RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:34:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 3! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 3!  (Read 998302 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3720 on: September 17, 2014, 09:36:09 PM »

360 - Zag you happy a Skylanders to go with the original Skylanders (that I have still never played)

What, you couldn't find a Dark Edition starter? Wannabe...  Tongue

That sounds like a collectors edition and I dont collect those anymore. It is bad enough I had to buy this big piece of crap.

Yeah, suuuuuuure you don't! If they released a special edition Disney Infinity 2.0 box set, you'd be on that in a New York minute. And don't even try to tell me otherwise ya big fibber.  Wink

Speaking of which...

Did you pre-order Disney Infinity 2.0 yet? So many kick ass looking figures!

If by "preorder" you mean "buy a complete Target-salvage starter set in pretty good condition for half the retail price a few months after it releases," then... maybe.  Tongue

Also I love the 179.99 price tag on a used game. Also no controller or box! Wannabe...  Tongue

Well I didn't actually pay that much for it, you silly. But yeah, the price tag was a real kick; it's stayin' on that box forever ever... which is something I never thought I'd say about a GameStop price tag. Oh, and did I fail to mention that $179.99 is its used price? Fortunately, the disc, case, and manual are in great condition, much nicer than what you'd expect from a third-hand digital-disc game.

Which leads me to...

Got a few noteworthy things over the last few weeks. First I was finally able to replace my Steel Battalion controller after selling it in the store during our first couple months:

God, I hate you. Angry

So I just opened the store and EngineerMike came in with this sweet Batman bag stuffed with decorative tissue paper and presented it to me as a gift. I started digging in and and found these goodies:

All awesome stuff, and that Red Alarm puts me at over half a CIB Virtual Boy Library.

A little further down in the bag was something a bit more special though:

This is a particularly special cart for me as some of you might know. It was the very last licensed NES game that I still needed for my full set. Looks like I owe a great big thank you to: Wildbil, Duke.Togo, EngineerMike, Fleach, SirPsycho, Techwizard, GreyGhost, Slakur, and Banana.

This is one of the most thoughtful gifts I've ever received. I love being a part of this community and the fact that so many of you went out of your way to help me with this achievement is overwhelming. Thank you so much everybody. I hope to be able to return the favor in some way or another to each of you.

Okay, I don't really hate you, I take it back. That was the frustration talking, and I apologize for my momentary surge of misbehavior. Though I would have liked to have written a note of congratulations on one of those cards. I did help you get one step closer to completing your set with The Terminator, after all. And the backpack... how could you have forgotten about the backpack? Now I see how I rate around here...  :'(

All right, enough guilt-tripping, time to show y'all my latest stack of scores.

- CIB Sega Genesis Classic Console plug-&-play set, $12.99

Hmmm... looks like there are a few things stashed beneath the holder tray...

Hmmm... what else...

Good thing I decided to hold on to my small TV with built-in VCR.

Daaaamn, check out this fat stack of-- whoops, this sin't the right place to show these off. Sorry 'bout that; moving on...

Aaaand finally...

...34 Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine demo discs.

No exceptions.

All right, back to you.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3721 on: September 17, 2014, 09:54:22 PM »

Jesus Zag, you've been making out like a bandit lately.  Nice grabs.

Also, congrats Crabby!  Are you going to go for any of the unlicensed sets now or are you done with the NES for now?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3722 on: September 18, 2014, 12:25:37 AM »

@Zag - I know you didn't pay 179.99. I just like the price tag. Also you should hate me since I have a CIB Steel Battalion also Smiley

I would get a CE Infinity 2.0 if it had something cool with it. But I would get it to play it not just collect it. I am keeping some of my CE that I like.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3723 on: September 18, 2014, 12:55:18 AM »

Having mixed feelings about a trade I made with my brother. He finally got Mega Man anniversary collection for the 'cube, so was looking to get rid of his originals. I traded him my X collection for his NES copies of 1-5. I know the trade favored me big time, but I feel really off trading a rare and expensive part of my Gamecube collection without having a duplicate of it. I probably won't end up replacing it until I am mopping up the last few titles.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3724 on: September 18, 2014, 01:35:33 AM »

Jesus Zag, you've been making out like a bandit lately.  Nice grabs.

It's been a helluva week, lemme tell ya. The only time I encounter this much stuff in such a short time is during the holiday season.

@Zag - I know you didn't pay 179.99. I just like the price tag.

I was kinda hoping the cashier who rung me up would notice it and comment on it. No such luck I'm afraid.

Also you should hate me since I have a CIB Steel Battalion also Smiley

I'm confident I'll bump into the controller setup sooner or later. Then again, it might prove as elusive as a Miracle Piano foot pedal, who knows. Either way, I'm sure to find something to fill the void in the meantime...

