RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:37:17 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The small "Toy" scores thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 51 Print
Author Topic: The small "Toy" scores thread  (Read 276156 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #615 on: October 06, 2019, 10:54:54 PM »

Hey now...

Got more manchild plastic, lads. Sorry if it's not dad-core enough for you ol' fogies. There are TMNT figs though. Wink

Um... didn't the first Urusei Yatsura manga come out in the late '70s? And Gojira goes all the way back to the mid-'50s. If we're dad-core, then you're GRAND-dad-core. Who's the ol' fogey now, hmmm?  Wink

ANYway, I hope to have my latest acquisition in some time later this week... and I guaran-frickin-tee ya that it'll be dad-core as all get out.

Until then...

...'Late

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #616 on: October 07, 2019, 09:44:50 AM »

It was a Transformers weekend.

First, I found this Highbrow for $10 at a Vintage Stock.  He's missing his guns, the canopy, and one of the arms is broke off the head but he was cheap and displays fine in robot mode.

Then, I just couldn't help myself after seeing these at Wal-Mart...

I never owned a Soundwave when I was a kid so I figured it was high time I got one.  Sure it's a re-issue and not vintage but it works for me.  It'd be really cool if they re-issued some of the other tapes but I'm sure this is all we'll get.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #617 on: October 07, 2019, 02:03:42 PM »

Nice. I’ve been looking for a classic looking Soundwave, as he’s the only Transformer I ever had as a kid, but I haven’t seen this particular line at my store. I think a lot of good stuff gets scalped around here, unfortunately.
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #618 on: October 07, 2019, 02:59:13 PM »

Nice. I’ve been looking for a classic looking Soundwave, as he’s the only Transformer I ever had as a kid, but I haven’t seen this particular line at my store. I think a lot of good stuff gets scalped around here, unfortunately.

They are Wal-Mart exclusive.  Use brickseek to track it down.  It's a bit on the expensive side IMO but I was willing to pony up for it.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #619 on: October 07, 2019, 09:47:22 PM »

« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 09:38:00 PM by tactical_nuke » Logged
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #620 on: October 13, 2019, 05:59:39 PM »

Well this sucks... looks like the big toy score I was supposed to get in last week won't be arriving until the end of November.  Angry Guess I'll hafta figure out some other ways to pass the time. Perhaps I could take a crack at those "video game" thingies the young'uns are all up in arms over...
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #621 on: October 29, 2019, 01:53:24 AM »

Hey now yet again. I figured I'd introduce y'all to the most recent additions to my TransFormers stack:

- Vintage G1 Soundwave reissue: While I try to avoid shopping at Wally World as much as possible, I have to admit I was intrigued by Bear78's score, so I broke down and bought my very own from the Wally World-Wide-Website for delivery to my front stoop. I've yet to encounter the cassette minions 2-packs, though. As for the main event: I'm still debating whether or not I should unbox this bad boy...

- War for Cybertron Siege Micromasters 10-Pack: these are just recolors of already-released Micromasters... none of which I've bought until now. A few of them pair off and combine into some neat-looking laser guns and swords.

- War for Cybertron Siege Mirage: originally, I just got him to keep Hound company... but he's startin' to grow on me.

- War for Cybertron Siege Springer: JER-RY! JER-RY! JER-RY! JER-RY!

ANYway, that's it for now; y'all have a good evening.
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #622 on: October 29, 2019, 09:08:40 AM »

- Vintage G1 Soundwave reissue: While I try to avoid shopping at Wally World as much as possible, I have to admit I was intrigued by Bear78's score, so I broke down and bought my very own from the Wally World-Wide-Website for delivery to my front stoop. I've yet to encounter the cassette minions 2-packs, though. As for the main event: I'm still debating whether or not I should unbox this bad boy...

I opened up mine along with the mini cassettes. The did a fantastic job on the packaging though so I can see wanting to leave them packaged.  As for me, I wanted to play with them lol.

