RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:10:58 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 3! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 3!  (Read 998306 times)
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3705 on: September 17, 2014, 01:39:28 PM »

WHOAH!  THOSE POSTERS ARE AWESOME!

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3706 on: September 17, 2014, 01:43:43 PM »

WHOAH!  THOSE POSTERS ARE AWESOME!

Truth!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3707 on: September 17, 2014, 01:45:12 PM »

Nice Evil Dead shirt.  Is the new Steel Battalion green button or blue button?

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3708 on: September 17, 2014, 01:46:00 PM »

I think it was Blue, but I wasn't paying close attention. Which one was first run again?

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3709 on: September 17, 2014, 01:53:47 PM »

I think it was Blue, but I wasn't paying close attention. Which one was first run again?

I think green was first.  No matter, controller is awesome either way.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #3710 on: September 17, 2014, 01:58:18 PM »

@Crabby

1st Run = Green
2nd Run = Blue

Only limited quantities were made available. These quickly sold out, making the game a collector's piece. It has since been re-released in limited quantities worldwide, with blue controller buttons distinguishing it from the first edition with green buttons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_Battalion

Congrats on grabbing a great game!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 01:59:53 PM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
TheSaintOfPain
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #3711 on: September 17, 2014, 03:14:50 PM »

After spending nearly a year getting a lot of issues taken care of, my life has now more or less stabilized, and I'm now getting back into major game hunting on a regular basis.  This is the result of around 2 weeks worth of hunting, the first round of major hunting in some time, which I'm just now getting around to posting because I now work odd hours for 6 days a week.  And I apologize for the lighting quality in the pics as well, as my basement doesn't really have optimum lighting, and I kinda rushed doing this before work.

The systems all work.  The XBox and the PS2 are replacements, as I got rid of my first original XBox a while back, and my other fat PS2 won't read discs anymore and I simply haven't replaced the eye yet.  The PS1 is my third, but it came with a bunch of other stuff in a box for eight bucks, so I wasn't gonna pass that up.  I now also own all three versions of the Genesis, which is a collecting milestone marked off my long list.

That is also the most controllers I've picked up in such a short period.  I finally have a regular grey official N64 controller, and I'm on my third purple one.  The Quickshot joystick, the label-less Zipper, the grey Zapper, and the NES Max controllers all came in the lot with the NES.  Two of the XBox controllers came with the system itself, while the last one came with the PS1 lot, along with the two PS2 controllers.  One of the PS2 controllers is wireless, coming with the receiver and missing the battery cover, but it still works fine otherwise.  The SNES knockoffs are USB PC controllers I got off of eBay.  The boxed joystick is sealed and a thrift store find.

The games are mostly PS1 games, again the result of mostly Goodwill and a couple other thrift stores.  In case you cant' see it in the middle pic, in the upper left corner are 3 NES titles:  Shatterhand, Phantom Fighter, and Hydlide.  The first 2 are game store finds, and Hydlide came from eBay.  The longox NHL Face-Off is another thrift store find, and is in near-perfect shape.  It looks almost as if the plastic wrap was taken off and then it was never touched again.

Just Take A Look Around And What Do You See?
Pain, Suffering, And Misery.
It's Not The Way The World Was Planned;
It's A Pity You Don't Understand.

--Black Sabbath, "Killing Yourself To Live"
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3712 on: September 17, 2014, 03:28:05 PM »

Great scores! And even better, great seeing you back on the site. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
retrosportsgamer
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #3713 on: September 17, 2014, 03:38:35 PM »

Some quality PS1 sports swag there.

Mod @racketboy , twitter: @brad21126

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3714 on: September 17, 2014, 03:39:19 PM »

So I just opened the store and EngineerMike came in with this sweet Batman bag stuffed with decorative tissue paper and presented it to me as a gift. I started digging in and and found these goodies:

All awesome stuff, and that Red Alarm puts me at over half a CIB Virtual Boy Library.

A little further down in the bag was something a bit more special though:

This is a particularly special cart for me as some of you might know. It was the very last licensed NES game that I still needed for my full set. Looks like I owe a great big thank you to: Wildbil, Duke.Togo, EngineerMike, Fleach, SirPsycho, Techwizard, GreyGhost, Slakur, and Banana.

This is one of the most thoughtful gifts I've ever received. I love being a part of this community and the fact that so many of you went out of your way to help me with this achievement is overwhelming. Thank you so much everybody. I hope to be able to return the favor in some way or another to each of you.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3715 on: September 17, 2014, 03:46:42 PM »

You're very welcome good sir! I was happy to play a part in this little surprise and very happy with the outpouring of generosity from some of the sites members. Enjoy the games and hopefully we'll get to see some pics of you standing in front of that awesome collection. Smiley

Onward to the TG16!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3716 on: September 17, 2014, 03:59:05 PM »

Here are my finds for the week with pictures.

I got the NES games for about 5.00 each.  Laserdiscs were about 3.00 each. Mega Man X5 was 3.00. Myth III was 2.00. Guides were about .50 each. Final Fantasy VII was 15.00. Deathtrap Dungeon was 1.00.

Action Max console was a pretty cool find even though no cords came with it. Picked it up for 4.00

Glad to find Risk 2210 pretty fun version of Risk. The AD&D Books were an awesome find 3.00 each

Myth III is up for sale, PM me if interested.

* tmp_23923-WP_20140917_005-1320797243.jpg (331.76 KB, 1278x720 - viewed 236 times.)

* tmp_23923-WP_20140917_006-967252412.jpg (297.35 KB, 1278x720 - viewed 255 times.)

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3717 on: September 17, 2014, 06:02:05 PM »

Major congrats, Crabbo. It's been a lot of fun sharing the journey with you.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3718 on: September 17, 2014, 08:25:16 PM »

Okay, so it's not an "official" Sega CD RAM Cart, but damn if it isn't awesome. Smiley

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3719 on: September 17, 2014, 08:53:12 PM »

So I just opened the store and EngineerMike came in with this sweet Batman bag stuffed with decorative tissue paper and presented it to me as a gift. I started digging in and and found these goodies:

All awesome stuff, and that Red Alarm puts me at over half a CIB Virtual Boy Library.

A little further down in the bag was something a bit more special though:

This is a particularly special cart for me as some of you might know. It was the very last licensed NES game that I still needed for my full set. Looks like I owe a great big thank you to: Wildbil, Duke.Togo, EngineerMike, Fleach, SirPsycho, Techwizard, GreyGhost, Slakur, and Banana.

This is one of the most thoughtful gifts I've ever received. I love being a part of this community and the fact that so many of you went out of your way to help me with this achievement is overwhelming. Thank you so much everybody. I hope to be able to return the favor in some way or another to each of you.

Nice, what a great bunch of guys.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length