RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:52:47 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Community Playthrough Suggestion Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37 Print
Author Topic: Community Playthrough Suggestion Thread  (Read 205774 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #450 on: June 02, 2015, 08:43:08 PM »

I was thinking of this the other day. How about Punch-Out!!? Either Mike Tyson or Mr. Dream, depending on what you have.

It may sound like a quick one, but what about a scoreboard where people could post their best times for each opponent?

Maybe add in Super Punchout as well.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #451 on: June 02, 2015, 08:44:22 PM »

Why not engineer mike whats un appealing about it to you? You also said you wouldnt play mass effect...just curious what exactly WOULD you like to play?

Ys

Mike, I grabbed a CIB Famicom Ys not long ago. May have to search for a R5 translation patch. Wink

Speaking of Community Playthroughs no one would participate in, I'd be down for a Famicom Ys playthrough.

I would play along on my TurboCD port.

Ys also available on the DS.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #452 on: June 02, 2015, 08:45:14 PM »

Why not engineer mike whats un appealing about it to you? You also said you wouldnt play mass effect...just curious what exactly WOULD you like to play?

Ys

Mike, I grabbed a CIB Famicom Ys not long ago. May have to search for a R5 translation patch. Wink

Speaking of Community Playthroughs no one would participate in, I'd be down for a Famicom Ys playthrough.

PSP version is better.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #453 on: June 03, 2015, 10:24:36 AM »

Ys

PSP version is better.

Plenty of options!!!

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #454 on: June 03, 2015, 03:11:02 PM »

As for Dreamcast, if we were to do a playthrough game, my vote would be for Bangai-O

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #455 on: June 04, 2015, 07:55:59 PM »

Did someone say Ys?

http://www.gog.com/promo/...tions_of_ys_bundle_040615

Neo
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #456 on: June 06, 2015, 07:38:57 PM »

Punch out would be cool. I'd be up foy ys too. I've never really heard much about that game seems like a lot of people on here have. What am I missing here? Whats ys like?

There is no Spoon - Neo
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #457 on: June 06, 2015, 08:22:15 PM »

Punch out would be cool. I'd be up foy ys too. I've never really heard much about that game seems like a lot of people on here have. What am I missing here? Whats ys like?

I think these guys sum it up pretty well:

Anyway, Ys is something we're looking into and we hope to make it happen somewhere down the road.  There are so many different versions and remakes of the game, so we're still trying to decide how to make it all work.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #458 on: June 09, 2015, 09:07:41 PM »

I feel Ys is often underestimated. I rank it as being just as important to the RPG genre as Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest. The series just never caught on to North American audiences as much as it did in Japan.

Ys plays more like a Zelda game with a ridiculously easy "bump-attack" combat system, instead of timing with sword and shield. Health in the game regenerates automatically, instead of health power-ups. You still grind and level up your character, but there is no turn-based fights, and no party. It's just you (Adol) Vs. the baddies.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #459 on: June 10, 2015, 07:38:12 AM »

I really want to play Ys as well. I think the confusion the hosting guys are facing relates to the numerous versions of the game. Feel free PM us all with the details and we'll donor best to make it happen.

EDIT

I spoke with banana and it looks like Ys is coming in the near future and all platforms are accepted.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 08:00:12 AM by Fleach » Logged

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #460 on: July 21, 2015, 01:37:22 PM »

I may be wrong, as I haven't been following this too closely, but has an Original Xbox Game been done yet? If not, might I suggest one of the following:

Shenmue II
Ninja Gaiden Black
Far Cry Instincts
Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
Fatal Frame 2
Shadow The Hedgehog

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #461 on: July 21, 2015, 01:54:21 PM »

I may be wrong, as I haven't been following this too closely, but has an Original Xbox Game been done yet? If not, might I suggest one of the following:

Shenmue II
Ninja Gaiden Black
Far Cry Instincts
Fatal Frame 2
Shadow The Hedgehog

You are correct in that we have not featured an XBox exclusive game yet, but we did do Xyanide last December during shmup month. We are playing Indigo Prophecy in September, which is available on XBox and PS2.  I'm glad you mentioned it, since we have been looking at some of the systems we've yet to play on to see what might be of interest to the community.

Just comments on a few of these choices:
Shenmue II - a little pricey for what we normally like play, plus I'd probably like to play the original as a playthrough first
Fatal Frame II - I know this is available on XBox and PS2, is this they kind of game we would need to play the original first as well?

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #462 on: July 21, 2015, 01:57:02 PM »

Shenmue II
Ninja Gaiden Black
Far Cry Instincts
Fatal Frame 2
Shadow The Hedgehog

You are correct in that we have not featured an XBox exclusive game yet, but we did do Xyanide last December during shmup month. We are playing Indigo Prophecy in September, which is available on XBox and PS2.  I'm glad you mentioned it, since we have been looking at some of the systems we've yet to play on to see what might be of interest to the community.

Just comments on a few of these choices:
Shenmue II - a little pricey for what we normally like play, plus I'd probably like to play the original as a playthrough first
Fatal Frame II - I know this is available on XBox and PS2, is this they kind of game we would need to play the original first as well?

Sorry, I wasn't aware Shenmue II was on the more expensive side. As for Fatal Frame 2, it doesn't require knowledge of the first game as I recall. Thanks for taking the games into consideration! Smiley

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #463 on: July 21, 2015, 02:13:30 PM »

Fatal Frame wouldn't be a bad idea. Found out the newest version is going to be localized and available for the Wii U in Fall 2015 for US/UK/AUS, so it wouldn't be a bad time for it.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #464 on: July 23, 2015, 06:33:54 PM »

Fatal Frame wouldn't be a bad idea. Found out the newest version is going to be localized and available for the Wii U in Fall 2015 for US/UK/AUS, so it wouldn't be a bad time for it.

Yeah, I've been wanting to play Fatal Frame at some point. That's on the modern side though, so you gotta talk it up to those hooligans. Wink

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length