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #623 on: October 29, 2019, 12:33:49 PM »

Still can’t find that vintage line at my store. My WM is poop.
jcalder8
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #624 on: November 03, 2019, 08:37:39 AM »

I picked these up yesterday. They are a mixture of never played and played less than 5 times. Very excited to try these out. Cost about 165.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #625 on: November 07, 2019, 01:35:49 AM »

Hey now yet again!

Better brace yourselves, 'cuz my latest toy score came in yesterday.

Oh my goodness, what could it possibly be?

I bet y'all can hardly wait to see what it is, hmmm?

Well that's just too bad, 'cuz you are gonna wait, and you're gonna like it, mister!!!

PSYCH!!!

P.S. I'm not saying that this is another TransFormers score... but this is another TransFormers score.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #626 on: November 07, 2019, 06:34:53 AM »

Hey now yet again!

Better brace yourselves, 'cuz my latest toy score came in yesterday.

Oh my goodness, what could it possibly be?

I bet y'all can hardly wait to see what it is, hmmm?

Well that's just too bad, 'cuz you are gonna wait, and you're gonna like it, mister!!!

PSYCH!!!

P.S. I'm not saying that this is another TransFormers score... but this is another TransFormers score.

fu2

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #627 on: November 10, 2019, 03:00:12 AM »

Hey now-- hey, what the...?!

[...]

fu2

So you're saying that you don't want those Quest for the Rings parts after all? And that you're forfeiting all your NSSS claims from now into perpetuity? Okay, message received.

ANYway, let's continue with the big reveal...

...but before we do that, check out this other TransFormers score I picked up from Savers a few days ago:

I also picked up this sweet-ass upgrade set for my Siege Leader-Class Optie:

Now where would this accessory go? Hmmm...

Oh yeah, I also found this:

What does the game's product number say about it's playibility level?

And even though it isn't a toy, this wonderfully whimsical art piece really spoke to me for some reason:

Eat your heart out, Da Vinci!

Another cool find-- that I ultimately decided not to buy-- was this Halloween-themed poop emoji thingy:

Alluva sudden, I have a hankering for orange sherbet soft-serve...

And now, a few upcoming playthings I'm looking forward to adding to my mighty menagerie:

I was wondering when ReAction would put out their take on the G1 TransFormers...

...and RoboCop, which includes three different RoboCops (regular, helmetless, battle-damaged), toxic-waste-melted Emil, the always popular ED-209, Kinney the ill-fated executive victim of ED-209, and-- the one I'm waiting for the most-- Bixby! Betcha can't guess how much I'd pay to buy a Bix figure...

On another note: why does each ReAction figure come with a disclaimer stating that it's "not a toy"? Ex-squeeze me?!

ANYway, let's get on with the main event--

--oh, goshdarnit, I'm all out of time. I'm gonna hafta reveal my big score to you some other day; sorry 'bout that.

BTW if you're feeling anger and/or frustration over having to wait a day or two longer for the big reveal, just remember that it's all Shaggy's fault.

Until next time...

...'Scuse.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #628 on: November 10, 2019, 09:58:16 PM »

Hey now-- hey, what the...?!

[...]

fu2

So you're saying that you don't want those Quest for the Rings parts after all? And that you're forfeiting all your NSSS claims from now into perpetuity? Okay, message received.

[/center

...but before we do that, check out this other TransFormers score I picked up from Savers a few days ago:

BTW if you're feeling anger and/or frustration over having to wait a day or two longer for the big reveal, just remember that it's all Shaggy's fault.

Until next time...

...'Scuse.
Ha ha, good one!   Shocked

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #629 on: November 10, 2019, 11:30:55 PM »

Relevant to this thread's interests.  (Hopefully I didn't post it before.)

A Walmart reissue Optimus Prime, snatched from the clearance aisle.  They even put the clearance sticker on the bubble.  I removed most of the sticker, then got lazy, apparently.  Box is a bit rough, but I never had an original Optimus, just the Powermaster.  So, for $20, I picked it up.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 51 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length