RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:16:50 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | November Modern Community Playthrough - Max Payne 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: November Modern Community Playthrough - Max Payne 3  (Read 27298 times)
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2013, 04:09:21 PM »

Played on a bit. Got to the Panama canal bit. Stuck on the part where you come out the front of the boat and there's like six guys on the deck and four on the bank and there's zero cover and I don't have any painkillers.

I'm pretty sure if you die too many times you will eventually start respawning with extra painkillers.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2013, 04:35:15 PM »

Played on a bit. Got to the Panama canal bit. Stuck on the part where you come out the front of the boat and there's like six guys on the deck and four on the bank and there's zero cover and I don't have any painkillers.

I'm pretty sure if you die too many times you will eventually start respawning with extra painkillers.

Yeah, but I hate using that as a crutch.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2013, 04:43:46 PM »

Just keep at Leon. Eventually, after dying enough you'll re-spawn with painkillers. It's a cheap strategy, but it works.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2013, 11:16:56 PM »

Was feeling particularly "with it" today and blew through the boat part and on into the Organ Donor building. Last time the roof (when the building starts blowing up) gave me a ton of problems, but this time I did it second try with just one painkiller (I think using the RPK helped too).

Love the easter egg with the piano where Max plays the theme from MP2 and seems to have a moment's solace.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2013, 12:33:25 AM »

The heavies in this game always give me trouble. The guy at the end of the organ harvesting building got me so frustrated because I couldn't target his head. Finally used bullet time and was able to take him out. I found the Panama Canal scene much easier this time around. That easter egg was so nice. It's so peaceful and lets you get into Max's emotional side.

Does anyone playing 360 version to be buggy? I've had three glitches so far: a helicopter sound during a cutscene that only went away after pausing; dark image that was fixed after after pausing; and getting stuck in "cover walk" while not in cover which only is fixed by randomly pressing buttons.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2013, 12:52:34 AM »

The heavies in this game always give me trouble. The guy at the end of the organ harvesting building got me so frustrated because I couldn't target his head. Finally used bullet time and was able to take him out. I found the Panama Canal scene much easier this time around. That easter egg was so nice. It's so peaceful and lets you get into Max's emotional side.

Does anyone playing 360 version to be buggy? I've had three glitches so far: a helicopter sound during a cutscene that only went away after pausing; dark image that was fixed after after pausing; and getting stuck in "cover walk" while not in cover which only is fixed by randomly pressing buttons.

Yeah I remember the heavy on top of the building being a pain, but this time I bullet timed and RPK'd him in his head with every shot, which knocked off his helmet, and then the next few shot killed him. Not sure if it was a glitch or what but it was easy.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2013, 04:38:20 PM »

I just finished Max Payne 3.  As I suspected, this game was far more enjoyable on Normal setting instead of Hard.  I hated this game on my first playthrough because of how frustrating it was.  Playing it again on Normal proved to me that this is indeed a well crafted and enjoyable third-person shooter.  There were a few areas that gave me some trouble and started to become frustrating, but these spots only took me a few tries to get through opposed to the dozens of tries it would take me on hard.

As a big action movie fan, this game really tapped into that and many times made me feel like I was playing an action movie.  Lots of cheesy dialog and over the top action set pieces that always bring a smile to my face  Smiley

I really enjoyed this game and am looking forward to seeing what the next community playthrough will be!

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2013, 12:08:18 AM »

Just finished it myself. With the exception of the silly and unintuitive fights with the heavies, I really really enjoyed it, probably more than my first time through a couple years back. I can't wait for more Max Payne, and really just wish more action adventure games felt so polished and were so much fun.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2014, 12:55:11 AM »

I know this is coming very late, but I'm happy I still found this video as it's very fitting to the discussions we had about the game and its themes.

I think I'll try to include these analysis videos in future playthroughs.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length