RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:51:30 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The small "Toy" scores thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 51 Print
Author Topic: The small "Toy" scores thread  (Read 276154 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2014, 08:52:36 PM »

that's awesome Zag!  Looking forward to the new movie??

Um... no, not really. After witnessing the appalling travesties that were Revenge of the Fallen and Dark of the Moon, I don't have much faith in Part 4 being all that great. Or even halfway decent for that matter. I must admit, however, that my reaction to the trailers and spots for Age of Extinction I saw on YouTube was, "Wow, this one looks like it won't be nearly as sh*tty as the last two." So maybe there's some hope after all.

SUPER KAWAII DESU HAPPY FUN TIME!!!
Wait a minute. Do I see... Optimus nipples?

Oh, didn't you know? That's a prototype tie-in toy for the fifth TransFormers movie, which will be directed by Joel Schumacher.

BTW If you think that's provocative, check out this screenshot from Autobots Gone Wild:

You don't even have to bribe him with those stupid plastic beads to get him to do this.

And here he is with another "flash":

That's a bad touch... a VERY bad touch indeed.

ANYhoo, I just ordered a couple new Optimoid entities that are expected to arrive later this week.

Catch y'all then... if not sooner.

'Late
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2014, 01:06:45 PM »

I regret passing on that Masterpiece Optimus so many times.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2014, 07:37:17 PM »

I regret passing on that Masterpiece Optimus so many times.

WHAT'S THIS?! You had several opportunities to pick up one of those bad boys, but never did?!  grrr And you call yourself a TransFormers fan?! You phoney fair-weather types make me sick! How do you even sleep at night with the shame you bear every single minute of your life?!  nono

20th Anniversary Master Piece Optimus Prime/Convoy is only the greatest TransFormer toy ever made! Well, okay, the second-greatest behind the original G1 Optimus Prime toy! Especially the Japanese release with the longer stacks, more chromed bits, and other cool stuff like a certain super-mega-awesome Japan-exclusive accessory! You know what: as soon as I get my home internet service back up in a couple days, I'm gonna show you just what you missed out on, just to make you feel even more guilty than you do right now... and deservedly so.

Until then: hugs and kisses!

LoveUbye
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2014, 08:03:28 PM »

Impressive debate on the defense of ownership for Masterpiece Optimus Prime. I have always defended that I need to complete my G1 collection first, before jumping into those bigger MP versions. My buddy was all psyched when I pointed out the new TransFans 3rd-party MP Dinobot Slag. He asked me if I was going to grab it. I have a really HARD time spending $200 on a non-Takara TF, especially when I don't own any of the G1 Dinobots. As for Optimus, I could have gotten a Toys R' Us version or a Walmart version. I have always held more desire to own the Masterpiece Megatron though. That way I could physically compare the scale of Megatron in P-38 mode between his G1, MP, and an actual Walther P-38.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2014, 07:25:10 PM »

Hello again,

I considered grabbing the MP Megatron, but I didn't really dig the thin legs in robot mode. Otherwise, he looks reasonably solid. Besides, collecting just Optimus stuff is enough of a financial burden.

It also didn't help that, due to U.S. federal law making it illegal to distribute or sell realistic-looking toy guns, had I bought it, the seller would have been forced to super-glue an orange safety tip plug into the end of the barrel.  Thanks, but no thanks...

ANYhoo, you know what time it is? It's PRIME TIME of course! Which I can now keep better track of with this clock and transformable wristwatch combo I grabbed a few days ago:

But that's not all; my Amazon order came in today...

Holy crapballs, what could be in there?!

Oh, the suspense...

AW H3LLZ Y3AH!!! Got the TransFormers 4 Leader-Class Optie...

...aaaaand the Voyager-class "evasion mode" version that transforms into the G1-style non-flamey cab-over rig that us children-of-the-80s all know and love!

I'm guessing the appearance of cab-over Optiumus was the result of Michael Bay finally caving to the incessant browbeating from bitchy purist fans who wanted to see more of the G1-style designs in the live-action flicks. I mean, they could've focused their collective anger at the awful scripts of the last two movies more than the robot designs, but where's the fun in that? Way to keep your priorities in order, fanbase...  Roll Eyes

On another note: I'll likely catch TransFormers 4 some time next week. Sadly, I don't have very high expectations; if it ends up not being as crappy as Revenge of the Fallen or Dark of the Moon, I'll be somewhat happy... I guess. Sad

All right, enough boring nonsense; I'll leave y'all to your inadequate and inferior G.I. Joes, Masters of the Universe, and Ninja Turtles...   Tongue

'Late
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2014, 07:50:53 PM »

Optimus' grip strength is awesome

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2014, 11:07:55 PM »

Optimus' grip strength is awesome

You know what else is awesome about him? Just about everything, that's what!

Hey, what's that behind Optie there? Does that look like... a trailer?

That's right: not willing to settle for just the rig, Japan got the whole kit 'n' kaboodle!

You've just seen the biggest transformable Optimus Prime toy, now take a gander at the smallest one:

Say, that little guy looks familiar, doesn't he.

Another Japan exclusive, the Smallest TransFormers toys were blind-boxed, with the trailer a rare chase piece. The box is a custom-made piece I bought on eBay.

'Late
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #112 on: July 03, 2014, 10:54:52 AM »

That trailer is truly a sight to behold. Thats MP-01? Not MP-10? Either way, a nice representation of a 1980 Freightliner COE.

I am never against spending a half hour or so, doing something I found impossible at age 5, so I grabbed these from Walmart yesterday:

I wanted the Guardians of the Galaxy set mostly for the Groot and Rocket Raccoon minifigs.

I was more stoked to get this set though:

Photobomb courtesy of Francine. This set rocks. I love the pink and purple Sentinel. Blackbird AKA X-Jet is pretty decent but I felt I could have been done a little better. Its lack of any kind of landing gear kinda bugs me.

Play!:

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #113 on: July 04, 2014, 10:46:51 PM »

Found a Jetfire Transformer NIB in my garage that I had forgotten about.  

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2014, 12:33:04 AM »

Found a Jetfire Transformer NIB in my garage that I had forgotten about. 

G1 or Classics?

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2014, 10:07:49 PM »

^Classics

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2014, 01:41:15 PM »

That trailer is truly a sight to behold. Thats MP-01? Not MP-10? Either way, a nice representation of a 1980 Freightliner COE.

It's MP-1 with a separately-packaged trailer. They did release both together as a "Perfect Convoy" set, designated MP-4. The trailer is the 2nd-edition; the 1st edition was styled after the G1 'toon as opposed to the original G1 toy. I preferred the look of the 2nd edition version, so that's the one I picked up.

Sadly, I didn't find out about the MP-10 until well after it was released, and now it's too far out of my budget. Otherwise, I'd have definitely added it to my menagerie.

Speaking of which: I picked up a new mini-Optie for the big guy to build.

'Late
engel762
Donor

Stats
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2014, 10:28:14 AM »

I really should get my hands on an Optimus Prime of some sort, I miss my old  G1 I got so many years ago as a birthday present from my Uncle Sad
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #118 on: July 10, 2014, 10:13:11 AM »

I would like to upgrade my G1 Optimus at some point. I got the 25th anniversary version with original smokestacks added. Not a fan of the colors though.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2014, 08:05:25 PM »

These were cheap so I grabbed them, while grocery shopping at my local friendly-Canadian, Save-On foods:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 51 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length