RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:16:39 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | February Retro Community Playthrough - Parasite Eve 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print
Author Topic: February Retro Community Playthrough - Parasite Eve  (Read 30076 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 08:41:21 AM »

Glad to know that people are progressing through the game well. About how long did it take you techwizard?

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 09:02:46 AM »

I played all the way up to the first checkpoint on Saturday.  Took about 2-2.5 hours.  I wanted to keep going but decided I'd hold off until next week and get started on Kingdom Hearts.

I'm glad to say that this is definitely not one of those games that I remember fondly but doesn't hold up so well today.  I'm enjoying it just as much now as I did when it was first released.  I like that the battle system requires both "twitch" skills and strategy.  The soundtrack is awesome too.

I'm also pretty sure that Daniel = Danny Glover

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 04:03:01 PM »

Played up to the beginning of Day 2. I think it took about an hour because I didn't realize that objects that look like you can't interact with are the exact things you need to examining.

So far the game is off to a great start! I'm enjoying the battle system and look forward to seeing the story evolve.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2014, 04:46:59 PM »

Planning on getting some time in on the game tonight.......after the Bachelor..........don't judge me, I'm married.......

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2014, 09:30:23 PM »

The sacrifices one makes to maintain a happy marriage. Wink

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 10:04:20 PM »

She lets me buy video games and have pinball machines. I can't complain. Also got to do a little pre-Bachelor gaming while she put down the kids.

Made it to the first save point tonight and realized that my off-brand PSX memory card would not format... Regardless, I decided to press on a bit to get a better handle on the gameplay and mechanics. I finished the first story and made it to the beginning of Christmas Day. I'm really enjoying it so far and it will take no time to get back to Part 2. I know my local store has licensed cards, so I should be back in the saddle in no time.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 11:39:21 PM »

Any readers out there? Parasite Eve was originally released as a novel and adapted into two manga books as well as a film. The game is sequel to the events of the book.

Parasite Eve

Movie

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2014, 03:23:44 AM »

Any readers out there? Parasite Eve was originally released as a novel and adapted into two manga books as well as a film. The game is sequel to the events of the book.

Parasite Eve

Movie

oh right i meant to recommend singlebanana include those in the original post, interesting that the game is a sequel to the book.

also it took me 2 hours 31 minutes to get to the start of day 3, so good estimate on the time there.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2014, 08:30:06 AM »

Would have been pretty neat to read the original book while playing the game this month. Oh well, hindsight.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2014, 09:04:08 AM »

Beat Eve in around 2.5hrs, then the disc wouldn't load to Day 3.  I'll try again tomorrow Sad
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2014, 11:27:43 AM »

Just a thought, but doesn't it seem odd that there is so much ammo lying around the opera house? Apparently mutated rats are known to frequently have it on their person as well. Smiley

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2014, 01:27:35 PM »

Well I'm snowed in, so I'll start this up here in a bit.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2014, 01:30:56 PM »

There should have been a save point right before that  battle Raidou. Hopefully you saved there, since Eve isn't all that difficult it should be easy to pick up close to where you left off.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 01:41:34 PM by singlebanana » Logged

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2014, 07:50:51 PM »

Yeah, I saved there, and Eve gave me no trouble.  More worried this means my disc is failing (took 2 attempts to load my save file, cut scenes during battle were choppy) or worse- my PS1 is remembering that it's supposed to be region locked!

UPDATE:  Finally got to Day 3.  The battle was even easier the second time around, but it took 6 attempts to start the game up properly.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 05:50:28 AM by Raidou » Logged
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2014, 03:30:40 PM »

Parasite Eve

Movie

Wow, I never knew about that.  I'm not much of a reader, but I'll probably try to at least find a summary of the novel.  Might have to check out the movie too if it has English subtitles.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length