RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:31:06 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Community Playthrough Suggestion Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37 Print
Author Topic: Community Playthrough Suggestion Thread  (Read 206572 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #480 on: August 19, 2015, 02:57:10 PM »

[img width=537 height=386]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/016/8/5/uh_meme_by_gumwolf-d5rpqr0.png[/img]

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #481 on: August 19, 2015, 02:58:56 PM »

@Shadow: The meme sort of turns in on itself once you realize that Silent Service was developed/ported for NES by Rare.

I thought it was by Ultra.............................. ULTRA RARE!!!!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #482 on: August 19, 2015, 05:18:26 PM »

Original Developer: MicroProse
NES Port: Rare
Publisher: Ultra
Distributor: Konami

...did I mention how silly it was that additional publishing arms had to be formed to work around the release limitations for publishers for Nintendo?

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #483 on: August 20, 2015, 06:37:39 AM »

@Shadow: The meme sort of turns in on itself once you realize that Silent Service was developed/ported for NES by Rare.

Made by Rare?  No way!  Has anyone actually played it?  Is it any good?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #484 on: August 20, 2015, 09:03:46 PM »

Due to it's extreme value, I am afraid to insert my copy into my NES for fear of damage.

FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #485 on: August 21, 2015, 05:18:04 AM »

Just putting a suggestion in. Apologies if it's been asked for or actually played.

Super Ghouls n Ghosts - SNES / Super Famicom

Cheers  Grin
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #486 on: August 21, 2015, 06:00:15 AM »

Due to it's extreme value, I am afraid to insert my copy into my NES for fear of damage.

But don't you own 5 copies?  Can't you spare one of them?

SMS set complete!
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #487 on: November 19, 2015, 01:31:05 PM »

I have 2 suggestions that I've been thinking about for a while, both competition based...

Idea 1 - An NES black box month. 3 black box games and then a royal rumble week; Pinball, Kung Fu, Urban Champion, Balloon Fight, Clu-Clu Land, etc. Tons of games to choose from.

Idea 2 - NWC (nuff said)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #488 on: November 19, 2015, 02:30:35 PM »

I have 2 suggestions that I've been thinking about for a while, both competition based...

Idea 1 - An NES black box month. 3 black box games and then a royal rumble week; Pinball, Kung Fu, Urban Champion, Balloon Fight, Clu-Clu Land, etc. Tons of games to choose from.

Idea 2 - NWC (nuff said)

I like these ideas. I think the first is a little more doable budget-wise. The NWC repro carts can be tough to obtain at times and I'm pretty sure they are fairly expensive ($75 and temporarily out of stock on USB).

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #489 on: November 20, 2015, 11:18:56 AM »

The NWC repro carts can be tough to obtain at times and I'm pretty sure they are fairly expensive ($75 and temporarily out of stock on USB).
Sorry, I didn't mean the actual cart. Just meant SMB, Rad Racer, and Tetris. But on second thought, maybe it's not a great idea for a weekly based competition. I think that competition was based on a short time limit and I'm not sure how that could translate to a week long thing.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 11:23:35 AM by JerryGreenwood » Logged
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #490 on: December 18, 2015, 01:23:39 PM »

Crystalis, Willow, Codename: Viper, Final Fight games, TMNT games

SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #491 on: December 18, 2015, 01:32:05 PM »

Crystallis and Willow are super solid picks!  I'd say that Codename: Viper is super similar to the Rolling Thunder series and I'm not sure it could sustain an entire month by itself. The Final Fight games (other than the first) are too expensive, but it might fit nicely into a December beat em up competition, so worth considering. "TMNT games" is a little too vague, tons of titles. Thanks for the suggestions!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #492 on: December 18, 2015, 05:42:19 PM »

Crystallis and Willow are super solid picks!  I'd say that Codename: Viper is super similar to the Rolling Thunder series and I'm not sure it could sustain an entire month by itself. The Final Fight games (other than the first) are too expensive, but it might fit nicely into a December beat em up competition, so worth considering. "TMNT games" is a little too vague, tons of titles. Thanks for the suggestions!

Another one is Robin Hood for the NES.  Final Fight I was thinking the same, could cost a bit but could also be a December thing.  For TMNT I was thinking the original NES one and Turtles II, III, and IV as a December thing.  Code Name: Viper I was thinking could be mashed with something else.  It's is probably on the fence as to if it can sustain a full month.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 05:50:41 PM by shaggy » Logged

SMS set complete!
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #493 on: February 25, 2016, 12:14:26 PM »

For TMNT I was thinking the original NES one and Turtles II, III, and IV as a December thing.

This is a fantastic idea and I would like to second, third, fourth, and fifth it please!  It will give me a good excuse to seek out The Manhattan Project, since it has eluded me in the wild thus far Grin

Question: when did the playthroughs become just a single game, no division between retro and modern?  I wanted to participate in the January play through, though I didn't find the time, but February and March are both newer games I don't have, and am not going to rush out and buy, so I'm wondering why the change, and whether or not we're going to see some retro stuff later in the year, or even some 6th gen stuff that's easy to get, but perhaps more "under the radar".

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #494 on: February 25, 2016, 12:25:01 PM »

We announced the change to one game last December on the front page and in our podcast. Two games were becoming a lot to juggle each month and we also wanted to improve the quality of our podcast, which I think has definitely improved with the four of us on together.

We are definitely still doing retro games and not to spoil to much, but you can expect one in March. Wink It always won't be an alternating schedule, and some months we may play multiple titles like we did with Mario.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length