RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:16:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | November Modern Community Playthrough - Max Payne 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: November Modern Community Playthrough - Max Payne 3  (Read 27284 times)
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 03:49:04 PM »

I'm already too excited Wink

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2013, 05:08:23 PM »

i'll be putting up the retro checkpoints tonight at midnight (probably north american Central Time, because that's about when i get home from work). why not do the same for modern so grayghost doesn't have a fit? Grin
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2013, 05:32:56 PM »

Installing it on my laptop now. Still have no idea how it ever ran on my aged desktop. Was just hella optimized I guess (unlike GTA 4)

Looks to be running good on the lappy. Had to sit through the stupid intro (drunk, sad, drunk, drunk, sad, drunk, drugged, drunk, sad x5) before I could change my settings.

Guess I'll wait for tomorrow to get started
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 08:07:12 PM by The Infinite Leon » Logged

When shall his new form be revealed?
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2013, 07:21:40 AM »

Had to sit through the stupid intro (drunk, sad, drunk, drunk, sad, drunk, drugged, drunk, sad x5) before I could change my settings.

You ain't seen nothing yet. This version of Max takes self-loathing to new heights, or better said, lows.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2013, 09:56:26 AM »

Had to sit through the stupid intro (drunk, sad, drunk, drunk, sad, drunk, drugged, drunk, sad x5) before I could change my settings.

You ain't seen nothing yet. This version of Max takes self-loathing to new heights, or better said, lows.

Nailed it! Max is a broken man, and this games make sure you're well aware of that fact.

EDIT

Since this game is conveniently broken up into chapters all the checkpoints are up. Have fun guys!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 10:12:15 AM by Fleach » Logged

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2013, 11:19:38 PM »

I reached Week 1's Checkpoint without too much trouble. There were a couple scenes at the stadium that were too much for me, but I just hold back the urge to burst in guns blazing and I tend to do fine. I played for about an hour and 45 minutes.

It's fun to be revisiting this game. I'm picking up on things I didn't the first time and I think the discussions will be really fun this game as there are many deeper meanings and messages especially in Max's monologues.

shoes23
Legendary AFK'er
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2013, 11:36:13 PM »

I haven't played this one before, but really enjoyed the first two games in the series.  The original Max Payne is only one of a handful of games that I taken the time to play through multiple times on multiple difficulty settings.  I just bought a new PC copy on eBay for $20, opting to wait a few days for shipping to have a physical copy rather than a Steam download.  I'll join in the discussion in a few days.... 

www.questmarker.net
[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/shoes23.png[/img]
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2013, 11:52:50 PM »

picked up a copy of this! i'll start sometime soon.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2013, 07:44:42 AM »

I haven't played this one before, but really enjoyed the first two games in the series.  The original Max Payne is only one of a handful of games that I taken the time to play through multiple times on multiple difficulty settings.  I just bought a new PC copy on eBay for $20, opting to wait a few days for shipping to have a physical copy rather than a Steam download.  I'll join in the discussion in a few days.... 

From what I read the PC version is either a maxed out version or a poor port. I'm eager to hear what your thoughts are.

picked up a copy of this! i'll start sometime soon.

I'd love to be playing this on PS3, but I bought the game back when all I had was a 360. How does this version play? I find on the 360 Max moves as if he's wading through pudding and I don't find the 360 controller's sticks don't move as freely as PS3's.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2013, 10:10:27 PM »

Played just a bit. Got through the first chapter and am mid way through the second. Forgot how good the gameplay was.

The story is vaguely interesting, good set piece (Baghdad with g-strings), but it seems a little campy at least from what I have reseen and can recall of it from my first playthrough.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 10:24:42 PM by The Infinite Leon » Logged

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2013, 10:28:53 AM »

Played just a bit. Got through the first chapter and am mid way through the second. Forgot how good the gameplay was.

The story is vaguely interesting, good set piece (Baghdad with g-strings), but it seems a little campy at least from what I have reseen and can recall of it from my first playthrough.

I kind of agree with you there. My first playthrough was certainly more entertaining.

InvadErGII
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2013, 11:19:37 PM »

I've played the first 2 Max Paynes but never got around to playing this one. Played through a chapter and a half tonight...it seems pretty fun! A couple of early impressions:

- I said I played this, but I feel like I was watching it more than anything. Lots of cutscenes...these aren't bad or anything, but I hope that the frequency of them doesn't stay like this. I'm also assuming that chapter 1 is unusually short. Because it was really short.

- Super gore close ups! WHAAAAT

- That flash forward at the very beginning was super intense. Looking forward to seeing how we get to that from here.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2013, 11:22:33 PM »

The beginning is heavy on the cutscenes, but that only lasts for the first two chapters. There will be more hands-on time as you go.

Also, I love that flash forward at the very beginning.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2013, 11:26:00 PM »

I looooove the gore physics. Nothing better than on contact blood spurting wounds...

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2013, 10:28:11 PM »

Finished the first section. Nothing gave me much trouble except for the one VIP room in the coliseum where the dudes continuously charge you from both sides of the initial cover. My usual bullet time heavy spray and pray doesn't work so well there.

Once you memorize the pattern it's not bad though.

I do wish Raul was a little less worthless. Like when you have to snipe all the dudes off him he just cowers like a bitch while when HE covers you you have to do all the work. Not even that big a deal since it's more fun to do the work, but it's just an appearance thing. Hell, maybe that's what R* was going for.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length