RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:13:13 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Body of Blog post keeps disappearing 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Body of Blog post keeps disappearing  (Read 1252 times)
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: January 17, 2014, 08:59:49 AM »

I'm not sure why, but a good chunk of my most recent blog post disappeared last night after I posted it.  I attempted to correct it this morning, but now even more of it gone, leaving a few sentences.  Here is my order of operations:

1) Enter body of blog post
2) Preview blog post (which appears normally)
3) Click "Save and Publish."
4) Observe that blog post is incomplete.
5) Edit blog post and find that it is incomplete.

Can anyone help?  Is the ruling mind of RF Gen trying to tell me something? (Just kidding, sorry)

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 10:38:38 AM »

I think I've figured out at least part of it.  Suffice to say that I won't be using the Linux version of Firefox to create content any more.  I'll be sticking with Chromium from now on.

- Han Solo
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 10:52:38 AM »

I wonder if it could have something to do with the connection problems we've been having to our databases. I believe the blog system is a part of the collection DB.

If you're using Firefox, I'd recommend the Textarea Cache add-on. It automatically saves the last few things you type into text boxes, so if something does happen, you can copy/paste it back. It saved me several times in the early days of our blog system when it wasn't nearly as reliable as it today.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 06:01:59 PM »

Blogs go to a different table in the database, but it's possible that if the server is unresponsive it could cause problems. I don't think it'd cause this normally, though.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 08:01:36 PM »

For some reason the Firefox I am using (26, Firefox for Linux Mint - 1.0) has exhibited some strange behavior when typing into some fields, specifically for a blog post and when I click on "Reply" in the forums (not when using the Quick Reply box).  Basically whole lines of text will appear to vanish (though the red underlines showing non-dictionary works remain).  It never was a problem previously, but I'll just end up moving to another browser for now.

- Han Solo
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length