RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:33:19 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Community Playthrough Suggestion Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37 Print
Author Topic: Community Playthrough Suggestion Thread  (Read 206491 times)
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2013, 12:22:37 PM »

just a heads up, we (especially me) really have our eyes set on the january retro playthrough being something N64 Wink but a poll will be going up in a day or so to decide which game specifically. i'm narrowing it down to 5 n64 options, with a 6 option as "other" and for that you can add a comment with your suggestion. if "other" wins out and there are more people requesting a non-n64 title then we'll go with whatever the people want, but i'm hoping we can get an n64 title going soon Smiley
I like N64, but I haven't owned one in 15 years and aside from the early releases, I'm completely unfamiliar with it's library. Hope to play a new (to me) one!
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2013, 12:28:37 PM »

On the modern side, Fleach and I are looking to do something from the Playstation 2 and/or original XBox. Anyone have any favorites or games they'd like to see featured from those platforms?

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2013, 12:32:41 PM »

I've been meaning to replay MGS 3. Though that would do away with the X-Bawks side of things.

When shall his new form be revealed?
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2013, 12:34:03 PM »

I've been meaning to replay MGS 3. Though that would do away with the X-Bawks side of things.

Not a bad suggestion anyway with all the new re-releases.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2013, 01:55:13 PM »

I love the original Metal Gear on the NES and even considered that for a playthrough.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2013, 03:46:18 PM »

On the modern side, Fleach and I are looking to do something from the Playstation 2 and/or original XBox. Anyone have any favorites or games they'd like to see featured from those platforms?
Dark Cloud on PS2 was a great game. Also, Neo Contra, and to a lesser extent - only because I've never met anyone who's played it - Extermination.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 03:48:22 PM by Dezorian » Logged
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2013, 03:47:48 PM »

I love the original Metal Gear on the NES and even considered that for a playthrough.
Good game. That would definitely get people talking and asking questions. Along with Castlevania II, I think it's one of the few games that are literally impossible without a guide or some kind of help.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2013, 03:51:06 PM »

Good game. That would definitely get people talking and asking questions. Along with Castlevania II, I think it's one of the few games that are literally impossible without a guide or some kind of help.

Eh, beat it with no guide when I was 12. Smiley  It can be done.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2013, 07:37:19 PM »

I would also be interested in a future attempt at Metal Gear. I own it but haven't ever given it any serious effort. Castlevania II was another game like that for me and October actually motived me into playing, from beginning to end, for the first time ever. 

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2013, 08:35:29 AM »

Metal Gear is on my Want-To-Play list, but I'd be disappointed to find out it's not my kind of game after paying retail price. If I found it in the wild I wouldn't mind.

Great suggestion though. I'll vouch for it.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2013, 12:21:37 PM »

Probably a tough sell, but the first Ys.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2013, 01:09:26 PM »

Looks like a Metal Gear themed month would be pretty popular. Maybe we could do the NES game and one of the Solids in the same month, or Revengeance to switch it up, as I haven't played that one yet and it's pretty cheap now.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2013, 01:49:33 PM »

Probably a tough sell, but the first Ys.

This game is on a LOT of different systems, so would at least bring up some interesting discussion about the differences.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2013, 03:18:22 PM »

Agreed Duke. You have: SMS, PS2, TurboCD, Saturn, PSP, and DS to get this game on. Im just looking for an excuse since I got the Ys I & II collection with my TurboDuo from Crabby last month. Plus I own it on SMS as well.

JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2013, 10:58:14 AM »

Eh, beat it with no guide when I was 12. Smiley  It can be done.
On NES....with no help....when you were 12?! You must be Doogie Howser.

I'll vouch for a MG NES playthrough any day.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length