RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:15:12 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Vote for February's Retro Playthrough (PS1) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Poll
Question: What Retro PS1 Classic Would You Like To Play In February?
Medievil   -6 (23.1%)
Brave Fencer Musashi   -3 (11.5%)
Parasite Eve   -10 (38.5%)
Mega Man Legends   -0 (0%)
Rayman   -0 (0%)
Croc   -0 (0%)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night   -6 (23.1%)
Loaded   -1 (3.8%)
Total Voters: 18

Author Topic: Vote for February's Retro Playthrough (PS1)  (Read 7657 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: January 15, 2014, 11:10:42 AM »

I would like to thank everyone who provided suggestions for the PS1 game for February. I have taken all of the titles and put them into this poll. The poll will be open for a week and you have 2 votes. Votes can be changed at any time, but the results of the poll will not be viewable until the poll has expired. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken by the playthrough group. Thank you, looking forward to February's playthrough.  banana
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 02:24:55 PM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 11:30:35 AM »

Medievil is, in this day and age, a hidden gem. I remember how popular it was back in the PS1 days, and I LOVED that game. However, I have my concerns about how similar the environment could be with Oddworld having been played recently.

Rayman is something I'd like everyone to experience, but after having voted for it, I realize it's available on a ton of platforms these days, and it doesn't really showcase PS1 so much as Rayman. If I could change my vote, it'd be for Parasite Eve, which was a PS1 exclusive as well.

SOTN is definitely something I want people to play, but many of us here are extremely familiar with it and it seems like something that would be better situated in a theme month.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 11:53:09 AM »

If it was MediEvil I would do my best to join in. I got it way back when PS+ was young and they offered a free month after The Great PSN Outage of 2011. In fact I believe I still have it on my PSP.

In any event it looks like the retro side will have a good time in February. I think you have seven cool possibilities there.

Dergatron9000
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 01:02:06 PM »

I voted for medievil. I remember playing the shit out of the demo back in the day but never actually played the game. Would love to finally get around to it.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 02:21:49 PM »

Medievil is, in this day and age, a hidden gem. I remember how popular it was back in the PS1 days, and I LOVED that game. However, I have my concerns about how similar the environment could be with Oddworld having been played recently.

I think the style of artwork is pretty similar, but the gameplay is miles different.  I like the list that was suggested for this month and this should give us quite a few more titles to select from in upcoming months. Keep voting guys, I'm interested to see how this turns out, since the poll is blind. Kind of like having a kid without finding out the sex.................alright, that was weird.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 09:30:01 AM »

Keep the votes coming. And remember, you get 2 votes, not just one should you choose to use it. Smiley

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 09:51:39 AM »

So that's what the "Remove Vote" feature is for?

I'm happy with my initial vote.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 10:20:44 AM »

Cool, Remove Vote...thanks.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 10:31:23 AM »

Yes, remove vote allows you to change your initial vote and recast. Everyone, other than the mods, should not be able to see the vote talley until the week is up. At least that's how I intended it. ;P

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 10:59:52 AM »

How come Duke's suggestion for Loaded wasnt included. I'd up for it

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 01:00:58 PM »

Sorry, I guess I just missed it. I'll throw it up there. Since people can change their votes, they can do so accordingly if they want. Thanks for pointing it out Crabby.

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 02:43:36 PM »

Blast can't see the pole on tapatalk. Ill have to remember to go on the site when I get home.

Now your playing with power!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 07:51:52 PM »

Banana has a secret agenda against Loaded. Be warned.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 09:35:53 PM »

Ha! I honestly don't even know the game. I've seen it, but never played it.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2014, 03:20:56 AM »

I love Musashi.  I used to draw the characters from the game all the time when I was in middle school.

I don't have it though.  So I voted for SOTN.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length