RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:39:48 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 3! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 3!  (Read 1003171 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4800 on: December 19, 2014, 08:19:13 PM »

Every time I think I know about all the cool looking PS2 games another one seems to pop up. Chaos Wars looks sweet!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4801 on: December 19, 2014, 08:29:32 PM »

@Nick: Nice grab on the Master Gear converter. I've been looking for one of those for a while.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4802 on: December 19, 2014, 10:51:56 PM »

I gave a Turkey to the local homeless shelter today and stopped in at Game Quest afterwards to see the Crabmaster. Karma came back instantly and I was happy to see a PS1 game get returned to his store, that I missed out on a couple days ago. I grabbed some other stuff too:

Tomba! love this game. I remember being a teenager, working in a video rental store when this game first came out. Loved it and haven't played it since then.

Also got a couple games in the mail today. Gonna just post these here instead of that other thread. Anyways, these are two more games, nudging me right to edge, of my game-specific collecting goal. 10 to 300 NES carts:

In my Blog, Wayne's World was not one of the ten games, that I had hand picked to be the ten games to make 300. Contra Force was. Which, is still coming, but probably not until January. I decided that Wayne's World, from a Canadian seller (faster shipping), would help me achieve my 300 game goal by the end of the year.

Moving on:

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #4803 on: December 20, 2014, 12:18:19 AM »

I went to Best Buy this morning to see if they had new amiibos.  There was a bunch of Luigis put out and one Diddy Kong left.  I grabbed them and when I went to check out.  The manager of the store came over and said they couldn't sell the luigi.  He was street dated for the 30th and was put out by mistake with Zelda.  I ended up with Diddy which is a second one for me.  He is going to my friend as a surprise Christmas gift. 
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4804 on: December 20, 2014, 12:42:51 AM »

Glad to hear some amiibos are not selling out immediately and people are getting some. I had no issue with Luigi or Zelda, but the other four from wave 2 haven't even been shelved around here yet.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4805 on: December 20, 2014, 01:04:16 AM »

PLAY TOMBA!

TheSaintOfPain
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #4806 on: December 20, 2014, 01:40:31 AM »

First, to Zagnorch:  It's not just impersonation, it's cosplay.  Grin  So, I'm essentially cosplaying as your cosplay.  Tongue  I mean, why wouldn't I want to cosplay as the cosplayer who's cosplaying as the George Lucas Look-Alike Contest Winner for the last 33 years?

Now, on to the small score I picked up today while running errands:

Another trip to Goodwill netted me the Need For Speed: Carbon guide with the map poster missing for 50 cents, and the Innovation brand original XBox turbo controller for 2 bucks.  The rest of it came from the Teen Challenge Thrift Store.  The other two controllers are a Pelican brand PS2 Dual Shock controller and a Performance brand ProPad 6 controller for PC, both a dollar each.  The cable pictured with the NFS:C guide is a Game Boy Color/Advance link cable by Intec, and was 50 cents.  It has a switch on it to change between GBA and Game Boy Color compatibility.  The best find I've had in quite some time, though, is this:

After looking for a long time, and missing out on the one in Zag's Not-So-Secret Santa giveaway, this was sitting amongst a bunch of cookware in the housewares section, along with the cables and two controllers.  The price they were asking?  Eight dollars.  And everything works perfectly.  The only thing is it didn't come with any VMUs, so I'll be searching for a couple of those in the near future.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 01:42:23 AM by TheSaintOfPain » Logged

Just Take A Look Around And What Do You See?
Pain, Suffering, And Misery.
It's Not The Way The World Was Planned;
It's A Pity You Don't Understand.

--Black Sabbath, "Killing Yourself To Live"
leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #4807 on: December 20, 2014, 02:14:43 AM »

Nice Dreamcast.

Have you played Atari today?

Sega does what Nintendon't.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Smash T.V.

[img width= height=]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/leej07.png[/img]
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4808 on: December 20, 2014, 02:39:46 AM »

@Nick: Nice grab on the Master Gear converter. I've been looking for one of those for a while.

I'll keep an eye out for one for you for sure.  I see them from time to time.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #4809 on: December 20, 2014, 09:40:20 AM »

The best find I've had in quite some time, though, is this:

After looking for a long time, and missing out on the one in Zag's Not-So-Secret Santa giveaway, this was sitting amongst a bunch of cookware in the housewares section, along with the cables and two controllers.  The price they were asking?  Eight dollars.  And everything works perfectly.  The only thing is it didn't come with any VMUs, so I'll be searching for a couple of those in the near future.
$8? That must have been a mis-price! That's incredible!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4810 on: December 20, 2014, 12:02:13 PM »

The best find I've had in quite some time, though, is this:

$8? That must have been a mis-price! That's incredible!

Awesome price!  Great find!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4811 on: December 20, 2014, 08:00:52 PM »

Not my score but I made these for someone. Sent them out today. Just wanted to share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4812 on: December 20, 2014, 09:09:34 PM »

Pickups from yesterday. GameStop has the tin case Beyond Two Souls for $10 new.

And this was finally released this past Sunday on Atari Age. #15 of 100.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4813 on: December 20, 2014, 10:47:50 PM »

@Russ: Wow, really nice work!

TheSaintOfPain
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #4814 on: December 21, 2014, 06:35:40 AM »

I hit 3 more thrift stores before work today, and this is what I came up with:

First, I hit the local Salvation Army thrift, and got:

In the box is a Thrustmaster X-Fighter Joystick that cost me 9 dollars.  It's missing the games, but I ordered those for cheap, soon after I bought it, so it will be complete before long.  Along with the updated version of Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?, I found a couple of mini-disc games for PC, Space Defender (in the small case) and Perfect Pool, both by PocketWare.  I've never even heard of any mini-disc games for PC, much less ever played any, but I thought they were interesting, and at 99 cents each, I figured why not.

The second thrift I hit was a new place that just opened a couple of months ago called Yankee Girls Treasures.  I had yet to venture inside before now, and the place is extremely tiny and cramped, with a small selection of everything, including some games.  I only picked up one from there:

...The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, which was 7 bucks and CIB, including the map.  The Big Bumpin' and Pocket Bike Racer both came from the last thrift I hit, also a newer place called A & Z's Treasures, and both are CIB as well.  I also found this in there as well:

It's a working "Darth Vader" Atari 2600, along with the two Wico Command Joysticks, my third set of paddle controllers, a non-working AC adapter (which is the only thing wrong with the entire bundle), a controller cable extension, and 15 games, with Pac-Man and Combat being CIB.  That brings me up to 3 of the original 5 2600 models that I now own, with the Heavy Sixer and the 2600 Jr. being the two I have yet to find.  For the 2600 bundle and the two 360 games, I paid 49 dollars.

The final game is Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, on sale at Walmart in their used games section for 17 dollars, which I got after work when I made a quick trip there to pick up a couple of things I needed.  I've heard it's the best of the AC series, and I've been wanting to try it, so now I can.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 06:38:31 AM by TheSaintOfPain » Logged

Just Take A Look Around And What Do You See?
Pain, Suffering, And Misery.
It's Not The Way The World Was Planned;
It's A Pity You Don't Understand.

--Black Sabbath, "Killing Yourself To Live"
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length