RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:36:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | What beer are you drinking? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: What beer are you drinking?  (Read 27118 times)
CKsGallery
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2015, 01:31:23 PM »

And nupoile, is that Monks Cafe Ale from Monks Cafe in Philadelphia or is it just coincidence? Did you try it yet, if so what did you think?
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2015, 08:17:00 PM »

Yes it is, uh, was. Beeradvocate.com says, "Brewed for Monk's Café in Philadelphia, but also available for retail purchase elsewhere."  Since I live in 'elsewhere' I acquired it there rather than Philly.
http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/48/10482/

Asking me to remember details about it though, haha, it was a while ago I had it....I remember it being pleasant, something I would happily have again. I can't say I'm an expert on sour beers, I've certainly had some but not many.

That is an impressive haul you got there. Ninkasi brewery is half an hour away from me (Tricerahops is soooo much a Northwest IPA by the way Smiley), Lagunitas is one of my favorite breweries, Allgash is a brewery I really want to tryout but haven't, some of those you got I've never seen before...which is saying something considering the variety of beer around here. Looks like you got a couple ciders too. And Kombucha, my wife never lets me get that because she thinks it's nasty, haha, I've never had any.
CKsGallery
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2015, 10:08:49 AM »

Thanks for the info Nupoile, I didnt realize this thread was a bit old. I live an hour from Philly and have Never seen that beer anywhere. I am however heading down to philly beer week next saturday and want to stop into Monk's for a Cantillon or 2, so maybe I will have to try that one as well. I am a fan of sours, well pretty much all beer actually.

I still have the Tricerahops in the fridge, will get to it this week, it was recommended to me by a bigger beer geek than I.
Lagunitas is probably my favorite "go to" brewery, every single beer I have had from them has never disappointed. 

Yea the reason we took the trip up to the Northeast is because of all of the beer you can only find in their respective state or region. And of course to get some Heady Topper(supposed best beer in the world http://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/top/), to me it wasnt... not even top 10,  and Hill Farmstead (supposed best brewery in US... and I can kinda agree with that).

I really need to get out to the Northwest, a lot of brews Id like to try but aren't available on the east coast.

The ciders & kombucha were for the wife, but I sampled them all as well. They were all pretty good, unlike the typical "cider" you get in the 6packs that are just filled with sugar. The Kombucha was amazing, so refreshing, but that was probably because of the 1.5% ABV, that was the first time I have tried a Kombucha.

This is my new favorite thread on here! Always like hearing new opinions on beers I have not had before. 

Cheers!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length