RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:42:17 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The Small Scores Thread: Part 3! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: The Small Scores Thread: Part 3!  (Read 998397 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5745 on: April 17, 2015, 06:01:56 PM »

Nice job on the custom cable. retrogamecave.com also sells pre-built cables that are well built.

Slowman
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #5746 on: April 17, 2015, 06:11:39 PM »

Today's grab was a $3 thrift store AV cable that sacrificed itself for the greater good of supplying a higher quality audio/video signal from my TG16.  I have thought about installing RCA jacks into the rear cover and wiring the pins up to that but I have severe misgivings about chopping up a TG16 cover to do it even if it would clean up this electrical spaghetti.  :p

[pic removed for space efficiency]

What is that in the System? A Turbo EverDrive?

Yessir, and I LOVE it.  I never really intended to get a TG16 or collect for it just due to the prices for most stuff.  Then a TG16 just sort of fell into my hands (a couple pages back).  First thing I did was buy a Turbo Everdrive.  I won 2 controllers and  TurboTap on eBay but I haven't gotten them yet.  I've just been bumming my roommate's controller for now.

Nice job on the custom cable. retrogamecave.com also sells pre-built cables that are well built.

Thanks, it didn't turn out badly for my first one but I would make a few changes in the direction of the one you referenced if I were to make another.  I also have a lead on the 23x3 female connector that will plug in perfectly to the TG16 EXP port.  Then I could just wire up the pins I want and plug in the whole block.  I'll be revisting this for sure

« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 06:15:46 PM by Slowman » Logged

PSN - rswslowman
3DS - 1177-8481-5639
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5747 on: April 17, 2015, 06:33:02 PM »

Today's grab was a $3 thrift store AV cable that sacrificed itself for the greater good of supplying a higher quality audio/video signal from my TG16.  I have thought about installing RCA jacks into the rear cover and wiring the pins up to that but I have severe misgivings about chopping up a TG16 cover to do it even if it would clean up this electrical spaghetti.  :p

[pic removed for space efficiency]

What is that in the System? A Turbo EverDrive?

Yessir, and I LOVE it.  I never really intended to get a TG16 or collect for it just due to the prices for most stuff.  Then a TG16 just sort of fell into my hands (a couple pages back).  First thing I did was buy a Turbo Everdrive.  I won 2 controllers and  TurboTap on eBay but I haven't gotten them yet.  I've just been bumming my roommate's controller for now.

Thanks, it didn't turn out badly for my first one but I would make a few changes in the direction of the one you referenced if I were to make another.  I also have a lead on the 23x3 female connector that will plug in perfectly to the TG16 EXP port.  Then I could just wire up the pins I want and plug in the whole block.  I'll be revisting this for sure

Neat! I have an Everdrive 64, and I personally believe that the guy who makes these makes them of the highest quality! Smiley

Slowman
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #5748 on: April 17, 2015, 06:58:10 PM »

Yes, Krikzz.  I have a Famicom -> NES adapter from him as well which is housed in a cut-down US cartridge shell.  Works perfectly and boots every time.

PSN - rswslowman
3DS - 1177-8481-5639
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5749 on: April 17, 2015, 07:11:25 PM »

Got this California Games VCR Board Game today for 5.00.

* WP_20150417_002.jpg (292.69 KB, 1279x959 - viewed 197 times.)

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5750 on: April 17, 2015, 07:14:21 PM »

That looks wicked!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5751 on: April 17, 2015, 08:22:39 PM »

This came in the mail today.

Corny little backstory: 

My first arcade memory was of Quartet.  I was 5 or 6 years old (circa1989) and the arcade was at a KOA style camping place, which looking back on it was kind of strange...

Anyway years go by and I forget the name of the game (I probably never knew it to begin with).  But as I grew up I would frequently hum the tune of Stage 01, even well into my mid-20s.  I never saw the game in any other arcades and it was driving me crazy that I forgot the name of it since I was constantly humming the tune. 

But by happenstance I was watching The King of Kong and in the movie there was a 2 second clip of the game.  Immediately my eyes got wide and I ran to my computer.  I looked up the time stamp of where the game footage was in the documentary and BAM.  Quartet. 

At long last, 20 years of torture, I found the name of the game.  I looked it up on YouTube, found the soundtrack, listened to the Stage 01 track and the nostalgia hit me like nothing else.  It sounds pathetic but I was on the verge of tears finally listening to the song again after all this time.  Its like I was 5 years old again.

Finding the name of the game and hearing the song was ultimately my "Big Bang" that got me seriously interested in retro games again even though I didn't start building my collection for a few more years after that.  I dunno why I waited so long to buy a copy, but I'm glad I finally did.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:35:49 PM by RetroRage » Logged

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5752 on: April 17, 2015, 09:45:37 PM »

Got some swag from the Midwest Gaming Classic, all free courtesy of Nintendo!

* IMG_20150412_183618_hdr.jpg (499.24 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 201 times.)

* IMG_20150414_173754_rewind.jpg (671.46 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 219 times.)

* IMG_20150416_062823_rewind.jpg (725.93 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 212 times.)

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5753 on: April 18, 2015, 01:58:05 AM »

Love the Quartet story Retro!

Awesome swag Shaggy!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5754 on: April 18, 2015, 09:21:55 AM »

Love the Quartet story Retro!

Awesome swag Shaggy!

The kids dug the Mario flags.  I love the Mario Party 10 store display.  Funny story about that.  A buddy I was with said did you get the Mario Kart 8 poster and I told him no.  He showed me the poster and I was like the kids will love this!  I'll go after lunch and get one.  So after lunch I go in the Nintendo room and ask the guy about the poster.  He said that they were all out, which one were you looking for.  I said Mario Kart 8 and he said we didn't have Mario Kart 8 but they had Smash Brothers and Mario Party 10.  I said I would take any one.  He hands me this unopened cardboard box with a shipping label from Nintendo.  I'm guessing that that was the last one and he was going to take it for himself.  I'm like sweet!  So I'm thinking it's a box of ten posters.  I couldn't wait to get home to open it.  I opened the damn thing and I peed my pants!!  It's a damn brand new store display.  Awesome!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5755 on: April 18, 2015, 11:20:21 AM »

Hey all got this stuff yesterday..and then I found a game I bought in Florida still in my car haha its Fragile Dreams

DVD Rack - $1.00

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5756 on: April 18, 2015, 11:29:34 AM »

That looks wicked!!

Yeah, I am not sure what attracts me to buy oddball things, like this.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5757 on: April 18, 2015, 02:09:51 PM »

The theme of PS3 and NES continues, as that's all I've got.

All of these are from 99gamers except GOWIII which I grabbed at Gamestop.

These are from 99gamers except TWINE which was bargain bin from Digital Press.

W&W is from 99gamers. Rad Racer and the NES Max are from Digital Press. I know everyone hates the NES Max but I always loved it as a kid. The secret is to ignore that thumb slider thingy and just use the black ring as your d-pad. I grabbed this mostly because I need the turbo to cheat in Crash N' the Boys.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #5758 on: April 18, 2015, 02:32:25 PM »

Trying to get back into the habit of posting my scores.  Here's some stuff I grabbed recently.  As you can see, I've been getting into the arcade compilations lately.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

troy78
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #5759 on: April 18, 2015, 08:30:09 PM »

Recently picked up the Capcom compilations, great mix of games.
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length