I would get a CE Infinity 2.0 if it had something cool with it.

CEs aren't exactly my jam either. Unless the extras are bonus game levels, or other interesting in-game content the regular edition lacks, or involve the Skylanders, the plain-vanilla release is just fine and dandy.

But I would get it to play it not just collect it. I am keeping some of my CE that I like.

F*CKIN'-A!   freakboy

I opened and played my Dark Edition Swap Force starter on launch day, and will do the same for my dark Trap Team starter. Forget all that sitting-on-a-shelf-collecting-dust nonsense; fire that sumbitch up and throw it at my head!

'Late
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3725 on: September 18, 2014, 02:24:06 AM »

R.I.P. Macho Man

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #3726 on: September 18, 2014, 07:47:02 AM »

@TheSaintOfPain: make sure to check the time capicator:

@Crabby: Congrats! Have you had a chance to play it?

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
TheBoss
Sega CD
Denmark

Stats
« Reply #3727 on: September 18, 2014, 12:34:14 PM »

The Last of Us Post-Pandemic Edition Statue
12 inches (30.5cm) Joel & Ellie Statue by Project Triforce 

Spoiler (hover to show)
5000 Post-Pandemic Editions were made in 2013 and the Statue was also sold seperate in limited numbers.

Amiga and PC gamer/collector
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3728 on: September 18, 2014, 12:36:29 PM »

Hey everyone forgot our HPB reopened today after the remodel and they had a deal of 20% OFF your total purchase.  So we grabbed all of this - most excited about the Ultima II Underworld & The Prince Persia Games - We also got more Adventure Company Games. 

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3729 on: September 18, 2014, 12:47:07 PM »

I just want to say, it truly was an honor and privilege, to deliver Crabmaster his final NA licensed NES cart. Big Congrats man! Crabby knew I was coming to buy some games from him yesterday, but he was very surprised at his gift. Good job guys! Very awesome group here, that I am glad to be part of.

So, on to the games I grabbed!

Ni No Kuni and WatHK, were from Game Stop. The rest of the stuff was what I got from Game Quest.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3730 on: September 18, 2014, 01:02:22 PM »

Thanks again Mike. That was really awesome of all of you.

Nice Witch and the Hundred Knight!! Did you grab it at the mall or College Heights??

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3731 on: September 18, 2014, 01:16:50 PM »

Thanks again Mike. That was really awesome of all of you.

Nice Witch and the Hundred Knight!! Did you grab it at the mall or College Heights??

College Heights. Only copy of WatHK they had. Used.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3732 on: September 18, 2014, 09:29:12 PM »

So, here's some stuff I picked up a while ago.  It's good to finally get these out of my picture queue.  I got all of these from random thrifts, Garage Sales and Disc Replay.

Highlights:  Leisure Suit Larry 4 was under the PS1 Jampack disc in the case, so it was free.  The 5200 games were $1 a piece from Disc replay.  Not that I can play them because fuck the 5200 controllers.  I've really got to get new ones eventually.  All of the 360 games were between $5-10 and were games that I've wanted to pick up for a while, especially Skyrim.  Not that I have time to play them.

I also thought the Dragon Ball Z games were worth a lot more, but that was only the third one in the series.  Still, $3 a piece for those isn't bad.

More pictures coming soon.  Maybe I'll have more to say.  I don't know.  I'm sleepy.
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3733 on: September 18, 2014, 10:05:39 PM »

So, here's some stuff I picked up a while ago.  It's good to finally get these out of my picture queue.  I got all of these from random thrifts, Garage Sales and Disc Replay.

Highlights:  Leisure Suit Larry 4 was under the PS1 Jampack disc in the case, so it was free.  The 5200 games were $1 a piece from Disc replay.  Not that I can play them because fuck the 5200 controllers.  I've really got to get new ones eventually.  All of the 360 games were between $5-10 and were games that I've wanted to pick up for a while, especially Skyrim.  Not that I have time to play them.

I also thought the Dragon Ball Z games were worth a lot more, but that was only the third one in the series.  Still, $3 a piece for those isn't bad.

More pictures coming soon.  Maybe I'll have more to say.  I don't know.  I'm sleepy.

@Sauza: Hey nice pickups, Love the Atari 5200 stuff, have you played Jungle Hunt yet? Oh yeah and the only one that is valuable is DBZ Tenkaichi 3, because it had a short print run and it is considered the best in the series. I got mine for X-Mas when it first came out on the Wii, and I was suprised to find later on that it is now hard to find for cheap.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3734 on: September 19, 2014, 02:44:56 PM »

Picked these up today at a Church Rummage:

* IMG_0019.JPG (1667.98 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 295 times.)

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length