RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:23:35 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Random Video Game Music 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Print
Author Topic: Random Video Game Music  (Read 106285 times)
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #210 on: May 30, 2018, 09:01:46 AM »

Man, I'm salivating for Curse of the Moon, and hope Inti Creates gets their act together in getting the console codes out to backers soon!

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #211 on: July 20, 2018, 02:51:02 PM »

I always get a kick out of it when I notice that a track from a video game sounds similar to a real song.  Was just listening to the TMNT (NES) soundtrack when I noticed a couple of similarities:

and

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #212 on: September 12, 2018, 11:29:01 PM »

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #213 on: September 13, 2018, 08:44:56 AM »

@Disposed Hero - that's very interesting about the TMNT tracks! I suspect some of the design team were fans of those bands, and those melody bits seeped into the songs, whether intentionally or not.

@SirPsycho - man, that's good stuff! It's too bad Thunder Force VI was so poorly received, and never got ported outside of Japan. I would love to see a series revival.

Speaking of Thunder Force.....

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #214 on: September 14, 2018, 11:09:17 PM »

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #215 on: October 03, 2018, 08:15:53 PM »

« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 08:48:29 PM by SirPsycho » Logged

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #216 on: October 04, 2018, 08:22:03 AM »

Good call, SirPsycho! I love the Raiden IV OST. I bought the GameStop edition of the Xbox 360 version that came with the CD soundtrack, and I played that a ton last year in my car.  Speaking of Raiden...

BobbiePeb
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #217 on: October 11, 2018, 06:47:33 AM »

@Disposed Hero - that's very interesting about the best probiotics and TMNT tracks! I suspect some of the design team were fans of those bands, and those melody bits seeped into the songs, whether intentionally or not.

@SirPsycho - man, that's good stuff! It's too bad Thunder Force VI was so poorly received, and never got ported outside of Japan. I would love to see a series revival.

Speaking of Thunder Force.....

Man, I forgot how great Raiden OSTs were. Thanks for reminding me. I have a CD of the Raiden IV soundtrack somewhere as well.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 04:13:44 AM by BobbiePeb » Logged
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #218 on: October 12, 2018, 08:41:37 AM »

In the spirit of October:

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #219 on: November 13, 2018, 08:52:19 PM »

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #220 on: January 19, 2019, 12:47:07 PM »

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #221 on: January 20, 2019, 12:43:25 PM »

@SirPsycho - what game was the Black Box track in? I always loved their song "Strike It Up" but hadn't really heard other material by them. This is pretty good, too.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #222 on: January 20, 2019, 10:09:16 PM »

@SirPsycho - what game was the Black Box track in? I always loved their song "Strike It Up" but hadn't really heard other material by them. This is pretty good, too.

Streets of Rage

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #223 on: March 25, 2019, 08:39:37 PM »

« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 08:20:19 PM by SirPsycho » Logged

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #224 on: March 26, 2019, 08:30:08 AM »

Really digging this song! Is the whole soundtrack as good?

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length