RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:15:45 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 3! 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 3!  (Read 998352 times)
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #5535 on: March 25, 2015, 03:52:57 PM »

No problem, I was just messing around but was shocked when no one commented on either one of those, especially the Chiller.  Death Race is another I need.  Great pick up Banana.

My local shop got a pretty great lot of unlicensed NES games in the middle of last year.  I used the opportunity to get Maxi-15 (for Chiller and Menace Beach), Death Race, Tengen Tetris, Baby Boomer, the more common Wisdom Tree games, some Camerica titles, and some other misc. titles.  I skipped out on Tagin' Dragon.  That really just seemed like too much for too little.

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #5536 on: March 26, 2015, 02:28:37 PM »

Bought this from eBay for £5.99 total. It's something different. Smiley

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5537 on: March 26, 2015, 02:41:40 PM »

Sweet. Those charity bundles are awesome.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5538 on: March 26, 2015, 04:35:36 PM »

Well, I had an awesome day today, locally too! I still have some CD Tradepost credit left, and when I walked in to my location today I used about half of what was left. If anybody needs a copy of Melee and have a location near them put it on your wishlist! By far the cheapest price I've seen anywhere in years.

I just went to my favorite store after that, finding Melee and Revenant Wings for a good price made me feel like the luck was flowing. I grabbed a couple complete PS2 games first.

I wasn't wrong about my luck, since I found this hanging out behind the counter. I almost stole it for $50, but it was untested.

Good and bad news.

Good: Audio, cartridges, and CDs work!

Bad: No video output!

I don't have my DMM on me, but I'm going to run up and grab it tomorrow, then run out before anybody notices me so I can find the problem on this board and get any parts if they're needed.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5539 on: March 26, 2015, 06:10:48 PM »

Hey now,

Went with my best bud to an estate sale in Morgan Hill. I didn't find anything interesting there, but I did pick up a few things on the way home:

- Micro Adventure #1: Space Attack: An adventure novel derived from the choose-your-adventure series, with a twist: input the programs into any of the computers checked off below to continue the adventure:

Looks like the TI and Atari owners get the shaft. Shoulda gone with the Commodore 64, guys.

Then there's the sealed Action Replay Power Saves SD card for Wii, featuring video game art just off-model enough to (maybe) keep Nintendo from slapping Datel with an infringement suit.

On another note: 512 MB?! Just how old is this thing, anyway?

Moving on: I took advantage of G*meSt*p's Skylanders Trap Team promotion to bring my set closer to completion:

- Trap-Master Thunderbolt
- Spotlight
- Blackout
- Tech, air, and undead-element traps

Aaaand now, the ultimate in retro computer technology:

Just take a gander at this beaut:

It doesn't get much more retro than this...

- 'Late
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5540 on: March 26, 2015, 08:48:42 PM »

I had several of those Micro Adventure books as a kid! Awesome!

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5541 on: March 26, 2015, 09:23:59 PM »

I wasn't wrong about my luck, since I found this hanging out behind the counter. I almost stole it for $50, but it was untested.

Good and bad news.

Good: Audio, cartridges, and CDs work!

Bad: No video output!

I don't have my DMM on me, but I'm going to run up and grab it tomorrow, then run out before anybody notices me so I can find the problem on this board and get any parts if they're needed.

Awesome JVC X'EYE, it might be as easy as a fix as resoldering some points where the video output is.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5542 on: March 26, 2015, 09:42:23 PM »

What I've been able to test without my meter leads to an internal problem. There are 3 AV out ports on the back of the X'eye, RF, male to male RCA, and the 9 pin Model 2 Genesis RCA. I was able to test the latter two and neither port had an output. There are no problems on the motherboard or the CD daughterboard visible to the naked eye.

First guess is a bad cap somewhere.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5543 on: March 26, 2015, 09:58:24 PM »

Good find with the X'eye!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5544 on: March 27, 2015, 12:32:13 AM »

What I've been able to test without my meter leads to an internal problem. There are 3 AV out ports on the back of the X'eye, RF, male to male RCA, and the 9 pin Model 2 Genesis RCA. I was able to test the latter two and neither port had an output. There are no problems on the motherboard or the CD daughterboard visible to the naked eye.

First guess is a bad cap somewhere.

Probably, right. Still a pretty easy fix.

leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #5545 on: March 27, 2015, 06:05:48 PM »

What is an X'eye?

Have you played Atari today?

Sega does what Nintendon't.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Smash T.V.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5546 on: March 27, 2015, 08:05:45 PM »

Genesis and Sega CD in one machine. A similar item is the CDX.

*edit* A lot of sega enthusiasts list the X'eye as one of, if not the best way to experience the system. The CD drive is finicky but faster than other CD models.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 08:17:15 PM by SirPsycho » Logged

cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5547 on: March 27, 2015, 08:38:11 PM »

So my wife was out yard saling today and went to a friends yard sale.  She said does your husband still collect old video games and my wife said yes.  She said wait right here I'll be back. I got something in the basement that I think he'll like.  And she sold this to my wife for 40.

2 NES systems
4 controllers & 1 zapper
Nintendo brand wooden Game and accessories holder
30 Games. Although there are 3 punchout and 2 Dr mario

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #5548 on: March 27, 2015, 09:03:37 PM »

2 NES systems
4 controllers & 1 zapper
Nintendo brand wooden Game and accessories holder
30 Games. Although there are 3 punchout and 2 Dr mario
That's a great bundle there!
I spy a Tengen game in there, what is it?
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5549 on: March 27, 2015, 09:29:37 PM »

I spy a Tengen game in there, what is it?

RBI Baseball   Tongue

Unfortunately I have all these games in my collections already except for Dance Aerobics and The Legend of Kage.

But hey when you have around 450, I guess 2 out of 30 is a pretty good pick up.

EDIT:  actually it was 4 games.  I mistaken glanced over the NFL game assuming that it was baseball.  And I thought I had arch rivals.  Yeah. 4 out of 30.  Not bad.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 11:25:38 AM by cverz2 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length