RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:51:08 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 3! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 3!  (Read 998264 times)
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3690 on: September 15, 2014, 09:29:05 PM »

First off, I'd like to say well done on all the gold colored carts we've been seeing lately, spray painted and otherwise.

Remember this picture I put up in the 'Random Photo Thread' a little while ago?

I took that on a little vacation the wife and I took but we also found a bunch of Laserdiscs while on that journey. I've been worried they would have to go in the lowly 'Laserdiscs' thread way down in the 'Media Room' forum. Since I've been saving my pennies and nickels for PRGE next month, I've not been doing much thrifting and yard-saleing.....thus no games to get me past the door and entry to the big time, the spotlight, 'The Small Scores Thread'.......uh.......Part 3!

We remedied that today by going to that one thrift store we go to to throw money at. Three good controllers and two games, I don't know what it cost exactly, $9 maybe? Driven is only in 10 collections here on RFG, so relatively rare right? Pricecharting says it's only going for $1, you better jump on it now before everyone else figures out it's hard to find.........

Anyways! The real reason for this post, Laserdiscs!*

Found these all at a thrift store for $1 each. I would have paid the $13 for that Special Edition T2 alone.  Highlander, Rocky, Alien, James Bond and An American Tale are not widescreen Angry     It doesn't say the format on the box and we only found out once we got home. Some of these are also prone to disc rot according to LDDB (http://www.lddb.com/)  That aside, we're pretty happy with these, we've already watched The Ten Commandments, An American Tale and The Lost World. Very excited to see these versions of T2 and Aliens. Aliens is a special edition and has nearly 20 minutes of extra footage.

If my images have seemed to load extra quickly lately it's because I've been using JPEGmini http://www.jpegmini.com/   There are downloadable versions but if you are only doing a couple images it's fast enough to just drag them (one at a time) into their browser based compression system. So far it has been compressing my jpegs to about half the size with no noticeable loss in quality.

* Good thing I caught a typo on "Laserdiscs," I left out an "s".......and it wasn't the last one 
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3691 on: September 15, 2014, 09:47:21 PM »

Nice Laserdiscs Nupoile found myself some today as well. I feel like T2 was meant for laserdisc because it looks really good on that format.

I picked up Hard Boiled, The Killer, and Aladdin on Laserdisc today for $3 each.

I am in a similar boat with PRGE, trying to save and make some money, so I can have some fun while I am there. See you in about a month Nupoile
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 09:51:40 PM by Fokakis79 » Logged

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3692 on: September 15, 2014, 09:52:34 PM »

I picked up Hard Boiled.....on Laserdisc today
Wow, the Criterion version? I really want that, it's like my #1 LD want right now.
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3693 on: September 15, 2014, 10:00:22 PM »

Wow, the Criterion version? I really want that, it's like my #1 LD want right now.

Yeah its the criterion one, I was pretty excited to find it. Haven't watched it yet.

Oh and I am wondering are there other laserdiscs you are looking for? Maybe I can look around.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 10:05:11 PM by Fokakis79 » Logged

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3694 on: September 16, 2014, 01:49:58 AM »

Hey now,

Time to bust open a few grab bags I picked up from the local Savers.

Got 'em right off the cart as it rolled onto the sales floor.

- Dragon Warrior, Dr. Mario, Rampart, North & South, and Tengen Road Runner NES carts, $2.99

- CIB Tetris Plus, Medal of Honor, and Resident Evil Director's Cut PS1 games, $2.99

- A couple of partly complete loose Skylanders Giants Mega Bloks sets with Spyro, Cynder, and Crusher mini figures, $3.99

Later in the day I hit my fave new/used music store, where I grabbed several more second-hand CIB games before they even touched the shelves:

- Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Limited Collector's Edition and Point Blank, $0.50 each

- No More Heroes 2, $5.95

- Three GameCube Spyros, $0.95 each

- Romance of the Three Kingdoms VII and Tak and the Guardians of Gross, $1.95 each

Topping things off: picked up a trio of CIB PS3 titles for $3.99 each, and a plat GBA for $7.99.

Underneath the price tag on each PS3 game were three others...

...each with a higher price than the one before.

