RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:55:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The small "Toy" scores thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 51 Print
Author Topic: The small "Toy" scores thread  (Read 276181 times)
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #570 on: August 13, 2018, 09:56:38 AM »

Those re-issued Transformers are pretty cool.  I already have some of the original mini bots but man it's tempting to pick a few up. 

If they do a Soundwave again, I might have to grab him as I've never owned one and didn't get him the last time they did a re-issue.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #571 on: September 14, 2018, 02:19:06 AM »

Hey now,

Been a long time since I made any post here. Need to try and change that. Here are some recent pickups:

Untitled by Michael Rancourt, on Flickr

These are new/updated versions of the classic Masters of the Universe figures, offered through Super 7. She-Ra is the only figure of those 4, that is an entirely new figure. The other 3, are redeco/repaints.

I dunno, she sure looks a lot like the original She-Ra to me, and not that new early-teen one that has triggered a few basement-dwelling YouTubers for lacking the fappability factor. Jesus H. Murgatroid Christ on a burning bed, just get me off of this goddamned planet already. It's nonsense like this that makes me never wanna leave the house, you know?
 THE facepalm

Sorry, I got sidetracked a bit there. Um, where were we?

Bugs me how He-mans head is turned completely to the side. Makes me badly want to open it up to spin his head forward!

DO IT! Stop being He-Man's real arch-nemesis, Beta-Cuck Soy-Boy®, and grow a pair already! Toxic masculinity FTW! Actually, now that I think about it, Beta-Cuck Soy-Boy® is an apt moniker for He-Man's alter-ego Prince Adam. And it definitely applies to Battle Cat's alter-ego Cringer.

Aaaand I am putting way too much thought into this. I'll just move on now...

Walmart is starting to get reissue/updated G1 Transformers. I nabbed the only two I could find:

Neat. Not really considering picking up any of these little guys, but I dig that they gave Bumblebee a G1-cartoon-accurate face. It is kinda weird that they went with the original card art featuring the mouthplate face, though.

Speaking of mouthplate faces: It's time to reveal the biggest (third-party KO) TransFormer yet:

Whoah,what could possibly be in there?

Introducing the Lewin-1 Atlas, an upscaled KO of the Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime. But before I open this up, I better pay attention to safety:

That's some surprisingly coherent "Chinglish" right there (it is "mede in china" after all). Now where to find four unhappy jack-o-lanterns so I can continue--

Sad Sad Sad Sad

Eh, close enough. All right, let's get down ta bidness.

I feel a certain Stan Bush song comin' on.

BEW-BEW-BEW!

Lookit deez phat stax, yo!

Now you're probably asking yourself, "just how big is this bad boy, anyway?"

That's where the good old-fashioned side-by-side comparison with my MP-10 Optie comes in:

Whelp, that's it for now. I would have posted more pics, especially the robot mode, but I'm waiting until the button-cell batteries arrive so I can power up this bad boy's light-up features. And he's got a LOT of lights, lemme tell ya.

Until then...

...'Late
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 11:56:39 AM by Zagnorch » Logged
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #572 on: September 21, 2018, 10:24:22 PM »

Hey now yet again, esteemed RF-Gentlemen:

Now that the batteries have come in, it's on to the Super-Mega-Huge-Optimus Saga Part 2: Autobot Boogaloo...

To light our darkest hour...

Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

Batteries go where?

Ooooh! Shiny!

Now to flip the switch on the back of his head, and--

OH MY GOD HIS BLINDING STARE IS SUCKING MY SOUL OUT OF MY BODY I TRY TO RESIST BUT I CAN'T LOOK AWAY PLEASE SEND HELP

--whoah, that was a trip. Hey, just who's driving this thing, anyway?

Optimus Prime & Knuckles? It's waaay better than 99.999% of those "____________ & Knuckles" memes polluting the interwebz. This is one crossover I can really get behind!

What's that, Knuckles? Oh, you're gonna drive Optimus all the way to Uganda, are you? Are you sure you know the way?

ANYway, let's check out all the other cool lights:

Aaaaw, lookit da kyoot widdle footsies!

Sadly, for all of the lights this dude possesses, the headlights don't light up. A real bummer, you know?

Ah well, time to show him in all his robotic glory:

Oh, did I fail to mention that each forearm sports his trademark comm-link with flip-up viewscreen?

