Dogbone was $3
Zelda Manga was .99

I also picked up a Mario Power Tennis Inflatable Hammer put out by McDonald's for a quarter

I also picked up three incomplete Original Star Wars Y-wings from 1983, if anyone is interested in the Y-wings hit me up.

Looks like everyone is still grabbing awesome stuff.

@zagnorch: you got me wanting to find that book, I remember when that book was new, I just forgot it existed until now.

* tmp_28470-WP_20140826_001 (1)-980608227.jpg (354.13 KB, 1278x720 - viewed 309 times.)

* tmp_28470-WP_20140818_001-728990502.jpg (291.96 KB, 1278x720 - viewed 270 times.)

Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3565 on: September 02, 2014, 12:53:21 AM »

Another package from senseiman.  Very cool:

This Jarvas didn't work either.  I wonder if, since there seems to be a spot in the back of the cartridge to change out a battery, that could be the issue.  Anyone know?

Relax, I can fix it.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3566 on: September 02, 2014, 01:24:36 AM »

No idea. Imports are not my expertise, I couldn't find anything with a quick search online, either.

Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3567 on: September 02, 2014, 01:40:59 AM »

No idea. Imports are not my expertise, I couldn't find anything with a quick search online, either.

So the answer is a likely yes.  After replacing the batteries in both that I have, the replacement that senseiman sent worked fine now, but the first one I got did not.  I give it another good cleaning with Brasso and rubbing alcohol and see if that helps.

Relax, I can fix it.

TheBoss
Sega CD
Denmark

Stats
« Reply #3568 on: September 02, 2014, 06:39:24 AM »

Thompson Twins adventure game for the Sinclair zx Spectrum on 7" Flexi Disc!

Picture/Mag/Mp3/game:
Spoiler (hover to show)
A game for the Spectrum on a 7" flexi disc (small record made of a thin, flexible vinyl sheet) released to promote "The Thompson Twins".
Instead of any audio, the disc contains a complete text adventure game. This was given away with games mag C&VG in 1984!
Once recorded onto Cassette and loaded, the game lets you guide the Thompson Twins around beaches and explore caves.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 12:12:03 PM by TheBoss » Logged

Amiga and PC gamer/collector
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3569 on: September 02, 2014, 08:53:43 AM »

That is fantastically awkward. It's like, "We'll give you this game and we aren't going to make you type it out yourself but we aren't going to actually bother to put the game on a cassette or any other format you can use."

I was trying to remember if, in the early 80's, most people had a good way to transfer records onto cassette tape. I don't think they did. People had turntables and cassette decks sure, but the ability to transfer the one to the other? I think that was less common. Not unheard of, but not super common either.

Thompson Twins Adventure Game doesn't seem to be in the database, what do you get to add this under for format? Flexi Disc isn't a choice......Will the database editors  force it to be under the lowly 'Extra Media?' Will we see a new format option for the Specy? Will Tynstar say something snarky? This is so exciting......
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length