RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:25:02 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | February Modern Community Playthrough - Kingdom Hearts 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: February Modern Community Playthrough - Kingdom Hearts  (Read 16725 times)
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2014, 08:56:14 AM »

I finally completed Kingdom Hearts yesterday.  I did pretty much everything you can do in the game, including all optional bosses, coliseum tournaments (including solo matches and time trials), obtained all weapons, etc.  The Gummi Ship missions were the only thing I decided to skip.

As I said at the beginning of the month, I never liked this game very much when I tried to play it in the past, but I'm a converted fan now.  It's not a perfect game by any means, but somewhere along the way it just clicked and I got really into it.  There are several games in the Kingdom Hearts series now, so I'm curious to see how they improved with the sequels and how they changed it up with the spinoffs.

Thanks for choosing this game for the community playthrough.  I may never have given it another chance otherwise, and probably wouldn't have stuck it out through the pretty bad opening sections if I had.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2014, 09:04:28 AM »

Awesome! With one day left in February, that just leaves Addicted as the last serious participant who hasn't declared himself finished with game.

Good participation this month guys. I feel like I'm a in group of people who are really good at enunciating the finer points of gaming. It's actually really cool. Thank you all for taking the time to contribute to the discussion. Here's to many more awesome games to play together!

Stigzilla
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2014, 11:33:08 PM »

I'm nearly done, I'll have it finished by tomorrow for sure.

(I really need to work on being more active in here, my bad)
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2014, 08:53:52 AM »

I'm still leveling up, but it's been hard to find time to play. I hope to finish it tomorrow at the latest. I want to start on Phantasy Star.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Stigzilla
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2014, 08:54:08 PM »

Alright beat the game and got all the dalmations, though no Sephiroth this time around.
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2014, 06:19:55 PM »

I forgot to post this friday....

Finished the game:

I started the GBA one but so far it is not as good as the original.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2014, 07:55:08 AM »

Sweet guys! Put a fork in this one!

Thanks again for an amazing month, everyone. I mean it!

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2015, 08:22:38 PM »

rise from your grave! long overdue but i just wanted to say that i finally popped in this game to start playing it. i was mad about the fetch quest at the start but the game is pretty cool otherwise, i'm interested to see where it goes.
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2015, 09:29:15 PM »

Yeah, the beginning of the game kinda sucks but it gets better as you go along.  For me the turning point was Agrabah.  I hope you enjoy it!

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length