RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:36:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Community Playthrough Suggestion Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37 Print
Author Topic: Community Playthrough Suggestion Thread  (Read 206454 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #375 on: January 26, 2015, 12:18:15 PM »

Interesting. That's one of those games I see all the time, but have never played. I'll check out a video and add it to the ongoing list.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #376 on: January 26, 2015, 02:06:01 PM »

This may have already taken place prior to my involvement on the website, but I wouldn't mind seeing a beat 'em up month.

Hyperstone Heist/TMNT IV
Streets of Rage and its sequels
Final Fight

Umm. There are plenty others to choose from as well
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #377 on: January 26, 2015, 02:07:46 PM »

We did a Streets of Rage month last year. I think there is another beat 'em up coming soon, but I don't want to blow up someone else's spot.

zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #378 on: January 26, 2015, 02:41:48 PM »

We did a Streets of Rage month last year. I think there is another beat 'em up coming soon, but I don't want to blow up someone else's spot.

Well, that shows what I know! Thanks for the input GrayGhost
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #379 on: January 26, 2015, 02:54:52 PM »

[img width=700 height=481]http://nerdbacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/tmnt-iv-turtles-in-time-cover.jpg[/img]

?

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #380 on: January 26, 2015, 02:58:56 PM »

Well, that shows what I know! Thanks for the input GrayGhost

Disposed Hero's title is 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE. Wink

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #381 on: March 11, 2015, 12:27:30 PM »

Double Dragon series

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #382 on: March 12, 2015, 10:19:51 AM »

Double Dragon series
Ditto. It could've been great like the SoR competition but I don't think Double Dragon 3 keeps score. I would say the Ninja Gaiden series could offer something similar to the SoR competition, as long as people aren't cheesy and killing respawning enemies. The only difference is, I don't think many people would be able to finish any of the Ninja Gaiden games (including me).

@SirPsycho - Who are you Benedict Arnold? Teenage Mutant "Hero" Turtles?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 10:31:39 AM by JerryGreenwood » Logged
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #383 on: March 12, 2015, 10:31:01 AM »

We could start a "Let's Play This And See How Bad At Video Games We Are" series.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #384 on: March 12, 2015, 12:31:28 PM »

I love Super Double Dragon on the SNES.  One of my favorite games of all time, and my #1 favorite beat 'em up.  I would love to do a grab bag of classic beat 'em ups one month similar to the schmup playthrough, although it wouldn't necessarily have to be a competition.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #385 on: March 12, 2015, 12:39:34 PM »

Double Dragon series
Ditto. It could've been great like the SoR competition but I don't think Double Dragon 3 keeps score. I would say the Ninja Gaiden series could offer something similar to the SoR competition, as long as people aren't cheesy and killing respawning enemies. The only difference is, I don't think many people would be able to finish any of the Ninja Gaiden games (including me).

@SirPsycho - Who are you Benedict Arnold? Teenage Mutant "Hero" Turtles?

Ninja Gaiden is a great idea!  I love the NES series.

SMS set complete!
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #386 on: March 13, 2015, 10:19:54 AM »

We could start a "Let's Play This And See How Bad At Video Games We Are" series.
Lol. I think of myself as a pretty good gamer, but I might be the worst Battletoads player in the world. I'll probably be the only one who would be into this, but what about the Simpsons games on NES? (I can hear the crickets chirping already)

RE: beat'em ups - I like them all. I'm particularly fond of the Final Fight series, but I'm a bit of a Capcom fanboy.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #387 on: March 13, 2015, 10:30:06 AM »

I love Super Double Dragon on the SNES.  One of my favorite games of all time, and my #1 favorite beat 'em up.  I would love to do a grab bag of classic beat 'em ups one month similar to the schmup playthrough, although it wouldn't necessarily have to be a competition.

I like this idea. Play the games, but throw out the competition element. A grab bag would be pretty fun, but it would be tough to keep it cost effective. As you know, beat 'em ups are a pretty popular genre and their prices can get get up there. 

Our next quarterly game announcement for July - September's games will come in May. As I alluded to before, expect a certain, affordable and classic, beat 'em up series to be announced at that time. Sorry, not Turtles in Time.....

zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #388 on: March 13, 2015, 11:20:15 AM »

Now THAT is a playthrough challenge that I could win.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #389 on: March 13, 2015, 11:23:36 AM »

I like this idea. Play the games, but throw out the competition element. A grab bag would be pretty fun, but it would be tough to keep it cost effective. As you know, beat 'em ups are a pretty popular genre and their prices can get get up there. 

Our next quarterly game announcement for July - September's games will come in May. As I alluded to before, expect a certain, affordable and classic, beat 'em up series to be announced at that time. Sorry, not Turtles in Time.....

That one Square game that came out alongside the PS2's release...  The name fails me...

SMS set complete!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length