RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:32:59 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Collecting Goals for 2014 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Collecting Goals for 2014  (Read 13731 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2014, 09:34:21 AM »

I hope you mean you have a ton of PS1 games not in your catalog. If you have a ton of NTSC PS1 games not in the database, please let us know immediately, as our list was culled a couple years ago from Game Rave... if Jason doesn't have it, it can be a big deal. Wink

Let me know if you need help with the Import stuff and tracking down what they are.

CKsGallery
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2014, 10:05:39 AM »

Oops, Sorry for the miss communication.

Yes I mean I own a ton of PS1 Games that I have not added to my collection on this site.
CKsGallery
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2014, 10:06:52 AM »

And thank you Shadow, maybe I can send you pics of the SNES boxes?
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2014, 10:11:00 AM »

Pics of the boxes would be okay, but I'd prefer the carts so I can use the Part #s to more easily track things down. If no cart, box front/back would suffice. Maybe add them to the DB while we're at it. Wink

CKsGallery
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2014, 10:15:23 AM »

I can do that, I always mean to get more involved on the site since I use it so much,  but never seem to find the time.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2014, 10:26:22 AM »

If you don't have time for pics, just a list of the Part #s will suffice. Wink

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2014, 03:56:05 PM »

Hey now,

Boy, am I way late for this. None the less-- Skylanders aside-- my only major collecting goal is to attain 2500 overall pieces for my collection by the end of the year. Which, at my present pace, is well within reach.

UPDATE 10/12:

I was aiming to collect all the main line Swap Force figures by the end of the year, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen...

Otherwise, the 2500-piece mark is well within reach. After that, I can aim to make page 1 of the All Collections list for the first time, which will be a goal for next year.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 01:09:06 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
Bing147
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2014, 10:17:12 AM »

I didn't actually set any goals this year, I was going through a bit of a collecting slump at the start of the year. However my goals are fairly similar each year so lets see if I hit last year's goals, again:

Buy at least 1 game for every system I own: I'm getting there. Accomplished this last year, right now, I've bought at least 1 for 31 of my 40 systems so with almost 6 months to go I feel good, especially since I hadn't even thought about this. Knocked two off the list last week, picking up my first Jaguar and Intellivion games of the year. The 9 I still need games for are (in order of my biggest collection to smallest): Sega CD, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, 5200, Game Gear, 32X, Virtual Boy, Microvision, Nuon

The Microvision and Nuon may require getting online, or hitting up some of the big downtown game stores here in Chicago, but I'm confident I'll get the rest 'in the wild'.

Add at least 2 new consoles to my collection: This is done. Picked up more than 2 actually. This year I've gotten a Vectrex, a PC Engine, PC Engine CD, Wii U, and Channel F.

Pick up at least 3 'rare' games: This is always a matter of degrees but I think I'm at least borderline. I did pick up two Supercharger games in the wild, those are pretty rare, but I'm talking more pricey hard to get games. I got Moonwalker, Turtles in Time, but those aren't really rare, just a bit pricey.

Still, I definitely count Gargoyle's Quest II for NES and Lords of Thunder for TGCD. I also got the gun for the original Odyssey with two games, that probably counts as well. Still, I'd like to get at least 1 more by year end as that's more an accessory and the others above are kind of borderline.

Round out my PS1/PS2 RPG Collections: This is always a goal and while I havne't made HUGE strides this year, I've done alright.

PS1:
Vandal Hearts 2, Chocobo's Racing (spin off at least of an RPG series), Jade Cocoon, Torneko the Last Hope, Saiyuki Journey West, Vagrant Story

PS2:
MS Saga a New Dawn, Drakengard 2, Suikoden IV, Evergrace, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2

5 on PS2 and 6 on PS1, not a huge chunk but I already have most of the big guns so it makes it harder to find new ones. Only 1 of these on each system was bought online.
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2014, 01:05:22 PM »

I have some concrete goals I want to achieve by the end of the year.  Though, they're mostly involved with dealing with my collection rather than expanding it.

1. Organize, catalog, and display my collection.  Organization and cataloging will be made MUCH easier thanks to the RF Gen database and mobile app.

2. Offer for sale and/or trade the duplicate and excess items in my collection.

3. If possible, acquire an NES copy of Metal Storm (NTSC) and a Famicom copy of Metal Storm.

Simple goals to say, but difficult to achieve.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2014, 01:36:47 PM »

Bickman is selling Metal Storm, I think...

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2014, 01:38:47 PM »

He WAS. I just missed out.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2014, 01:45:46 PM »

3. If possible, acquire an NES copy of Metal Storm (NTSC) and a Famicom copy of Metal Storm.

Greetings, Mr. Penfold. I've been on the hunt for Metal Storm myself after an esteemed RF Gentleman blogged about it a couple years back.

http://www.rfgeneration.c...d-21-Metal-Storm-1540.php

WHAAAAAT?! AND YOU DIDN'T THINK TO PM ME ABOUT THAT?!

YOU'RE DEAD TO ME, YOU HEAR?! DEAD!

*SOB*

...thought he was my friend... sniff...
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2014, 02:14:57 PM »

Would you prefer I flaunt my own, pristine copy above your head? I only found out yesterday after he pinged me about it from someone who was interested in it.  Undecided

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2014, 07:45:39 PM »

Would you prefer I flaunt my own, pristine copy above your head? I only found out yesterday after he pinged me about it from someone who was interested in it.  Undecided

Damn, I need me one of those machines...

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2014, 10:54:49 PM »

Greetings, Mr. Penfold. I've been on the hunt for Metal Storm myself after an esteemed RF Gentleman blogged about it a couple years back.

http://www.rfgeneration.c...d-21-Metal-Storm-1540.php

I've wanted Metal Storm since it came out.  Money would solve my problem very quickly, but I want to try and get it affordably. I would even take the Famicom version, if I could find it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length