RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:30:19 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | December Retro Community Playthrough - Streets of Rage 1, 2 & 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Print
Author Topic: December Retro Community Playthrough - Streets of Rage 1, 2 & 3  (Read 34183 times)
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #165 on: December 20, 2013, 09:50:50 AM »

Yeah, Mona and Lisa are by far the hardest bosses I've encountered in the game so far.  I don't have a great strategy for beating them.  I just try to hit them as they are landing, which many times results in me getting kicked.  I also always use a special attack when one lifts the other into the air and is coming in for the jump kick.

I didn't have a problem at all with the mine carts.  The track that the cart is coming on will vibrate first, so it's pretty easy to know where not to stand as long as you pay attention.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #166 on: December 20, 2013, 10:29:20 AM »

Ah, never paid enough attention to notice that the track vibrates. Good call!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #167 on: December 20, 2013, 03:51:01 PM »

Yeah, Mona and Lisa are by far the hardest bosses I've encountered in the game so far.  I don't have a great strategy for beating them.  I just try to hit them as they are landing, which many times results in me getting kicked.  I also always use a special attack when one lifts the other into the air and is coming in for the jump kick.

I didn't have a problem at all with the mine carts.  The track that the cart is coming on will vibrate first, so it's pretty easy to know where not to stand as long as you pay attention.

I wait for one of them to flip over me and attack as soon  as they land behind me.  You have to wait for them to come to you, you can't really bring the fight to them.

I plan on getting a good 3 or 4 runs in tonight. I'll have a score posted for sure
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 03:56:52 PM by RetroRage » Logged

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #168 on: December 20, 2013, 04:01:07 PM »

Wife's family coming in town for the weekend. I'm really going to have to stay up late and cut back on the "holiday cheer" to get in any run this weekend.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #169 on: December 21, 2013, 09:15:04 PM »

High score: 63020

Pathetic i know.   This game is kicking my ass and with all the Christmas crap going on its hard to squeeze a good session in.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #170 on: December 21, 2013, 09:22:38 PM »

Yep, tough game. I might still have a run or two in me tonight. This may be the biggest game to improve in during Battle Royal

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #171 on: December 22, 2013, 09:11:02 AM »

Got in a few runs last night, but didn't score any better than before. However, I did make it further in the game.

RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #172 on: December 22, 2013, 07:34:28 PM »

I'm not surprised nobody beat SoR 3 by the end of this week.

But I'm sold on the game now.  It's not as bad as I first thought it was.  I wish the music was better, but I'm willing to look past the other minor gripes I had with the game.

I guess I felt the same way about SoR3 than I did about FF8.  FF7 was so good that I was comparing everything about 8 to 7 and I never gave it a chance.  But now in hindsight 8 isn't a bad game at all.  It's hard to break down those biases.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #173 on: December 22, 2013, 08:38:42 PM »

I think SoR3 is a pretty good game as well. I think the difficulty is the major reason people don't care for it.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #174 on: December 23, 2013, 09:51:59 AM »

Congrats to Disposed Hero for winning yet another week of SoR! Dude, give the rest of us a chance.

As you know, the remaining month is the Battle Royale. Improve your scores in any or all three of the games and earn points based on highest point total. Remember, there are still points to be earned by finishing games, finishing with no continues, and finishing with a partner. Good luck!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #175 on: December 23, 2013, 03:42:01 PM »

Current point totals were carried over for the Battle Royale and are now posted in the initial post.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #176 on: December 23, 2013, 06:45:05 PM »

Just wanted to jump in and mention this to you folks:
I was looking in the ESRB database for some rating descriptors for an old PC title and saw that 3D Streets of Rage for 3DS was just rated. Turns it out it released last week in the eShop!

http://www.joystiq.com/20...ia-streets-of-rage-3d-kn/

Enjoy. Wink

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #177 on: December 26, 2013, 07:39:48 PM »

I haven't had a chance to play any SoR the last few days due to the holidays and such, but I finally sat down with SoR 3 again today.  I made it all the way to the Stage 6 boss before using my first continue, and then proceeded to burn through the rest of my lives and continues on the last level.  Here's hoping I can finally beat it on my next playthrough.

Raised the bar a bit for SoR 3:

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #178 on: December 29, 2013, 05:24:11 PM »

A couple more attempts and I finally beat SoR 3.  Not surprisingly, I wasn't able to do it without using a continue, but I'm ok with that.

And with that, I am officially done with Streets of Rage for a while.  I had a lot of fun with this one, guys.  Good luck to the rest of you who are still playing!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #179 on: December 29, 2013, 06:09:15 PM »

That's awesome! Congrats!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length