RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:30:34 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | January Retro Community Playthrough - Mischief Makers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: January Retro Community Playthrough - Mischief Makers  (Read 9423 times)
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 01:22:13 AM »

SHAKE SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE... Heheheh.
I'll join in with you guys in the next couple days if possible. The main reason I haven't been playing along is that the controller will bother my wife and she's hard at work, so I've been trying to keep her in mind when playing things in the room.

I guess HA and YEAH might be the ones you hear more, but that's the one that sticks with you.

TRY TO THE NEXT LEVEL.

cool, i'll add you to the list then Smiley. that does make it more difficult when you have a shared gaming space though
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 03:02:49 AM »

finished world 2 and up to the boss of world 3. really enjoying the change of pace near the end of world 3, and that boss battle is awesome in so many ways. haven't beaten it yet but i should be able to next time i try, just taking a break for now. how's it going for everyone else?
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2014, 12:33:56 PM »

Sorry, I keep meaning to come back to this game, but most of my gaming time lately has been going to Wind Waker.  Rest assured, I will beat this game by the end of the month!  Wink

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2014, 12:19:48 AM »

made some progress on world 4 over the weekend, going to do a little more tonight and will try to remember to add in my times for the high score stuff
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2014, 09:02:12 AM »

I made some time for this one last night.  Finished World 1 and played about half of World 2.  One thing I can say about this game is that it is very unique and almost every level so far has felt different from every level before it.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2014, 12:34:09 AM »

I made some time for this one last night.  Finished World 1 and played about half of World 2.  One thing I can say about this game is that it is very unique and almost every level so far has felt different from every level before it.

i know what you mean, the first few levels were pretty similar but after that it's been different almost every level, you never know what to expect. it's awesome so far!
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2014, 12:39:32 AM »

i know what you mean, the first few levels were pretty similar but after that it's been different almost every level, you never know what to expect. it's awesome so far!

As I mentioned, if you put the time into it, it's a surprising hidden gem.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2014, 04:40:55 PM »

Total red gems (so far): 720
Total gold gems (so far): 20

« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 04:43:11 PM by techwizard » Logged
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2014, 02:17:25 AM »

i finished this up tonight, some difficult but overall fun bosses in the last world. useful thing to know about gold gems that is more of a tip than spoiler but just in case:
Spoiler (hover to show)
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2014, 09:09:51 AM »

I finished this game over the weekend.  This is without a doubt one of the most unique and creative games I've played in a long time.  I had some frustrations with it due to some control issues and the sometimes less than obvious solutions to levels and boss fights, but overall I enjoyed it quite a bit.  I probably never would have played this game otherwise, so thanks for choosing it for the community playthrough Smiley

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2014, 11:46:00 PM »

I finished this game over the weekend.  This is without a doubt one of the most unique and creative games I've played in a long time.  I had some frustrations with it due to some control issues and the sometimes less than obvious solutions to levels and boss fights, but overall I enjoyed it quite a bit.  I probably never would have played this game otherwise, so thanks for choosing it for the community playthrough Smiley

glad you had fun with it! i agree with everything you said about it, there were some minor issues here and there but overall it was great.
Stigzilla
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2014, 04:31:55 PM »

So I guess mark me down as a participant, since I got this game Saturday, and had beaten World 4 by Sunday night. I'll probably put some more time in to it tonight when I get home from work and hopefully beat it.

Also first post in probably more than a year, it's been a long time.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 07:04:24 PM by Stigzilla » Logged
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2014, 06:12:16 PM »

So I guess mark me down as a participant, since I got it this game Saturday, and had beaten World 4 by Sunday night. I'll probably put some more time in to it tonight when I get home from work and hopefully beat it.

Also first post in probably more than a year, it's been a long time.

welcome back! lucky it's such a short game, easy to catch up on
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2014, 04:38:18 AM »

only a couple days left! don't forget to put up which achievements you finished and some level times for the high score challenges. pictures are the best option unless you want to type out every time manually. realized i forgot to include the rest of my times for the achievements and such since i beat the game.

entries and completed achievements:
#2 = red gems: 298
#3 =

#6 = 4h28m01s12 - C
Stigzilla
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2014, 04:44:51 AM »

Haha! Beat it! The first four worlds of the game did nothing to prepare me for the sheer...frustration of the multiple bosses of the last world.

Finished with 687 red gems, and 26 gold gems.

Glad to have played and be done with this game, it really is an interesting little gem.
And now I get to prepare myself for the month that is Kingdom Hearts and Parasite Eve!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length