RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:18:14 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Community Playthrough Suggestion Thread 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37 Print
Author Topic: Community Playthrough Suggestion Thread  (Read 206603 times)
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #180 on: June 22, 2014, 12:34:16 PM »

That would make it a week for each SMB game, that would be pretty sweet. SMW I have beaten before and would love to play again. It was the second game I ever conquered. The first being Mega Man 2.

Speaking of Mega Man...ha ha. No...nevermind...Wink

I'd love to do a Mega Man month too.  I hope there's more interest for the series in the coming months.

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #181 on: June 22, 2014, 09:32:07 PM »

Always down for Mega Man as well. We've got a pretty good list of potentials right now.
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #182 on: June 22, 2014, 10:50:30 PM »

I meant the Mega man thing as a joke...I haven't played them often, but I have the WORST time with Mega man games, It is probably just a lack of identifying the patterns, but overall, I stink at old school mega man. Mega man 9 has been nearly impossible for me to even start and I know a few stages of the original 6 NES Mega man games have caused some frustration in their day.

That being said...I would be up to the challenge if we decided to do a run and could participate thanks to the AWESOME Mega man anniversary collection for the 'Cube.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 11:02:32 AM by Boshamp » Logged

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #183 on: June 22, 2014, 11:09:03 PM »

I've always had the same experience with the Mega Man games.  I suck at them.  I'm sure it's just a lack of practice though since I've never spent too much time with these games.

I'd still totally be up for a Mega Man month though.  What better way to get into the series than with a community playthrough?

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #184 on: June 24, 2014, 06:06:26 AM »

How about Kaizo Mario for a playthrough?

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #185 on: June 25, 2014, 01:53:21 PM »

I tore through Crono Trigger this winter, but this will give me a chance to get every ending. I'm also into Mega Man month too.
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #186 on: June 25, 2014, 04:20:14 PM »

How does anyone feel about something involving Sonic for retro?

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #187 on: June 25, 2014, 04:26:05 PM »

How does anyone feel about something involving Sonic for retro?

I believe Sonic '06 would be a modern title, dispite its timeless appeal.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #188 on: June 25, 2014, 04:39:31 PM »

I was more thinking either a set 1, 2, 3 type of run, or maybe think outside the box and just do a grab-bag of all the retro titles and give our opinions as we go through some of them. I couldn't count all the sonic games out there on all 21 of my digits.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #189 on: June 25, 2014, 08:30:42 PM »

Yes, yes, and yes!

I was raised on Sonic games.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #190 on: June 25, 2014, 09:19:47 PM »

sonic adventure would be cool too but i'm down with probably any sonic as well haha

the classics never fail for a good time
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #191 on: June 28, 2014, 11:25:18 PM »

Just putting the idea out there, but how would you feel about playing a Pokemon game using the Nuzlocke challenge rules?

In a nutshell the rules are: you must name every Pokemon you catch, you can only catch the first Pokemon you encounter in each area, and if a Pokemon faints it is considered dead (must be released). I also think it would be fun to let the first letter of someone's username dictate which starter they choose (eg. A-H: starter 1, I-P: starter 2, Q-Z: starter 3).

What do you think of this for a community playthrough?

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #192 on: June 28, 2014, 11:34:43 PM »

Just putting the idea out there, but how would you feel about playing a Pokemon game using the Nuzlocke challenge rules?

In a nutshell the rules are: you must name every Pokemon you catch, you can only catch the first Pokemon you encounter in each area, and if a Pokemon faints it is considered dead (must be released). I also think it would be fun to let the first letter of someone's username dictate which starter they choose (eg. A-H: starter 1, I-P: starter 2, Q-Z: starter 3).

potential for awesome, though the rules might need some clarifying. what happens if you go through all the areas and all your pokemon "die"? are you allowed to go back and catch a new one for each one that died, or is the game considered lost at that point?
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #193 on: June 29, 2014, 08:15:16 AM »

That would be considered a game over. These rules are basically to make a hard mode for Pokemon.

You can find more info here: http://bulbapedia.bulbaga...t/wiki/Nuzlocke_Challenge

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #194 on: June 29, 2014, 10:34:05 AM »

Im out. lol

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length