RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:26:12 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | What beer are you drinking? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: What beer are you drinking?  (Read 27117 times)
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« on: November 05, 2013, 10:26:16 AM »

I don't know how many sophisticated beer drinkers we have on the site but I thought it would be worth a shot.

Lately I've been enjoying several different Ommegang beers.  They are owned by Duvel and are Belgian in style.

Witte is an excellent hazy white that is an easy drink for anyone but very flavorful

Hennepin is a bubbly saison with a very unique taste.  Excellent with bar/bbq foods.

Three Philosphers is a Quadruple ale, very dark, and VERY good.  Probably my favorite dark beer in ever.  This is an after dinner sipping beer.

Even though many have never heard of Ommegang, they ship to 48 states so there is a good chance your local store carries them.  If you have a Whole Foods nearby, they all carry Ommegang.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 11:27:47 AM »

Had one of those Redd "ale's" last night. Tastes like crappy light beer they put too much grocery store apple juice in.

When shall his new form be revealed?
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 11:43:31 AM »

Had one of those Redd "ale's" last night. Tastes like crappy light beer they put too much grocery store apple juice in.

Yeah, too sweet for my taste.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 11:50:22 AM »

Drinking beer at 9 in the morning?

[img width=382 height=318]http://cdn.meme.li/i/llnt8.jpg[/img]

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 12:34:43 PM »

A local brewery recently canned their first beer.  It was an IPA that was already a favorite of mine in a growler, but the can made it even better.  Unfortunately, they won't be canning again for a while.  Sad
Dergatron9000
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 04:29:05 PM »

I've been drinking a lot of bintang (star) beer. Indonesian brand. Reminds me of molson canadian, light pilsner 4.7%. I prefer a lagar to ales though and I don't have the most refined beer palette. Mostly stick to the common peasant swill. I tried a brand called "tiger" whicis supposed to be the pride of singapore and have won awards. It tasted like watered down pilsner with an unpleasant finish like sucking on pennies. Bintang is by far the best asian beer I have ever tried
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 05:36:02 PM »

I tried 2 different pumpkin beers. Neither tasted like pumpkin both tasted like beer.
Somewhere between bud light and miller light. Beer does not interest me.

What liquors are you drinking?

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 05:46:34 PM »

Yeah I'm mostly off beer at the moment. All about the brandy. I drink Metaxa, Greek brandy.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 10:55:32 PM »

This is the swill I've been drinking lately:

[img width=700 height=525]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7391/10719141035_c2dd202307_o.jpg[/img]

That one on the left is unopened, so I guess that will be drank soon. This is from the last couple weeks, I don't normally drink more than one a day.

If you came over, I wouldn't make you drink this lowbrow stuff, we could pull some good things out of the cellar.

This is what living in the NW does to you, it's the mecca of the beer world.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 11:19:36 PM »

I work in a liquor store so this discussion is right up my alley.

In general I'm a sucker for Guinness. Just love it.

Tonight's beverage was Rickard's Cardigan. "Crafted for Fall, this delicious spiced beer holds hints of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and a touch of brown sugar."

[img width=700 height=933]http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o736/Fleach/20131106_231230_zpsa78e61a7.jpg[/img]

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 12:57:11 AM »

Haven't had a beer in going on two months. Just about time to get some more Warsteiner.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 02:14:11 PM »

Warsteiner is hard to beat when I want a dunkel.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 11:20:51 AM »

Wow, didn't realize we had so many beer drinkers here.  I've heard tales of Portland and the brewing scene in the North West and I can't wait to visit the area at some point.

As you can probably tell, I'm a big fan of Ommegang and other fine Belgians.  Just had their dark winter ale, Adoration.  Seriously, if you enjoy dark ales, you HAVE to find this.  One of the best dark winter spiced ales I've ever had.

Hoping for beer this Christmas.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 04:10:35 PM »

[img width=575 height=444]http://beerpulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/elysian-superfuzz-6pack.jpg[/img]

this fluid is worth putting in your mouth.

kaysow
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2013, 04:23:23 AM »

belgium's supposed to be the place for beer but i was always partial to denmark. carlsberg in particular.

tried one of those iron maiden troopers the other day, was surprisingly alright.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length