RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:23:08 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | The small "Toy" scores thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 51 Print
Author Topic: The small "Toy" scores thread  (Read 276121 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #630 on: November 13, 2019, 01:33:49 AM »

Hey now,

Relevant to this thread's interests.  (Hopefully I didn't post it before.)

A Walmart reissue Optimus Prime, snatched from the clearance aisle.  They even put the clearance sticker on the bubble.  I removed most of the sticker, then got lazy, apparently.  Box is a bit rough, but I never had an original Optimus, just the Powermaster.  So, for $20, I picked it up.

They originally released it at around $50... which I thought was a bit of a rip. They probably could have moved a lot more if they added the trailer and gave it a $75-$80 price point.

ANYway, it's finally that time...for realsies. Let's do this!

Aaaaand now, the moment of truth.

All right, let's dig in:

TA-DAAAA:

Um... that's a bad touch on Megatron there, O.S.-- A very bad touch...

Whelp, that's about it for now. Be sure to tune in next week when the next batch of goodies comes rolling in.

Until then...

...'Late
jcalder8
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #631 on: November 13, 2019, 01:24:28 PM »

Looks great!

Does he come with the track?
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #632 on: November 13, 2019, 02:11:58 PM »

Nice Omega Supreme, Zag.  Reawakens my itch to get Fortress Maximus, but I have to wait until the budget allows. 

$50 for the Optimus?  I thought the Rodimus was steep at $35.  While I definitely would have liked to see a trailer with it, I'm perfectly happy to have this Optimus on my shelf at this price.  I have the Generation 2 Optimus what came with the talk box if I get the urge to play in the sandbox.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #633 on: November 13, 2019, 06:42:24 PM »

Hey now...

Looks great!

Does he come with the track?

He does indeed, my good man. Just like his G1 forebear, Siege Omega Supreme's wings transform into the tracks in his rocket base mode.

Hey, speaking of rocket bases:

Prepare for liftoff:

That's one small step for (an) Autobot...

BLAST OFF!!!

I've never had 2+ feet of thick, solid-fuel rocket
in my grip before... I feel so inadequate.

One bummer about this bad boy is that, unlike his G1 forebear, Siege O.S.'s tank isn't motorized. However, it's an even bet that there's some third-party outfit that's looking to rectify that little oversight.

Nice Omega Supreme, Zag.  Reawakens my itch to get Fortress Maximus, but I have to wait until the budget allows.

Speaking of Fortress Maximus-- but, that's for another day.  Grin

$50 for the Optimus?  I thought the Rodimus was steep at $35.  While I definitely would have liked to see a trailer with it, I'm perfectly happy to have this Optimus on my shelf at this price.  I have the Generation 2 Optimus what came with the talk box if I get the urge to play in the sandbox.

I got a Japanese re-release G1 Optie tractor-trailer about a decade back; set me back about $85 all told. Pretty cool beans, lemme tell ya.

Aaaaaaand that's it for now. But fret not, my fellow RF-Gentlemen; there's more
than meets the eye to come real soon, pinky swear!

- 'Scuse.
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #634 on: November 13, 2019, 06:52:32 PM »

Prepare for liftoff:

That's one small step for (an) Autobot...

Hey, I thought that little guy looked familiar.  That's Countdown.  He's the commander of a Transformers toy near and dear to my heart:  The Rocket Base.  I may have to change my allegiance from Fortress Maximus to Omega Supreme since Omega here seems to have integrated elements from the Rocket base.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #635 on: November 27, 2019, 08:19:40 PM »

Coming soon: the most underrated, and criminally underappreciated, 1980s pop-culture automaton phenomenon gets its long-overdue spotlight, right here on the RF Generation Small "Toy" Scores Thread! Don't miss it!

Until then...

-'Late
jcalder8
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #636 on: November 29, 2019, 02:03:02 PM »

I picked this up for $20, looks like it's just missing the manual and 1 figure. Happy to have finally found one that wasn't 50% missing.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #637 on: November 29, 2019, 06:27:11 PM »

Wow.  Very impressive HeroScape score.  I really regret not supporting this when it was out.  Very cool.

jcalder8
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #638 on: December 06, 2019, 07:34:07 PM »

Got my Black Friday purchase in the mail today. I am back to OnePlus with the 7 Pro after using the Samsung S9+ for the last couple years. Glad to be back.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #639 on: December 06, 2019, 09:01:09 PM »

Got my Black Friday purchase in the mail today. I am back to OnePlus with the 7 Pro after using the Samsung S9+ for the last couple years. Glad to be back.

Pics or it didn't happen. Wink

EDIT: Ah, there it is; that's much better.

Speaking of pics: stay tuned...

...'Late
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 05:00:43 AM by Zagnorch » Logged
jcalder8
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #640 on: December 06, 2019, 09:36:53 PM »

Pics or it didn't happen. Wink

Speaking of pics: stay tuned...

...'Late
Fixed it Cheesy.

Looking forward to your new photos
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #641 on: December 07, 2019, 12:26:41 AM »

« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 12:28:30 AM by Zagnorch » Logged
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #642 on: December 07, 2019, 03:36:51 PM »

Not to hog the Toy Scores spotlight even further than I already have, BUT...

...I'm hogging the Toy Scores spotlight even further than I already have with the unboxing of yet another TransFormers Siege figure:

Needless to say, it's time to free up this bad boy.

Oh yeah, that's the stuff:

All righty, time to have the kiddies leave the room, 'cuz U-Magz is about to take it all off, leaving absolutely nothing to the imagination:

Hey, Voltron... did you unsheathe your blazing sword, or are you just happy to see me?

Finally, the vehicle mode:

Whelp, that's it for the moment... but I got something chuggin' down the track real soon.

-'Late
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #643 on: December 09, 2019, 01:17:51 AM »

Great theatre on the Voltron of the Near Universe post, Zag.  I really love that piece, and if I didn't have an original Vehicle Voltron, I would probably hunt one down for myself.  A great piece to see.

I have a piece of my own to post, but I need a weekend from my weekend first.

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #644 on: December 09, 2019, 10:24:52 AM »

Awesome Dairugger! 

Speaking of Voltron, I picked up 2 busted up black lions this past weekend.  Going to try and make 1 ok one out of them.  One is an original release and the one missing the head is the 97 re-release. Thinking I might just try and swap the re-release wings onto the original but I haven't decided what exactly to do yet.  Might be a big frakenstein buy the end.

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 51 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length