RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:31:53 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 197121 times)
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1920 on: October 29, 2014, 07:56:24 AM »

Sunset Overdrive - So far I'm loving it!

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1921 on: October 29, 2014, 02:55:17 PM »

started up Geist on gamecube a few days ago for a spooky game to end the month on, it's really great so far. if anyone likes creepy games and/or first person shooters they should definitely check it out.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1922 on: October 29, 2014, 08:49:05 PM »

HAUNTED PAINT CAN!
HAUNTED SHOWER!

Geist was a great game. It was the first game i bought on super crazy discount at TRU and the cashiers couldn't believe it was rining up for 8$s when the sticker was either 50 or 60 (can't remember for sure now)

Still slowly plugging away at Puzzle Quest and Project Spark.
One is now going MUCH slower than the other.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1923 on: October 30, 2014, 03:28:46 AM »

Ghostscape (WP7) - Now for my second run.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1924 on: November 01, 2014, 05:49:17 AM »

Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (XB) - This was an ok action game, but I definitely like my Castlevania games in 2D Tongue

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #1925 on: November 01, 2014, 01:11:37 PM »

Beat Persona 4. Going through it blind I, of course, didn't get a satisfactory ending. I want to jump right in and do a new game + but its hard to justify with a such a huge backlog...

Also playing Bayonetta and the new Chantae game. I always seem to enjoy Wayforward's game as of late.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1926 on: November 01, 2014, 05:35:20 PM »

Beat Persona 4. Going through it blind I, of course, didn't get a satisfactory ending.

Did you get one of the bad endings or just the normal ending? If it was a bad ending, I'm sorry to hear it. Sucks to have that happen after dumping so much time into a game.

Have you played Persona 3? After reflecting on it for over a week since finishing P4 I must say I think Persona 3 is a far superior game in almost every way.

As for me I finished Dead Space 2 today. It was awesome. What I liked about it was what people didn't like about it. It was more of a corridor shooter than a survival horror game. If Dead Space 3 is just more so, I'm all for it and can't wait to play that one too. Yeah, I get that when a game like Dead Space comes out and is heralded as a return to form of the genre, only to become a Gears of War clone by its third iteration, that bugs fans. But like I said, sometimes I'm in the mood for a corridor shooter and if it's a Dead Space flavored corridor shooter complete with the overpowered Ripper (which changes the mood from "Oh shit, they're coming!" to "COME AND GET SOME!") then I'm quite okay with it. We all know it happens with all of these franchises. It shouldn't come as a surprise anymore.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1927 on: November 01, 2014, 06:13:29 PM »

I BEAT DARK SOULS!!!

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1928 on: November 01, 2014, 06:21:16 PM »

been playing super metroid for the community playthroughs, man screw ridley

edit: beat it!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 09:46:10 PM by techwizard » Logged
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1929 on: November 02, 2014, 07:45:23 AM »

Woke up early and even got an extra hour because of daylight savings to continue The World Ends With You. I'm more than halfway through, and I'm kind of at the "ok, I get it." point where I just want to push through the rest of the game just to finish the story. Plus, games on the DS where you have to go nuts on the bottom screen make me nervous that I'm going to scratch the thing.

So I needed a new console game to play this morning too. After a little bit of analysis paralysis and looking up like twenty games on howlongtobeat, I settled on the original Drakengard for PS2. I'm looking forward to playing the third game, and even though I played Nier I figured I should experience an earlier game from the main series. I made a good decision. This game is fun as hell. Running around on the ground hacking and slashing with multiple weapons and magic, and you can also call your dragon and fly around toasting stuff with what are basically Star Fox 64 flying and shooting mechanics. Plus it's broken up into short (5-10 minute) missions, so you frequently feel like you're making real progress. Now to get back to it! 

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1930 on: November 02, 2014, 12:11:51 PM »

Earthworm Jim HD (WP7) - This is why touch controls aren't good for action games right here....

Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1931 on: November 02, 2014, 02:01:18 PM »

I beat Sunset Overdrive this morning. I have nothing but good things to say about this game.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1932 on: November 03, 2014, 10:12:26 AM »

I recently finished The Evil Within and Corpse Party.  Despite its flaws, The Evil Within was awesome, screw the naysayers.  Corpse Party was interesting for what it was, but a walkthrough is a necessity for this game.

I also just started System Shock 2 for the community playthrough.  After a rough start, I'm really enjoying it.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1933 on: November 03, 2014, 10:50:11 AM »

Earthworm Jim HD (WP7) - This is why touch controls aren't good for action games right here....

Besides the controls, is it any good? I've been putting it off.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1934 on: November 03, 2014, 12:58:13 PM »

I also just started System Shock 2 for the community playthrough.  After a rough start, I'm really enjoying it.

I watched a video about the first System Shock (from Ancient DOS Games) to get pumped.  I've watched the intro video, adjusted the controls (I need A and D to be strafe) and walked the first few steps in before saving.

I also really need to get pics for The Real Texas, as well as start Septerra Core (never played it before).  So many old PC and DOS games to play...

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length