Thank you for your time...
TheBoss
Sega CD
Denmark

Stats
« Reply #3695 on: September 16, 2014, 03:45:40 AM »

Fable 1 (2005), Perfect Dark Zero (2005), Medievil Resurrection (2006) & Watch Dogs (2014) Soundtrack

Larger Picture: http://s25.postimg.org/e0...ark_Zero_Soundtrack00.jpg
Spoiler (hover to show)
Music on Youtube:
Spoiler (hover to show)

Amiga and PC gamer/collector
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3696 on: September 16, 2014, 07:59:30 AM »

2 Legit 2 Quit
Hey, hey.  Very nice grabs.  Not really a Pokemon guy but I know how much those little guys mean to PokeManiacs.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3697 on: September 16, 2014, 08:34:12 AM »

Yeah its the criterion one, I was pretty excited to find it. Haven't watched it yet.

Oh and I am wondering are there other laserdiscs you are looking for? Maybe I can look around.

Man.................. The Killers isn't bad, but Hard-Boiled is one of my favorite action movies ever! I have it on DVD (not Criterion though). If you haven't seen it, pop that thing in IMMEDIATELY!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3698 on: September 16, 2014, 01:33:53 PM »

August finds maybe a few Septembers

360 - Zag you happy a Skylanders to go with the original Skylanders (that I have still never played)

Carcass - Surgical Steel

Dreamcast Games

No thats not a loose game. I have the manual to go with that.

Best for last! Odyssey 2!!! BE JEALOUS NUPOILE!!!!

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3699 on: September 16, 2014, 04:26:14 PM »

Carcass?? That's hardcore!!!

Never heard of that Resident Evil Revival. Might have to import myself a PS3 copy. Can never have to many versions of Code Veronica!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3700 on: September 16, 2014, 04:37:17 PM »

Never heard of that Resident Evil Revival. Might have to import myself a PS3 copy. Can never have to many versions of Code Veronica!!

I think it is also RE 3 and 4.

I have been listening to Carcass for 20 years LOL Use to be the hardest band I listened to. That CD came out after a 16 year hiatus.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3701 on: September 17, 2014, 01:38:28 AM »

360 - Zag you happy a Skylanders to go with the original Skylanders (that I have still never played)

What, you couldn't find a Dark Edition starter? Wannabe...  Tongue

ANYway, got my thrift on today both on the way to and from work, and discovered this:

Boxed Hori Ace Combat 6 Ace-Edge throttle & stick controller set: I wonder if I can use this to reenact my fave Air Crash Investigation episodes...

But wait a minute... what else is in there?

All right, here we go:

Tar-jay salvage for the win! Some lady almost snapped this up before I did, but decided at the last moment to let it go. More fool her...

Been picking up just about any Disney Genesis game I come across nowadays for some reason.

Still sealed.

Also sealed... but I think the game disc popped free of the spindle. Sure hope the playing surface didn't get badly scratched up as a result.

A little something to flip through while listening to Duke, Bil, and Crabs natter on about the unparalleled awesomeness of the Dreamcast.

Whoops, wasn't supposed to show y'all this. Looks like I ruined the big surprise for a certain hot-headed old-schooler.

Aaaand finally, the game that came with the controller set:

Niiiiice.

But seriously: as soon as I found this, I did an extensive search about the store for the real controller setup. I even asked an employee if the hardware might still be in the back room; no dice I fear. Now I know how Duke feels about the whole foot-pedal deal...  Sad

'Late
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #3702 on: September 17, 2014, 08:36:03 AM »

I think it is also RE 3 and 4.

Resident Evil Revival Selection includes RE 4 and Code Veronica (the games that recently got HD remasters on PSN and Xbox Live).  I used to have an imported copy on PS3, but found it unplayable (at least Code Veronica, I didn't try RE 4) due to the lack of English text.  The voiceovers are all in English though.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3703 on: September 17, 2014, 08:41:50 AM »

What, you couldn't find a Dark Edition starter? Wannabe...  Tongue

That sounds like a collectors edition and I dont collect those anymore. It is bad enough I had to buy this big piece of crap. Did you pre-order Disney Infinity 2.0 yet? So many kick ass looking figures!

Also I love the 179.99 price tag on a used game. Also no controller or box! Wannabe...  Tongue
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 08:44:42 AM by Tynstar » Logged

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3704 on: September 17, 2014, 01:13:21 PM »

Got a few noteworthy things over the last few weeks. First I was finally able to replace my Steel Battalion controller after selling it in the store during our first couple months:

Did a trade with Shaggy for the copy of Baby Boomer. Duke hooked me up with the Kartia and Hyperdimension that he picked up locally:

Duke's grabbed these from his friend that moved to Japan:

One of my favorite guys to buy from locally brought in this wicked PS2 sign for me. He offered is a gift for helping him sell so much of his collection throughout the year. It lights up blue when plugged in. Really awesome Smiley

And lastly Mr. Bil sent me some awesome posters!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length