Of course, no Optimus toy photosesh of mine is complete without the trademark "Autobots-Gone-Wild" Matrix-flash shot:

Aaaaand finally:

Knuckles and Optie are really bonding; they just told me they're going as Master Blaster from Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome for Halloween. I can see that...

ANYway, I'll probably be sharing some size-comparison shots of Kaiju-Optie with my other TransFormers in the near future.

Until all are one...

...'Late
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #573 on: September 22, 2018, 07:38:10 AM »

I liked the part were the lights turned on and when you had funny things to say  Smiley
jcalder8
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #574 on: September 22, 2018, 11:43:37 AM »

That looks amazing Zagnorch
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #575 on: October 08, 2018, 07:42:31 AM »

Not a pick up per say but I pulled 2 boxes of 90s toy nostalgia out of my parents attic. I know the box on the right is mostly 90s X-Men figures but the other box is all kinds of random stuff. Let's see what we can find!

First up is some Mattel Code Zero military figures. Such a cool forgtton line.

The A-Team lunch box held a bunch of Matchbox swappable / building cars. Looks like they were called Connectables.

Micro Machine ZBots! I forgot all about these guys.

Only MTG card I kept when I sold my collection. Don't get too excited, it's a "International Edition" which means it's not worth as much as an original black border Shivan Dragon.

Only Mighty Max toy I ever had. Never really got into these.

Mattel Computer Warriors. Another random toy I only had one of. This one is looking pretty rough.

Sega pocket power toy.

Galoob Army Gear. I definitely had a thing for transforming war toys.

That's it for now.  I'll post some more pics when I go through the other box.

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #576 on: October 09, 2018, 08:51:19 AM »

Started on the other box last night...

Kenner Mega Force. These things remind me so much of shmup bosses. Out of everything so far, I'm tempted to try and get some more of these the most.

Started working on the Toy Biz X-Men. Still got some accessories to sort out and they need some good cleaning. Looking like most of them are complete.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #577 on: October 09, 2018, 09:19:02 AM »

MODOK!!!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #578 on: October 12, 2018, 04:07:31 PM »

Hey now...

Started on the other box last night...

Kenner Mega Force. These things remind me so much of shmup bosses. Out of everything so far, I'm tempted to try and get some more of these the most.

I've almost certainly gone up against a few of those while playing UN Squadron.

ANYway, I got me a brandy-new Hummer earlier today:

Who wants to go on a ride with me? Anyone?

...'Late
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #579 on: November 16, 2018, 04:45:37 AM »

Hey now,

Been a long time since I made any post here. Need to try and change that. Here are some recent pickups:

These are new/updated versions of the classic Masters of the Universe figures, offered through Super 7. She-Ra is the only figure of those 4, that is an entirely new figure. The other 3, are redeco/repaints.

I dunno, she sure looks a lot like the original She-Ra to me

http://www.he-man.org/col...hp?id=1291&image=2477

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #580 on: December 08, 2018, 04:20:49 PM »

Hey now!

This one's for you, Mr. Michael of Engineering Fame! I hit the local Savers thrift yesterday, and found a few things you might really dig.

Let's see what I have here...

A complete MOBAT (MObile BATtle tank) with working motorized treads...

...a complete Cobra A.S.P. (Assault System Pod)...

...and a woefully incomplete Bridge Layer, HAVOC, and Cobra Maggot tractor:

Whattaya think, huh? Does Mikey like it?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 05:36:20 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #581 on: December 09, 2018, 12:46:20 AM »

Nice Joe score!

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #582 on: December 09, 2018, 02:32:22 AM »

Picked these guys up a few weeks ago. I love TMNT enemies, they capture 90s grossout design so well.
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #583 on: December 11, 2018, 10:51:32 AM »

Awesome Joe finds!  That M.O.B.A.T. isn't quite complete.  It's missing the turret gun that slips over that cross part.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #584 on: December 11, 2018, 09:35:41 PM »

Picked these guys up a few weeks ago. I love TMNT enemies, they capture 90s grossout design so well.

Scumbug is pretty creepy.

Awesome Joe finds!  That M.O.B.A.T. isn't quite complete.  It's missing the turret gun that slips over that cross part.

Which is prone to breakage, and quite often missing.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 51 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length