RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:07:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 3! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 3!  (Read 998327 times)
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4140 on: October 22, 2014, 10:19:00 PM »

Did said "milkshake" bring all the boys to the yard? And is it better than mine?

I think most milkshakes are better than yours Wink

Banana milkshakes are the best!

I don't think I like the sound of that...

Here's some junk I picked up today.  $2 a piece.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4141 on: October 22, 2014, 10:31:39 PM »

Woah watch what you're calling junk buddy.   Wink
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4142 on: October 22, 2014, 11:29:44 PM »

Damn, ANOTHER one of you that was able to snag a couple old Pokemon titles on the cheap...lucky.

If you really do think them junk though, I could find a spot in my collection for them. Wink

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4143 on: October 22, 2014, 11:48:39 PM »

I think you read that wrong.  He paid for a milkshake of me and my wife.

No, you wrote that wrong. You said he paid for YOUR WIFE and YOUR MILKSHAKES.

I shoulda added a  Grin or  Tongue to my post let you know I was bein' a smartass.

I wrote it awkwardly on purpose because I'm a wordsmyth.  And because he really did pay for a milkshake of my wife and I.

My grammar nazism is very passive-aggressive.

Did said "milkshake" bring all the boys to the yard? And is it better than mine?

[Andrew Dragon Dice Clay]Why don't you gulp down a mouthful of MY banana milkshake! OH!!! Actually, it's more of a protein shake, if you know what I'm sayin'! OH!!! Yeah![/Andrew Dragon Dice Clay]

I don't think I like the sound of that...

Here's some junk I picked up today.  $2 a piece.

Does the battery backup still work on the Pokemon game boy carts? I've yet to find a Crystal or Silver Version at a thrift that had a working battery backup.

ANYway, it's off to bed with me. Got a few things to show you tomorrow. Don't worry, it's not all Skylanders stuff...
zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4144 on: October 23, 2014, 07:37:00 AM »

I checked four more Genesis titles off of my list yesterday.

Risk (CIB)
Earnest Evans (cart only)
The Ooze (cart only)
E-Swat (cart only)

Slowly but surely making progress.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4145 on: October 23, 2014, 11:59:42 PM »

HEY NOW!!! Man, this has been the week that just keeps on giving. I'll start things off with my latest Skylanders pickups, just to get it out of the way:

I took advantage of a Toys R Us promo, combined with some gift card credit and a rewards coupon, and grabbed the 3DS Trap Team starter pack along with Fizzy Frenzy Pop Fizz, and the Mirror of Mystery adventure pack featuring Deja Vu:

And now, some stuff you actually might care about:

This lot of N64 goodies, including a CIB Super Mario 64 and StarFox 64, along with a loose Majora's Mask, set me back $40.

Found another cache of magazine back issues at the local Savers, this time mostly Official PlayStation mags with a couple PSMs and an EGM.

And before I forget:

I took advantage of a Toys R Us promo, combined with some gift card credit and a rewards coupon, and grabbed the 3DS Trap Team starter pack along with Fizzy Frenzy Pop Fizz, and the Mirror of Mystery adventure pack featuring Deja Vu:

Elsewhere, I discovered...

The CIB PS2 / Wii games Shadow of Destiny, RTX Red Rock, Target: Terror, and EyeToy Sega Superstars were $2.99 each. The CIB PS1 games were $1.99 each, and the CIB 4 Meg Dreamcast memory card with PC link set me back four bucks.

Moving things right along:

The three mags and DK Country GBA guide were $0.29 each, and all the CIB Xbox & PS2 games, which included Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge, Conker: Live & Reloaded, Spartan: Total Warrior, Haunted Mansion, Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick, and Disgaea 2, were $2.99 each. I also found a Ys I & II Chronicles Musical Selections soundtrack CD, a berry GB Color and a Universal Retracta-Cable which lets you use a GameCube or XBox controller to play your PS2 games if you feel so inclined.

Aaaand finally:

And that's it for now. Any questions?

« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 12:12:57 AM by Zagnorch » Logged
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4146 on: October 24, 2014, 07:16:18 AM »

Number 494....

* IMG_0365.JPG (1717.02 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 213 times.)

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4147 on: October 24, 2014, 08:04:51 AM »

Picked up CIB copies of Jeanne D'Arc (PSP) and Luigi's Mansion (GC) yesterday. Two stores in my area had copies of Jeanne D'Arc, but neither copy had a manual. I waited it out a few months and finally one came in. Luigi's Mansion was a game I had before, but used it in a trade. Glad to have it back.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4148 on: October 24, 2014, 09:13:09 AM »

Picked up CIB copies of Jeanne D'Arc (PSP) and Luigi's Mansion (GC) yesterday. Two stores in my area had copies of Jeanne D'Arc, but neither copy had a manual. I waited it out a few months and finally one came in. Luigi's Mansion was a game I had before, but used it in a trade. Glad to have it back.

Jeanne D'Arc is a pretty halfway decent game. I grabbed mine CIB for a buck from a guy that had a bunch of boxes of crap that he hadn't gone through. I scrounged around and found several games in his junk that day.
zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4149 on: October 24, 2014, 09:27:13 AM »

Oh, and last night I picked up complete in box copies of South Park for N64 and Sonic Advance 3 on GBA. Prices were reasonable, like the 5-7 dollar range as I recall.
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #4150 on: October 24, 2014, 12:28:36 PM »

As the sites biggest Jeanne D'Arc fan, I have to compliment your pickup. One of my favorite games in the genre.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4151 on: October 24, 2014, 12:46:02 PM »

As the sites biggest Jeanne D'Arc fan, I have to compliment your pickup. One of my favorite games in the genre.

Good to know, I had heard good things. Never really played any tactical RPGs if you can believe that, but I thought I'd look for a decent portable game to start out.

Picked up a CIB copy of Hook on the Sega CD today. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4152 on: October 24, 2014, 05:25:57 PM »

I've been wanting to add a repro to my collection for quite some time, and when the opportunity came up to trade for one with Flee, I jumped at the chance. Now that I've broken the seal so speak I have at least one other repro on the way.

Also got this today from Leaptrade:

zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4153 on: October 24, 2014, 07:58:26 PM »

Added James Pond II in box tonight. Now at 310 unique genesis titles with 5-6 more on the way
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4154 on: October 24, 2014, 09:31:00 PM »

So I'm building a PC(and have ordered the parts), here's the specs I got

FX-8320(3.5GHZ/4.0 w/ boost, 8-core)
GTX-750ti FTW(2GB vram, 1200-1300Mhz clock-speed)
8GB RAM(1600Mhz, 2x4GB)
ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Motherboard
1TB HDD
Blu-Ray Burner(also burns/reads CDs and DVDs)
Deepcool Tesseract Case(comes with two fans and spaces for two more)
23.6in 1080p Screen

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length